Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

it's funny, I've always felt so connected to Madonna but I've never put myself out there in the fan community, I've been on this forum for over 3 years and only got 444 posts...

but for some reason i feel like she is looking at me in this picture

article014257f4d000005d.jpg

mnation - I've just discovered that we're practically neighbours....!!! Small world.....

oh wow how cool, tis a small world indeed

i grew up in sydney, have lived in melbourne and perth, just moved up to gold coast, i swear it has the best talent/eye candy and the hinterland is the most beautiful place in oz

Born in Melbourne, moved here when I was in Grade 2 :) I agree that it's a great place to live!!!

Matt is just up the road in Brisbane :)

Born in Melbourne, moved here when I was in Grade 2 :) I agree that it's a great place to live!!!

Matt is just up the road in Brisbane :)

so cool..

I think I'm over my nuclear meltdown.. still desperately disappointed cos I was so excited about her coming here but whatever, I can never stay angry for very long. I've been checking the Madonna news everyday for so many years now, I feel so connected to her, like I can tell what she's feeling just by looking at her.. and right now I feel like I've been naughty.. I got guilt.. so I'm gonna keep it zipped.

Guest bluejean

Lets not get into a fantasy about a second leg. The odds are that will lead to further disappointment. The reason why live nation isn't saying much and Guy/Madonna aren't saying anything IMO is because they don't have a good excuse aside from money. And you can't really put that in a press release.

While I get some are angry and frustrated, I agree some of the fan meltdowns are a bit out of control. She has *cancelled* real, announced tour dates where tickets had been sold and everything and I've never seen such reactions in this board.

The whole "let's burn every Madona item" / "her music sucks" / "she's a has been" thing going on with a few members seems kinda extreme to me. I've never been able to see lots of artists I love, I've had tickets for concerts that have been cancelled and while it's been definitely dissapointing, it doesn't really take anything away from what I think of their music or their artistry.

And believe me, I understand. There were plans to include Colombia and Venezuela during The Girlie Show and, even if they were mentioned in the press they never materialized, due to fear of terrorism. And as an 11 years old boy seeing her somewhere else was out of the question. Venezuela was also left out during Sticky and Sweet even if the date was confirmed by the local promoters because in the end Live Nation didn't agree with the venue that was going to be used and they ended up adding an extra date in Argentina on that slot in her schedule. Knowing her touring history I decided to see her in the US first just in case.

It's kinda rude and selfish how some have even suggested she shoud've done Australia before Latin America so if she was going to cancel some dates it would've been those.

Bravo! Well said

mnation - great to hear!!! I think most people who felt the same way as you will eventually feel better with a bit of time, even though it still hurts like hell and it's not fair that we've missed out yet again. I'm glad you're OK, though!

I wish someone had managed to speak to Guy in Birmingham about Australia - it doesn't seem like anyway did. Maybe someone will tonight in Edinburgh?

Guest Xanthium

Can the people having illegitimate meltdowns over our legitimate meltdowns (even if sometimes exaggerated) get the FUCK out, please. Thanks.

I know right. It's mind-bogglnig that those who are able to see her on this tour have the audacity to come in this thread and dictate how the Aussie fans should and should not react. Everyone has the right to say whatever they want, of course, but that won't stop people from thinking you're a complete douchbag.

Guest bluejean

I know right. It's mind-bogglnig that those who are able to see her on this tour have the audacity to come in this thread and dictate how the Aussie fans should and should not react. Everyone has the right to say whatever they want, of course, but that won't stop people from thinking you're a complete douchbag.

Exactly. And bringing Africa into it ffs. Those poor Malawi fans missing out on Madonna on every single tour, Australians should stop whining :lmao:

I understand Australian fans being upset. I would be livid. I just think threatening to burn Madonnas work is crazy. After all you PAID for it and you'd probably just buy it again anyway. :dead: Empty threats ain't my bag.

I understand Australian fans being upset. I would be livid. I just think threatening to burn Madonnas work is crazy. After all you PAID for it and you'd probably just buy it again anyway.

agree!

don't burn any stuff!

Guest bluejean

I understand Australian fans being upset. I would be livid. I just think threatening to burn Madonnas work is crazy. After all you PAID for it and you'd probably just buy it again anyway. :dead: Empty threats ain't my bag.

Yes those people are full on drama queens. If you want to see Madonna THAT badly you will save up and go o/s to see her. $2000 or so is not that much money really for gays with disposable income. If you've got kids or a mortgage you are paying off well that is different but people go on o/s holidays all the time so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone?

Guest bluejean

Yes those people are full on drama queens. If you want to see Madonna THAT badly you will save up and go o/s to see her. $2000 or so is not that much money really for gays with disposable income. If you've got kids or a mortgage you are paying off well that is different but people go on o/s holidays all the time so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone?

Guest bluejean

Guest bluejean

so why not shove 2 cocks in 1 hole?

OK! OK!

We get it, size queen! >:(

So surprised nobody mentions the unfair treatment of Antarctica...Madonna never performed there! :ohmy:

Yeah, well guess which country claims most of Antarctica? Australia. Are you seeing a pattern here? :biggrin:

Edited by ipex