Vienna - July 29

hyper

Hyper, what did she say to the audience during sound check?

I missed the very beginning of the soundcheck (due to ushers being UNABLE to direct us to the right entrance), but while I was there it was mostly just friendly banter ... It was raining during soundcheck so she said to a drag queen in the very front that she should be careful not to let the rain ruin her make up and went on to compare her to Carmen Miranda - the drag queen had no clue what she was talking about :lol: so she repeatedly said "do you speak English?", "Habla espanol?" and then talked a bit in Spanish with her. She rehearsed TUTR and made us all sing along every word, jump and clap and made us promise that even f it would rain we'd keep the energy up, cause she has to as well, after all ... :lol: Then she made a small sort of contest and said she'd give her guitar pick (black with a swarovski M on it) to whoever sings the loudest/dances the most - and she did ...

The most interesting part for you might be that she said something like "What song should I do next?" and people started shouting LOVE SPENT. And she went "Love Spent? I didn't rehearse that, but it may become part of the show later on" with a smirk on her face :drama:.

The most interesting part for you might be that she said something like "What song should I do next?" and people started shouting LOVE SPENT. And she went "Love Spent? I didn't rehearse that, but it may become part of the show later on" with a smirk on her face :drama:.

:wow:

I missed the very beginning of the soundcheck (due to ushers being UNABLE to direct us to the right entrance), but while I was there it was mostly just friendly banter ... It was raining during soundcheck so she said to a drag queen in the very front that she should be careful not to let the rain ruin her make up and went on to compare her to Carmen Miranda - the drag queen had no clue what she was talking about :lol: so she repeatedly said "do you speak English?", "Habla espanol?" and then talked a bit in Spanish with her. She rehearsed TUTR and made us all sing along every word, jump and clap and made us promise that even f it would rain we'd keep the energy up, cause she has to as well, after all ... :lol: Then she made a small sort of contest and said she'd give her guitar pick (black with a swarovski M on it) to whoever sings the loudest/dances the most - and she did ...

:dramatic:

Thanks

Guest kidintown

the golden vagina haha

i'm maybe going to be in switzerland in august when she's performing there..i think i'm going to see the show again!

the dancers were really nice and sweet. i talked to the dancers for about 10 minutes (always to different ones) and to guy for about 5 minutes. they dancers were really excited to be around in so many countries and see so many different cultures and their workout! guy was interesting because i asked him if they learned out of that 'fiasco' with give me all your luving and girl gone wild 'flopping' and i asked if they will make it different next time with a big smash and he just smiled and said: 'we are still learning' :)

Without the infrastructure and the knowledge of a big label that profits only from the success of her music and not from concerts nothing is gonna change. Maybe she should have signed with Warner again or some other major label in 2007. She would still make tons of money from touring and the label would still push her music successfully as Warner did ( a few wrong moves but overall they were 100% behind her lead singles, making sure they'd smash in a every single country). Her music would be the only way for the label to make money so they'd make sure it smashes! Now there's no point to spend so much money to promote her music since it does not bring back so much and they make way more money from touring. And I guess Interscope is only responsible for distributing or whatever so basically they couldn't care less. I'm still confused though because Cynthia Mcfaden mentioned something like "a 40million dollar record deal" in the "Reductive" interview so I still don't understand what the relationship between Madonna and Interscope is.

BUT: she walked by and i was wearing some leather jeans and she was walking by and said to me: 'nice pants' - i was going insane!!!

Wow, you're so lucky!!! What did you say to her then?

I actually think Guy was being sincere when he said, "We're still learning". Think about it - this was the first release under her Live Nation recording deal, and it was the first time that they were operating without the support of a record company telling them what to do in terms of marketing, promotion, etc. etc. Instead of having someone at Warner telling them what they wanted/recommended, Guy and Madonna were free to do as they pleased (let's not forget that if Madonna herself has declared in the past that she "sucks" at choosing lead singles, since what she wants to release tends not to be what everyone else wants to release). It was painfully obvious here in Australia that Madonna didn't have a record company promoting MDNA or its singles. Interscope might have paid one million dollars for the distribution rights, but they certainly weren't spending much (if anything) on promo. By now, I'm sure Guy has realised that there's something to be said for traditional promo methods.

kidintown, wow! :clap: you should post a pic of those pants now with the Queendonna approval seal! :drama:

happy for you, hyper!!!

I'm glad she was in a good mood and that she got such love from her fans after the Olympia incident.

just saw a reportage on squaremadonna with pro-footage and the vienna crowd they interviewed were all quite negative; should have done more hits, she kept us waiting an hour, too loud, much empty seats, etc....

what's up with this, what's up with vienna and madonna....they don't seem to match that well.

i think it's one of her best hits and i had a lovely time on my mdna euopean mini tour..

