Full GMAYL DEMO leak! discussion continued

Apples388

This song is a one hour studio job. Such an embarassment for her. I still cant believe it. It will flop everywhere.

The truth is, you'll be eating your words here. You obviously are basing your opinion off a demo which you do not even know is going to be anything like the final version. I've said this before and I'll say it again, but she has been known to take a song and totally turn it around to something entirely different if not making it a totally new song. For instance... "Keep The Trance" into "Hey You". Whether you like either one of those songs I just mentioned or not, the fact you can't deny, those two are drastically different in sound, production and lyrics. Over the years, we've heard plenty of demos by her which sounded different from the final version.... going all the way back to her demos from her first album. It amazes me the lack of faith some have here regarding her next single/album based on a demo and rumors when she has years and music which has been greatly successful.

As for your comment to say that it's going to "flop", well, there is always a chance of that happening no matter how great or bad we think one of her songs are. But from my perspective, she has many PLUS factors going for her... #1... New Record Company! You can't tell me that they are going to just stand there and let her single and album flop without a fight. You can bet there is a lot of backing behind this new album. There is no doubt in my mind, the people at Universal and in the entertainment industry would like to see Madonna have another blast of success on the same level as her previous hugely popular and successful albums. You can bet there will be a big push with her first single and this album. I'm betting she's going to be EVERYWHERE this coming year. #2... Superbowl! This is a major plus for her. It will maximize her exposure, especially back in a region that she's been lacking popularity for some time.. which is indeed the U.S. And before you say, "The U.S. isn't the whole world!", I will agree... You are right, but you can't deny the fact that a successful career in entertainment is greatly measured by the success one has in the United States. Much of that is due to the fact, the U.S. is known to be the Entertainment capital of the world. And with her performance at the Superbowl, you can bet that exposure will maximize her popularity and make her first single be very successful.. no matter how much you say you dislike it. #3... She's MADONNA! The fact she's gotta a new fragrance, clothing line, a new movie and album all coming out at the same time, it definitely could mirror the popularity and exposure she had in the 80's when she was just everywhere.

Sure, you can say it's going to just blow up in her face, but there is minimal chance of that happening because over all, there seems to be a overwhelming interest in seeing Madonna explode in popularity again. It may not be on the same level as I remember when Madonnamania began in 1985, but you can bet it will at least gain her the same respect and popularity that the RAY OF LIGHT album got.

And Kurt is right... Madonna has never based creating anything on what she thinks her fans will like. The FACT is that she's done quite well beating to her own drum. And no matter how much some of you will claim she's finally lost it or claim you hate what she's doing now, there will be just as many who will love it. That is a fact as well.

Sing it brother neutrocks! :)

And can I just say, I don't see how anyone....even if you hate the GMAYL demo.....can't see the hit POTENTIAL of this song. It's an easily digestible, catchy pop song. From a musical standpoint that's all it takes to have a hit. OF COURSE we have to add in the MADONNA factor, the age factor etc etc. But just looking at the song on it's own, it has the potential to be huge.

Anytime the fans hate something the general public seems to like it....see TAB and 4M. GMAYL even in demo form would be a hit. FACT! :sassy:

And so would Push from COADF....FACT! :sassy:

Important lesson for Madonna: NEVER listen to your fans. FACT! :sassy:

AMEN! FCKD! :sassy:

Sing it brother neutrocks! :)

LOL!

And can I just say, I don't see how anyone....even if you hate the GMAYL demo.....can't see the hit POTENTIAL of this song. It's an easily digestible, catchy pop song. From a musical standpoint that's all it takes to have a hit. OF COURSE we have to add in the MADONNA factor, the age factor etc etc. But just looking at the song on it's own, it has the potential to be huge.

Once again, I agree. It may not measure up to the same sort of classic hits as "Holiday" "Like A Virgin", "Vogue", "Into The Groove" and/or "Music", but it seems to me she's going for a pop hit that will appeal to more than just the fans. It's not the first time she's done this. But the truth is, when you have an artist who has been known to evolve with her music, as Madonna has, it gets harder and harder to please everyone and compete with one's past hits. We all have our favorites, and I will admit that some of her latest music doesn't compare to how much I love her older music. But at the same time, I know there are a lot of fans who like other eras of her music than some of her older stuff. This is what makes Madonna so appealing and universal. Even in her 50's, she still popular and still bringing on new fans.

The truth is, you'll be eating your words here. You obviously are basing your opinion off a demo which you do not even know is going to be anything like the final version. I've said this before and I'll say it again, but she has been known to take a song and totally turn it around to something entirely different if not making it a totally new song. For instance... "Keep The Trance" into "Hey You". Whether you like either one of those songs I just mentioned or not, the fact you can't deny, those two are drastically different in sound, production and lyrics.

yeah, even the earlier version of Drowned World to its final is quite different... and The Beat Goes On from Hard Candy... Will it be the same case with GMAYL? I AM HOPING! But my gut tells me it's very close to the final version...

yeah, even the earlier version of Drowned World to its final is quite different... and The Beat Goes On from Hard Candy... Will it be the same case with GMAYL? I AM HOPING! But my gut tells me it's very close to the final version...

