Another way of touring?

karbatal

I agree that a lot of what M does live has been done before like, the hanging catwalk in RIT, the Golden Triangle in MDNA, it's just M knows how to put a show together incorporating those different aspects, was reading about the plan of her flying over the crowd in DWT was scrapped, she's not really done a B stage yet, or concerts in the round, so there is still lots of things she can still do and no doubt she will do something original and unique too, can't wait to see what the next tour has in store for us

I agree, Celebration is one of her best endings EVER!!!! Confessions was superb, but this Celebration is truly a celebration of life!

The buildup in Like a Prayer and then the lights going out and everything going silent with the return of the church bells for a while. Then the Celebration bass and that INSANE light show start. It was so dramatic and intense :dramatic:

God, I miss this tour

Yes, the segment I'm a Sinner/Cyberraga/Like a Prayer is pure Veronica and then she comes and gives Celebration! Veronica married Streetdonna!

The opening with the blocs on screen, and how it was blending with the blocks coming up on the stage.....SO TRIPPY!

MIND BENDING!

:dramatic:

maxresdefault.jpg

Actually, Kate Bush's only tour ever in 1980 was very thematic and theatrical. She even pioneered the headset mic. Not saying Madonna ripped off or even was inspired by Kate, but Blond Ambition was not the very first to utilize a staging and make the audience think. :-)

Right. Why do people forget Kate? Also Grace Jones' One Man Show tour (1981) was like a theatre.

Edited by mangapop

Guest bluejean

She DOES do that http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x116sx8_19-the-mdna-tour-love-spent_music

Celebration was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. It was like being on acid, minus the acid.

Yes exactly. I have no idea why anyone would want Madonna to minimise what she does. She does the whole intimate and/or stripped back thing within the same show.

No I want the Full On Madonna show ! I saw MDNA Live in Abu Dhabi and Celebration was just mind blowing and dancers were just amazing .

It will be interesting though to see what she will do with her next tour.

Madonna seems to be streamlining her live shows (S&S and MDNA come to mind) so that they rely very heavily on the effects that surround her rather than her own performance. It is a smart move as it allows for her to complete the 80+ dates without falling to pieces. What I mean is, she is just apart of the whole "machine" going around around her, aside from a very few selections (OYH, Masterpiece, LAV/LS...which were pretty much all live when it came to the band and her vocals), most of the show was just a push of a button and the "cast" just kept up with the changing scenes and themes. Madonna mimed more on MDNA than she did on previous tours, so unless she scales things back to allow her to focus on her vocal delivery and not so much on movement, I have a feeling that we will be hearing her truly LIVE less and less.

Actually, the MDNA tour was already perfection. I don't know how she can top it really. Where else can it go?

I agree, I think she will go back to the GS/DWT approach that focused on theatrics, yet gave her the time and space to focus on singing rather than dancing. It would be nice to hear Madonna with a full on band again as opposed to playback.

I always envision her going all out one day and creating a full on "modern musical" with her music. She already likes to tell a story with her shows, so the next creative step would be to make the narrative and theme one cohesive unit and deliver a true "rock opera"...she could infuse her directorial talents in with her live performance talents.