South America Tour Dates

Guest groovyguy

Guest groovyguy

http://madonna.com/tour/

WEEK #11 ICON LIVE PASS REGISTRATION IS OPEN

FOR SOUTH AMERICA SHOWS

Week #11 codes begin with prefix "MCK"; all previous codes. are expired. Before purchasing an Icon Live Pass, READ OUR FAQ, then check the schedule to verify that your city pre-sale is in progress.

START DATES & TIMES VARY BY MARKET

SEE SCHEDULE FOR END DATES & TIMES

I am not sure about per capita incomes, but I believe Colombia actually has a bigger economy than Chile by about 50%.

Chilean economy is not as big as others because it's a small country, but the economy is very solid. Most of the acts come to Santiago during the last two decades (U2 three times, all of them sold out!). S&S had two concerts in stadiums here, both sold out and many people couldn't get tickets.

Ive just purchased the premium tickets for the Sao Paulo show. i have no idea what that expensive vip package is about, it says you have the right to enter in the stadium earlier to choose the best place :manson: Thats really fucked. I wonder if this people with the vip package will end up in the pit section.

There is a pit in this tour right?

Chilean economy is not as big as others because it's a small country, but the economy is very solid. Most of the acts come to Santiago during the last two decades (U2 three times, all of them sold out!). S&S had two concerts in stadiums here, both sold out and many people couldn't get tickets.

I remember seeing videos on YT with the stadium and the crowds at the S&S Chile concerts - I was all :shock: And when CS started the whole place went INSANE. You could barely hear Demonna!! The people were so enthusiastic.

All her audiences should be like that :(

:shock: With those prices and venue capacities she's going to have a dozen South American dates alone taking in tens of millions. Then Australasia in 2013 (plus the whole S&S run of dates played through Europe and North America only) :dramatic:MASSIVE :clap:

My coworker today received a call from her boyfriend and then she started screaming OMG MADONNA IS COMING. We all got super excited and now our entire area of 15 people is going :lol: EVERYONE talked very highly of her and people I would've never imagined said things like, she's not really my type of music but she's an icon and I have to go. Ugh, I felt so proud and I'm so stoked! :lol:

Even though Foro Sol is awful, I'm still excited and It's on :vogue:

My coworker today received a call from her boyfriend and then she started screaming OMG MADONNA IS COMING. We all got super excited and now our entire area of 15 people is going :lol: EVERYONE talked very highly of her and people I would've never imagined said things like, she's not really my type of music but she's an icon and I have to go. Ugh, I felt so proud and I'm so stoked! :lol:

Even though Foro Sol is awful, I'm still excited and It's on :vogue:

:inlove:

Has Madonna only ever played Mexico City? I don't remember if she's ever played Guadalajara or other places in Mexico.

Edited by Louise Oriole

:inlove:

Has Madonna only ever played Mexico City? I don't remember if she's every played Guadalajara or other places in Mexico.

After a little research, she's only done Mexico City! I'm sure people in Guadalajara would have a heart attack if she ever played there :lol:

I remember seeing videos on YT with the stadium and the crowds at the S&S Chile concerts - I was all :shock: And when CS started the whole place went INSANE. You could barely hear Demonna!! The people were so enthusiastic.

All her audiences should be like that :(

she was so sweet when all the crowd screamed "ídola, ídola" (idol!!). From that moment she repeated everytime "ídola". :inlove:

OMG i have tears in my eyes right now. Watching all those videos from the crowd in Chile, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico. I can't believe i will se Madonna for the very first time. I'm walking on clouds.

OMG i have tears in my eyes right now. Watching all those videos from the crowd in Chile, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico. I can't believe i will se Madonna for the very first time. I'm walking on clouds.

Oh, that's so cute :inlove: I hope it's a magical experience!

I'm happy for you :thumbsup:

Guest groovyguy

Like a virgin. Touched for the very first time. ;)

Guest groovyguy

Chile Madonna 2012 World Tour Poster

Here is a look at the tour poster for Madonna's tour stop at the Estadio Nacional in Chile on Wednesday 19 December.

tour_poster_chile.jpg

Chile Madonna 2012 World Tour Poster

Here is a look at the tour poster for Madonna's tour stop at the Estadio Nacional in Chile on Wednesday 19 December.

tour_poster_chile.jpg

According to one poll by Concierto's radio- one of the most popular which plays 80's music - her show is one of the less expected of this year. :confused:

Apparently, this is the reason why the shows in Argentina haven't been announced yet:

http://www.cronista.com/contenidos/2012/04/18/noticia_0001.html

La llegada de Madonna provoca una "guerra" entre el Monumental y el Único de La Plata

18-04-12 00:00 Estaba previsto que se presentara en la capital bonaerense pero resignaría al menos $ 3 millones en comparación con la capacidad de River.

La llegada de Madonna a la Argentina es casi un hecho. Todavía falta la confirmación oficial por parte de la productora T4f, pero la reina del pop pisará el país a mediados de diciembre, presumiblemente entre el 13 y el 16 de diciembre. El gran dilema que surge es en qué estadio se presentará.