What a total load of fucking bollocks! Still learning?

PUHLEASE, Madonna used to be the queen of self promotion and Guy O has been on the ride with her since 1993, I'm sure the two of them know how to promote a record. It's plain to anyone that they placed all their bets on Superbowl generating enough interest and excitement in her to kill three birds with one stone, the lead single, the album and the tour, and it worked....for two weeks!

We as fans have to understand with the benefit of hindsight that she at that time was facing the prospect of the next 12 months rehearsing and then touring a major stage show and I assume she wanted to spend as much time with her family as possible and to to the detriment of her record, she even admitted it.

What does suck is what someone said above, they did not have the backing of a traditional promotional blitz that a record company can comandeer and that is really sad. This album had so much potential, just like Hard Candy and they dropped the ball with it. I just don't understand why a major label like Interscope who has the biggest pop star on the planet on their books can just fuck everything up the way they did. That is what I want answers about!

I just don't understand why a major label like Interscope who has the biggest pop star on the planet on their books can just fuck everything up the way they did. That is what I want answers about!

Maybe because they were only responsible for its distribution. We never heard of a record/label deal with Interscope so there you have it. They were paid for what they were hired for.

Guest pedrohdi

PUHLEASE, Madonna used to be the queen of self promotion and Guy O has been on the ride with her since 1993, I'm sure the two of them know how to promote a record. It's plain to anyone that they placed all their bets on Superbowl generating enough interest and excitement in her to kill three birds with one stone, the lead single, the album and the tour, and it worked....for two weeks!

We as fans have to understand with the benefit of hindsight that she at that time was facing the prospect of the next 12 months rehearsing and then touring a major stage show and I assume she wanted to spend as much time with her family as possible and to to the detriment of her record, she even admitted it.

What does suck is what someone said above, they did not have the backing of a traditional promotional blitz that a record company can comandeer and that is really sad. This album had so much potential, just like Hard Candy and they dropped the ball with it. I just don't understand why a major label like Interscope who has the biggest pop star on the planet on their books can just fuck everything up the way they did. That is what I want answers about!

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Madonna, Madonna... Carmen Mirando is a Portuguese raised in Brasil! She speaks portuguese!!!! Oh Dear! LOL

.. It was raining during soundcheck so she said to a drag queen in the very front that she should be careful not to let the rain ruin her make up and went on to compare her to Carmen Miranda - the drag queen had no clue what she was talking about :lol: so she repeatedly said "do you speak English?", "Habla espanol?" and then talked a bit in Spanish with her. .

just saw a reportage on squaremadonna with pro-footage and the vienna crowd they interviewed were all quite negative; should have done more hits, she kept us waiting an hour, too loud, much empty seats, etc....

what's up with this, what's up with vienna and madonna....they don't seem to match that well.

i think it's one of her best hits and i had a lovely time on my mdna euopean mini tour..

Viena just needs to get over it.

Some people just don't understand how lucky they are.

Us Aussie's would have paid ANYTHING to see her!

Umm ... pretty much everything was positive! all the reviews in the respected newspapers are positive and it's only the free tabloids that try to put everything in a negative light

If you pay some attention to the "report" (I don't even know for which TV station this is supposed to be), they were clearly out to find "disappointed fans", you can still hear "I'm addicted" playing in the background. The camera team was outside the stadium towards the end of the show and interviewed people who left early ... :crazy:

Anyway, the overall vibe is VERY POSITIVE and I'm really happy about that!

THIS ^^^

Guest kidintown

Wow, you're so lucky!!! What did you say to her then?

i was sooo shocked i was just whistling 'oh thank you'

I usually ridicule people for doing this but ... yeah .. :lol::shy:

093.jpg

ohhhhhh a sexy Madonna fan! woot........if that is rehearsal, it must be hours before show starts, i always wondered where the hell do u guys go to the bathroom, if u leave dont u lose ur spot?!?!?!

Guest kidintown

actually, i just talked to a friend who was there working for her and she said that the reason why she was over 1 hour late was: she didn't wanted to perform in front of 'not so many' people so her tame went outside of the stadium and gave people tickets for free.

actually, i just talked to a friend who was there working for her and she said that the reason why she was over 1 hour late was: she didn't wanted to perform in front of 'not so many' people so her tame went outside of the stadium and gave people tickets for free.

oh shut the fuck up.

oh shut the fuck up.

:clap:

It's amazing how a number of people on here (the same ones) insist that the shows are not sold out even when plenty of photographic and video evidence of the contrary is available. Just shut up already.