MDNA Tour Screening! NYC

Guest Rachelle of London

Sorry...I'm still raving but this could literally be taken from the 1990's Vogue era. They could literally intersperse the Vogue video with clips of her as she appeared here and it wouldn't look out of place. It's shocking how fresh and natural she looks. She must have Lisle from Death Becomes Her on speed dial!

lol. Isabella was in the sex book..........so maybe she hooked Madonna up with the potion after all....

I can't believe how cheap E news is, or maybe all the staff is interns.

They can't find or afford a real picture of Marlene Dietrich!?? So they show

a fucking doll :lmao:

The divorce, her kids growing up, the ageism she's had to face, even the gaga bullshit... it's like something awoke within her in the last several years. And yet, I think it's even something bigger, more profound going on within her. The last several years have been pure quintessential and unapologetic "Madonna" in a way we haven't seen since...

look at the way she's posing around 20 secs. she really takes in the outfit/marlene persona

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zfvQrwtD1z8[/media]

Without a doubt this has become one of my favorite Madonna looks for an event EVER. Can not get over how flawless it all is.

https://www.facebook.com/LipsAndEars/posts/395963050508582

Liz Smith

4 hours ago · ..

“IN MY book, if you don’t leave a pound of flesh on the stage floor, you haven’t done your job properly!”

That was Madonna at the chaotic premiere of the film version of her record-breaking “MDNA” tour last year. Madonna took questions from the audience—made up of die-hard, totally hysterical fans—after the film. She was charming. It has not always been so. M can be icily monosyllabic or just plain bored with whoever is interviewing her, and doesn’t bother to hide it. But at the “MDNA” event, she was the Madonna I know, personally—smart, funny, appealing. She was even dressed in my idea of glamour: a black tuxedo, a white silk shirt, a black top hat, just like Marlene Dietrich in “Morocco” In fact, M said her choice of outfit was inspired by the Paris Theater, where the premiere was held. “In 1948, Dietrich cut the ribbon when this theater opened. So I pulled out my Marlene drag for this night.”

Now, not that the night, sponsored by The Cinema Society, Dolce & Gabbana and Epix-- was without hitches. There was madness in front of the Paris. It was raining and unbearably muggy. People were desperate to get inside. Some of those waiting on the VIP line were annoyed when M’s fans were allowed in first. “Why are they getting in?” asked one woman whose coif was collapsing. “Maybe because they are the ones who made her a star,” came the reply.

But even after the VIPs were seated, there was a loooong wait for Madonna. Like, an hour. The theater was almost as muggy as it was outside. Finally, Madonna and her entourage arrived. This included all her dancers from the tour, and her son Rocco, who also appeared onstage with his legendary mom. However, as Madonna remarked later, with a laugh: “He doesn’t look like he did then. He’s grown three inches, he’s almost six feet tall and frankly, he kind of frightens me.”

As for the film, if you thought the concert itself was intense, seeing and hearing it up close, pitches it to a new level. Madonna does some amazing—and genuinely brave-- stuff here. A lot of it is not for the faint of heart. But, if you’re going to accept the moniker of “The Queen,” you’ve got to own it, and Madonna owns every bit of it! And even at a film premiere she knows how to put on a show. As the credits rolled, the lights went up and a full marching band, with drums and cymbals appeared in both aisles. It was impressive, funny, ear-shattering. (It was also a way to keep everybody from leaving until M took the stage.)

The party after was at Harlow, and the late hour had no effect on Madonna’s energy—she danced until 2:30 in the morning! Among the throng watching were John Travolta, Andy Cohen, ageless Debi Mazar, Adam Lambert, CNN’s Alina Cho, ballet’s handsome Roberto Bolle, Lee Daniels, Rachel Roy, the Cinema Society’s Andrew Saffir (holding up surprisingly well amid the chaos) and Kelly Osbourne.

Best exchange of the night came when “Boy Culture” writer and Madonna historian Matthew Rettenmund approached Kelly O. for a photo. (She was chatting with Cosmo’s Sergio Kletnoy.) Rettenmund said, “I’m on your side in the stuff between you and Lady Gaga.” Kelly replied rather tartly, “There are no sides. I just think it’s disgusting to use gay people for making money!” This left Rettenmund momentarily speechless, but a friend standing behind him chirped up, “Well, it’s better than using them for firewood, honey.”

Miss Osbourne seemed not to be amused.

Funny with all the gay scandals John Travolta has faced lately you would think a Madonna event would be the last place he would want to show up at.

They are so pathetic. They actually know nothing about past legends. They once had a crappy show on counting down the most famous child stars of all time. They got to number 1 and picked Macauley Culkin ! Shirley Temple did not even make the top 20 !

Guest Rachelle of London

They are so pathetic. They actually know nothing about past legends. They once had a crappy show on counting down the most famous child stars of all time. They got to number 1 and picked Macauley Culkin ! Shirley Temple did not even make the top 20 !

I remember the time when Giuliana Rancid tried to claim that Jean Harlow was born after than Marilyn Monroe! When in fact Marilyn was 11 when Jean died! Thats when I gave up

I remember the time when Giuliana Rancid tried to claim that Jean Harlow was born after than Marilyn Monroe! When in face Marilyn was 11 when Jean died! Thats when I gave up

:lmao:

E! is really the worst

I remember the time when Giuliana Rancid tried to claim that Jean Harlow was born after than Marilyn Monroe! When in fact Marilyn was 11 when Jean died! Thats when I gave up

Are you fucking serious...???? Really?

All those entertainment "news" shows are bullshit. And seriously how many do we need? There's got to be near a dozen or more on tv now, all repeating the SAME THING every show.