La fija era el estadio Único de La Plata. Ya estaba acordado el alquiler para esa fecha, pero Madonna "dicho correctamente, la gente que maneja su carrera" no aceptó la idea. En sus visitas anteriores a la Argentina, la última en 2008 con el "Stick& Sweet Tour", Madonna se había subido al escenario de River, y ese pareciera ser el destino final de la cantante.

El por qué del 'no' a la propuesta del estadio platense es concreto. Por la diferencia de capacidad en favor de River, se perdería de recaudar una suma cercana al $ 1,5 millones por función, cuando se realizarán, al menos, dos. Es decir, $ 3 millones por un mínimo de dos presentaciones se dejarían de recaudar por no contar con un estadio más amplio.

Y para los artistas ese no es un punto que pueda pasar desapercibido, ya que se llevan, entre otras cosas, no menos del 90% del total de la recaudación de los shows.

La variante que se maneja ahora, entonces, es hacerlo en el estadio 'Millonario', aunque la cuestión no es tan simple. La productora PopArt-Fenix es la que tiene hoy la explotación del 'Monumental', y las tratativas pasan entonces por encontrar una fórmula que permita la llegada de Madonna a River.

Las variantes que se manejan son dos. O T4f le alquila el estadio a PopArt-Fenix (una variante que no reúne un gran consenso) o conforman una alianza especialmente para este evento.

El lunes pasado aparecieron las primeras muestras sobre la falta de definición de la gira que traerá a Madonna a la Argentina. En la página oficial de la cantante se publicaron las fechas que ya están confirmadas para este año.

Comenzará en Tel Aviv (Israel) el 29 de mayo próximo, y continuará por Abu Dhabi (en los Emiratos Árabes) y Estambul (Turquía). El tramo por América latina arrancará en México DF el 24 de noviembre, y luego pasará por Medellín (Colombia), Río de Janeiro, San Pablo y Porto Alegre (Brasil) y, hasta hoy, finalizará el 19 de diciembre en Santiago de Chile.

De su paso por la Argentina, todavía no hay confirmaciones, simplemente porque no está cerrada la cuestión del estadio.

Incluso, tenía previsto realizar el anuncio de los shows el pasado 9 de abril.

Más allá de la negativa de quienes manejan a Madonna en cuanto al Estadio Único, el escenario platense, donde T4f realiza gran parte de sus shows más convocantes, a esta altura cuenta con una espalda importante. De hecho, la revista Pollstar sostuvo que en 2011 se vendieron allí 299.474 tickets, posicionándose como el quinto más convocante del mundo. Por allí pasaron figuras como Aerosmith, Pearl Jam y Britney Spears. Sin embargo, las diferentes necesidades de la productora y la artistas provocan la demora del acuerdo. Madonna se lleva un cachet, además de casi toda la recaudación y posiblemente algo de la venta del merchandising. Para T4f queda también algo de ese último punto, sponsors y todo los "extras" que se puedan idear, como transporte.

Long story short, Madonna and her people want her to play at the River Plate Stadium(65,000 capacity), and not in the Estadio Unico de La Plata(50,000 capacity).

The local promoters have exclusive rights with the Estadio Unico, another local promoter has the rights for the River Plate stadium.

Aparently, Madonna and Live Nation just realized that if they play in La Plata they would be making $1.5M less per show.

So basically it says they are trying to figure something out so she can do the River Plate Stadium.

please let it be in River Plate!

Not only the River Plate stadium is bigger but also it's much better located (inside the city of Buenos aires). I know many friends and co-workers that told me that they aren't going if it is on the La Plata Stadium. Traveling there with or without a car is a pain in the ass and the sound is terrible.

TV commercial for #Madonna MDNA Tour in Colombia!

80% of the tickets for the show on presales are sold out right now! :o First day: 15 minutes (20%) and today in 1 hour (60%). For general public the official sale begins this thursday.

I'm so happy! First soldout show in Latin America was here in Colombia! :wow:

Wow, maybe she'll add a second show! :)

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7005

Madonna tickets selling fast in Colombia

The Madonna Tour is selling fast in Colombia, where the most of the tickets for the November 28, 2012 concert at the Estadio Atanasio Girardot in Medellin basically sold out during the 14 hour pre-sale.

A very small amount of tickets is left for the public sale - about 2,000 units - and Luz Ángela Castro, CEO from local promoter b>Ocesa Colombia stated there will not be any additional date in the country.

medellin_501.jpg

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7005

Madonna tickets selling fast in Colombia

The Madonna Tour is selling fast in Colombia, where the most of the tickets for the November 28, 2012 concert at the Estadio Atanasio Girardot in Medellin basically sold out during the 14 hour pre-sale.

A very small amount of tickets is left for the public sale - about 2,000 units - and Luz Ángela Castro, CEO from local promoter b>Ocesa Colombia stated there will not be any additional date in the country.

medellin_501.jpg

With a successful show there, it means she will likely go back there for future tours. I'd also like to see her give Venezuela a try.

Before dates were announced for S America, there was a rumor she was going to Peru. I don't remember what other countries were mentioned (aside from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and Colombia). I wonder if they're planning on going there? How does their economy compare to Colombia's?

I don't get why they're not going to add a 2nd date in Colombia if it's selling so well.

Edited by Louise Oriole