I Want New Madonna Music !!!

Pressston

Guest bluejean

There's no money to be made in these sort of projects. All projects now are about maximising profits hence the lack of promotion for the actual MDNA album and all the focus on the tour. I think her music is now just about supporting her 'art' and her business projects.

Any project about b-sides and remasters would only appeal to a tiny hardcore and I don't think they feel it is worth any effort. There may be one big retrospective project at some point but I strongly doubt it.

So why is it that they do these types of projects for other artists then? Pet Shop Boys, U2, Michael Jackson, George Michael, Depeche Mode, Blondie, David Bowie, Eurythmics... The list goes on

So why is it that they do these types of projects for other artists then? Pet Shop Boys, U2, Michael Jackson, George Michael, Depeche Mode, Blondie, David Bowie... The list goes on

I guess U2 might be an exception, but it seems like most of these B side and remaster projects are done for artists who are no longer touring that much or at the height of their touring careers or releasing albums on a regular basis. So record labels have to make money somehow. These type of projects don't really interest me that much. A lot of the times it just seems like milking the fans for every last cent by making them buy stuff they already have even though it's remastered for one or two previously unreleased songs which aren't that great or they wouldn't have been released on previous albums. I would like new music from Madonna as soon as possible, but truly new music, not remastered or old discarded tracks.

Guest HaveASit

Can't wait for new music too! I want her doing a Prince thing mixing Funk, Pop, Disco, R&B and Rock. Oh, and no more eletronic sounds this time.

I guess U2 might be an exception, but it seems like most of these B side and remaster projects are done for artists who are no longer touring that much or at the height of their touring careers or releasing albums on a regular basis. So record labels have to make money somehow. These type of projects don't really interest me that much. A lot of the times it just seems like milking the fans for every last cent by making them buy stuff they already have even though it's remastered for one or two previously unreleased songs which aren't that great or they wouldn't have been released on previous albums. I would like new music from Madonna as soon as possible, but truly new music, not remastered or old discarded tracks.

Exactly. Artists are at different stages of their career but most are passed their best. Michael Jackson obviously will never record so that's all they can do, some of the other bads aren't recording or are trading on past glories, PSBs have always been very good with their products and produced high quality pressings including fan exclusives. Let's face it, Madonna's never even had a proper, professional fan club. This stuff just doesn't interest her. They could barely be bothered to release physical copies for MDNA.

The best part of MDNA was the wait for the album leak and the camaraderie the entire forum had for each other because the goddess had return to renew our interest with more music and the possibilities of a new era. Of course the album's appeal inevitably wore off and the idiosyncratic Madonna albums remained in their number one and two positions in my heart (Erotica, American Life).

William Orbit made a greater impression on MDNA than Music were he was out-dick-ed by Mirwais. I love you Mirwais--please save Madonna. She has lost her sense of musical bravery.

It's because of Mirwaïs that she lost it, the reception American Life got terrified her.

Guest Rachelle of London

It's because of Mirwaïs that she lost it, the reception American Life got terrified her.

But Mirwais was on COADF aswell...

I want Madonna taking musical risks.

I'm completely with you there, but going back to Mirwais is not the way to do it. She needs to get her ear to the ground and bounce things around, let something develop naturally.

Guest Not4Pussies

Mdna was not a musical risk. It was very commercial. Maybe just gang bang really stands out asthe only track where she experimented and went with it. I agree that I want her to take more risks in her music .

I'm completely with you there, but going back to Mirwais is not the way to do it. She needs to get her ear to the ground and bounce things around, let something develop naturally.

Being creative shouldn't take a pushy collaborator to get her there. She needs to be interested in making the most interesting records she can with whomever she decides to collaborate with. And push them outside of their comfort zone as she would want to be pushed outside of hers.

Mdna was not a musical risk. It was very commercial. Maybe just gang bang really stands out asthe only track where she experimented and went with it. I agree that I want her to take more risks in her music .

I don't think there's anything experimental about the last album. Even the standout tracks like Love Spent and Gang Bang.

I wish 'She's Not Me' wasn't on Hard Candy and she released it as a new song this summer for a soundtrack or something. Given people's love for 'Get Lucky', I think it would have been a hit. Oh well, still an awesome track to play while drinking mojitos by the pool on a hot summer day...

I'd love a new M song, but just having an M summer hit this year would be amazing, I know MDNA is done with, but even if she released Beautiful Killer this summer I think it could be a hit and I doubt the general public would think she is just dragging the MDNA era out too long, as a lot of people don't even know the album and BK and wasn't part of the epix broadcast

I wish 'She's Not Me' wasn't on Hard Candy and she released it as a new song this summer for a soundtrack or something. Given people's love for 'Get Lucky', I think it would have been a hit. Oh well, still an awesome track to play while drinking mojitos by the pool on a hot summer day...

I agree.Even now,this song could still be a major hit.The potential was there.

Guest Not4Pussies

What if she were to release an MDNA track now? Look at Robin, she released U Should Know Better and that song is old and Lana with Summertime Sadness.

I would love new Madonna music too, but she needs to find her focus before anything. No more rushed stuff!!!

So far this year, she has been fun though! She seems to be in a good mood, maybe she's ready to record good stuff.

I want a new madonna performance......not album . I want her to take her time making a really good album. I wasnt very thrilled with MDNA.

I would like to see her do a greatest hits tour maybe. that'd be cool

or maybe do a little mini concert on the today show. That would be great

Im definatly in the mood to see new performances.

As much as I would love some new Madonna music,I'm kinda glad that she is taking this year off.She's enjoying life,having fun and relaxing.Most likely,she will record a new album next year.I can wait.

I want a new madonna performance......not album . I want her to take her time making a really good album. I wasnt very thrilled with MDNA.

I would like to see her do a greatest hits tour maybe. that'd be cool

or maybe do a little mini concert on the today show. That would be great

Im definatly in the mood to see new performances.

Ugh.