It's nothing but pure crap paid off by publicists to shill whatever line they want the public to buy into. It's not "news". It's basically PR. Seriously, the firms feed them the info.

And them bitches are just stupid. They don't know a damn thing. Just pretty faces that want to be famous in "broadcasting".

And that Jason Kennedy guy..... I get total closet queen vibes from him. And that super happy 'tv anchor voice' thing he does .... ugghhhhhhhh.

Guest Rachelle of London

All those entertainment "news" shows are bullshit. And seriously how many do we need? There's got to be near a dozen or more on tv now, all repeating the SAME THING every show.

It's nothing but pure crap paid off by publicists to shill whatever line they want the public to buy into. It's not "news". It's basically PR. Seriously, the firms feed them the info.

And them bitches are just stupid. They don't know a damn thing. Just pretty faces that want to be famous in "broadcasting".

And that Jason Kennedy guy..... I get total closet queen vibes from him. And that super happy 'tv anchor voice' thing he does .... ugghhhhhhhh.

yup! I lovedmon Fashion police when they were judging Gaga when she dressed up as a man and Guiliana was claiming that no other female celeb has dressed up as a man before for an event, and Queen Kelly Osbourne reeled off a whole list of people that have done that before. That Giuliana really is the worst, I dont know how she got her job tbh...also she threw some serious shade when she called Madonna a "kind of legend"

:rotfl:

Giuliana or how you spell it must've sucked sooo much cock to get her job on E. We know Chelsea Handler did it, at least Chelsea doesn't lick arse.

I KNOW! I screamed when I saw that shit.

variety

Madonna Loves Fans, Hates Their Questions

madonna_mdma.jpg?w=490&h=276&crop=1

June 19, 2013 | 08:13AM PT

Sean Fitz-Gerald

@srkfitzgerald

If you really want to learn how to throw a party and make an entrance, take a page out of Madonna’s book: Invite celebs like Rachel Roy, Martha Stewart, Kelly Osbourne, Salman Rushdie, David Blaine, Questlove and Christian Siriano. Put them all in the same place as your rabid fanbase — and then make people wait for more than 60 minutes in mysterious mayhem.

Such was the case June 18 at the EPIX world premiere of concert film “Madonna: The MDNA Tour” in Gotham. After waiting in the rain, fans and press filed into the Paris Theater to get a seat close to the front of the auditorium, where the legendary queen would later be seated for “an intimate conversation.”

Many of Madge’s fans were confined to a balcony, where catcalls and camera flashes went aflutter when the likes of Stewart and Co. walked in. The screening was slated to begin at 8 p.m., but there was, for quite a while, no sight nor word of Madonna.

As the clock ticked on, the theater neared max capacity, and many attendees were becoming delirious: some killing time with conversations about elbow fat, plastic surgery and steak, and others wondering if their time was really less important than her majesty’s: “No, she’s Madonna. She can do whatever she wants.”

Some fans started singing Madonna songs to conjure up some good please-arrive-any-minute-now juju. And even some debated happiness over health: Should I go to the bathroom? What if she comes in when I’m gone?

Nobody seemed to know where she was, or what was taking so long — but the room exploded when one fan came running down the aisle shrieking: “I saw her! I saw her!” The clock had struck nine, Madonna’s “Celebration” turned on and the venue erupted.

There was a standing ovation, followed by more blinding flashes — and the fans in the balcony leaned over (almost to the point of no return) to catch glimpses of their goddess. She waltzed in with an overdose of swagger, clad in what can only be described as a flawless mash-up of Fred Astaire and Michael Jackson (i.e., suit, top hat, chainmail glove). She called it an homage to Marlene Dietrich.

The screening commenced when the screaming ceased, and “MDNA” played out like a two-hour live concert.

Afterward, Madonna took her throne and announced that her tour, which spanned from May 2012 to December 2012, was now officially over.

“Go hard,” she said. “Or go home.”

After thanking the crowd for showing up, Madonna took questions — some good, some not so good.

One fan asked what kind of workout the queen did to stay in shape for the 88-show tour.

“I hate those questions,” Madonna said. “I did the show every fucking night. How’s that for a workout? I mean, did you watch?”

The fan said, “Thank you.”

Others asked about her costumes and her mood.

“Are you ready to start thinking for yourself?” she rallied, before her time was up. “Are you ready to stop caring about what other people have to say about what you do? Can I get a fuck yeah?”

The audience boomed back with a massive fuck yeah, and Madonna revealed her next project: a secretive collaboration of sorts with New York photog-artist Steven Klein, in the form of a one-minute trailer.

But the fanfare and the fanaticism wasn’t over. Just as the rain was ending, revelers made their way to Harlow to party and start the “love revolution.”

Giuliana or how you spell it must've sucked sooo much cock to get her job on E. We know Chelsea Handler did it, at least Chelsea doesn't lick arse.

And Jason too... you know he did...

:rotfl:

I can't help it. I'm bitchy as hell today. :smug:

I can't help it. I'm bitchy as hell today. :smug:

LOL I thought it was so funny

Even funnier since it's actually the objective description of a lot of trash u see everywhere on tv these days

Entertainment reporters not knowing who Marlene Dietrich and Jean Harlow is just shocks me. I know they are way before our time, but for goodness sake, they are legends. Entertainment reporters should have great knowledge of these things as that is their field. It is a sorry state when they can't even find a photo of Marlene Dietrich and use a doll ! I once also saw a reporter on E who clearly did not have a clue who Natalie Wood was even though she was doing a news story on re-opening her inquest. Pathetic journalism and reporting.

I just have a feeling her next record is going to be amazingly fun and joyous... can't wait!

She'll make pepole tuuhhhnn ap tha rayyydayyyyoooooooohhhhwwwww :tigger: