Princess Lola talks about woking on the tour

cosmic_system

Lola’s Latest: The Joys of Folding Underwear

Aloha to all, I trust your summers were spent well and you got nothing very productive done because that’s usually how I spend mine. If you’re someone who leaves summer reading to the last week of summer you know what I’m talking about. Actually this summer I was SURPRISINGLY productive. So, I thought I would tell you all about the joys of folding underwear. As you probably know this woman I like to call my mother went on tour for her MDNA album. As a summer job I decided to work in the wardrobe department. All of my friends were getting summer jobs and I wanted one too. Mine was a little unconventional but still a great experience and a lot of fun. Being in the wardrobe department meant me and a few other girls dressed the dancers during the show when they had quick changes. Thirty seconds to totally dress a sweaty dancer can be insane and provoke mucho anxiety. Doing this night after night was pretty cray, but I loved every minute of it!

Screen-shot-2012-10-17-at-11.57.20-AM.png

Screen-shot-2012-10-17-at-11.53.51-AM.png

Besides being able to travel the world and visiting all these amazing countries (my favorites were Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Turkey) it’s really a great experience to be able to work on a large production, traveling around like a family, setting up for an amazing show and all having the same purpose. I developed really good relationships with a number of people, not just in wardrobe but in other departments too. Dancers, singers, sound crew, catering, etc. To be able to be a part of such an inspiring production was one of my best summers so far.

Screen-shot-2012-10-17-at-11.52.10-AM.png

Screen-shot-2012-10-17-at-11.58.11-AM.png

Screen-shot-2012-10-17-at-12.12.06-PM.png

Besides summer coming and leaving faster than you can say ohmygoditsaflyingpigwithgreenfeetandnobutthole, the school year has officially started for those you who are still students. When I get ready for school in the moring I move at a slothlike pace and music gets me slightly more motivated.

Screen-shot-2012-10-17-at-11.58.33-AM.png

Here are a few fave songs that I would recommend:

-Lana Del Rey; National Anthem

-Yeah Yeah Yeah; Heads will roll ( A-Track Remix)

-Slightly Stoopid; Closer to the sun

-Skrillex; Kyoto

-Peaches; Mommy Complex

-Neon Indian; Hex Girlfriend

-Grimes; Oblivion

-Fiona Apple; Criminal

-Friends; Friend Crush.

Okee so those are a few of my idontwanttogotoschoolbutiwillforcemyselfto

sounds. As for back to school clothes – my go-to article of clothing has been American Apparel’s circle scarf. It’s so versatile – there are tons of ways you can wear it.

Hope all of you guys had and are having a great start to your school year always remember to choose hugs not drugs because THAT’S always been MY moto.

Stay in school bitches and make sure you are getting proper nutrients all day urrday.

PEACE!

Lola.xo

http://blog.materialgirlcollection.com/?p=5715

I think she is fantastic and a bright, peppy girl just like her mom - and for that I'm going to choose to ignore the following sentence and assume she made a "sweet 16" mistake :)

"Besides being able to travel the world and visiting all these amazing countries (my favorites were Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Turkey)

Get her a proofreader, please!

What happened to that teenager english she used in her past posts? I remember everyone freaking out how Madonna's own Frida Kahlo could write in such a childish manner! :lmao: Now suddenly her writing looks like all articulated! :lol:

What happened to that teenager english she used in her past posts? I remember everyone freaking out how Madonna's own Frida Kahlo could write in such a childish manner! :lmao: Now suddenly her writing looks like all articulated! :lol:

:lol: She's an 11th grader now, that's a "huge" difference from when she started as a soon-to-be or just-barely 9th grader. I like that she seems a little more grown up now, but still has a sense of humor about things. I like her playlist too.

I think she is fantastic and a bright, peppy girl just like her mom - and for that I'm going to choose to ignore the following sentence and assume she made a "sweet 16" mistake :)

"Besides being able to travel the world and visiting all these amazing countries (my favorites were Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Turkey)

Get her a proofreader, please!

There are more errors than just that. :chuckle: I agree though, they do need a proofreader (I need one too). :lol:

if only she gave her mother this setlist!

If you don't like Madonnas music why be a fan? :doh: It's hardly like Grimes and Peaches are super underground anyway. :rolleyes:

Lol she's grown up fast. Remember when she was interviewed as a little girl at one of the Harry Potter premieres and she answered in a proper cut glass English accent? And now it's all "mucho anxiety" and "pretty cray".

Guest bluejean

this woman I like to call my mother

:lmao: Love it

-Lana Del Rey; National Anthem

-Yeah Yeah Yeah; Heads will roll ( A-Track Remix)

-Slightly Stoopid; Closer to the sun

-Skrillex; Kyoto

-Peaches; Mommy Complex

-Neon Indian; Hex Girlfriend

-Grimes; Oblivion

-Fiona Apple; Criminal

-Friends; Friend Crush.

So all those blaming Lola for the direction of songs like GMAYL were a tad wrong, Lola has pretty trendy taste in music it seems.