Why though? You can't even begin to really know, when we all know she's been known to completely turn a song around from it's original demo. And if Nicki and M.I.A. are on the track, then to me that tells me the production has drastically changed from this demo. It definitely has to be far more edgier and far more current sounding. I do not believe that she simply took this same demo we've heard and just asked these two girls to sing over the vocals she's recorded as is. I have a feeling that the version we heard is simply a template of what the final version is going to be like.

Why though?

I am only guessing from the quality of sound that have heard from the alleged GMAYL demo... it sounds finished, unlike the early demos of Drowned World and The Beat Goes On which I have downloaded and heard myself, they were pretty obvious demos... if Nicki and MIA appears, it could be just like a special video version which may be used as a radio version as well...

LOL!

Once again, I agree. It may not measure up to the same sort of classic hits as "Holiday" "Like A Virgin", "Vogue", "Into The Groove" and/or "Music", but it seems to me she's going for a pop hit that will appeal to more than just the fans. It's not the first time she's done this. But the truth is, when you have an artist who has been known to evolve with her music, as Madonna has, it gets harder and harder to please everyone and compete with one's past hits. We all have our favorites, and I will admit that some of her latest music doesn't compare to how much I love her older music. But at the same time, I know there are a lot of fans who like other eras of her music than some of her older stuff. This is what makes Madonna so appealing and universal. Even in her 50's, she still popular and still bringing on new fans.

Yes! Even though I'd consider ROL to be my favorite album from her, that to me is just a fluke. In truth, her 80's music catalog as a whole plus the videos, the looks, the attitude, the hysteria and just her impact on pop culture during that time can never be matched in my eyes. As much as I love it, had she not evolved the 90's/00's would've been very different for career wise. She's lost lots of fans and gained lots of fans and re-gained lots of fans over the years. We even have fans on here that came on board during her two most divisive eras, so she obviously is doing something right. :) The best thing for her to do is continue to do what she's always done and do what she wants and I'm sure she'll be bringing more in this coming era.

Production and delivery aside, lyrically, I don't see the problem with GMAYL. It's lyrics are right along the same lines as "every little thing you say or do I'm hung up on you", "music makes the people come together" or even "you're frozen when your hearts not open". Just simple lyrics but with the Madonna attitude, production and image to go along with it, it becomes something else. As always, there will be "meatier" lyrics on the album. It seems for every "Live To Tell" or "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" on an album there is a "True Blue" or "Candy Shop" to even it out.

The truth is, you'll be eating your words here. You obviously are basing your opinion off a demo which you do not even know is going to be anything like the final version. I've said this before and I'll say it again, but she has been known to take a song and totally turn it around to something entirely different if not making it a totally new song. For instance... "Keep The Trance" into "Hey You". Whether you like either one of those songs I just mentioned or not, the fact you can't deny, those two are drastically different in sound, production and lyrics. Over the years, we've heard plenty of demos by her which sounded different from the final version.... going all the way back to her demos from her first album. It amazes me the lack of faith some have here regarding her next single/album based on a demo and rumors when she has years and music which has been greatly successful.

As for your comment to say that it's going to "flop", well, there is always a chance of that happening no matter how great or bad we think one of her songs are. But from my perspective, she has many PLUS factors going for her... #1... New Record Company! You can't tell me that they are going to just stand there and let her single and album flop without a fight. You can bet there is a lot of backing behind this new album. There is no doubt in my mind, the people at Universal and in the entertainment industry would like to see Madonna have another blast of success on the same level as her previous hugely popular and successful albums. You can bet there will be a big push with her first single and this album. I'm betting she's going to be EVERYWHERE this coming year. #2... Superbowl! This is a major plus for her. It will maximize her exposure, especially back in a region that she's been lacking popularity for some time.. which is indeed the U.S. And before you say, "The U.S. isn't the whole world!", I will agree... You are right, but you can't deny the fact that a successful career in entertainment is greatly measured by the success one has in the United States. Much of that is due to the fact, the U.S. is known to be the Entertainment capital of the world. And with her performance at the Superbowl, you can bet that exposure will maximize her popularity and make her first single be very successful.. no matter how much you say you dislike it. #3... She's MADONNA! The fact she's gotta a new fragrance, clothing line, a new movie and album all coming out at the same time, it definitely could mirror the popularity and exposure she had in the 80's when she was just everywhere.

Sure, you can say it's going to just blow up in her face, but there is minimal chance of that happening because over all, there seems to be a overwhelming interest in seeing Madonna explode in popularity again. It may not be on the same level as I remember when Madonnamania began in 1985, but you can bet it will at least gain her the same respect and popularity that the RAY OF LIGHT album got.

And Kurt is right... Madonna has never based creating anything on what she thinks her fans will like. The FACT is that she's done quite well beating to her own drum. And no matter how much some of you will claim she's finally lost it or claim you hate what she's doing now, there will be just as many who will love it. That is a fact as well.

SHIT!!

Yesterday at a party they played the GMAYL demo and it was disastrous. :manson: Everyone was mocking Madonna and it was VERY awkward to say the least. :manson: The worst part is that i admitted it didnt sound cool. :manson: As a matter of fact it sounded completely OUT OF PLACE. :manson:

Weird, because after 50 listens i was beginning to enjoy it at home but i was wondering how that would work out at a party. It didnt do very well i see :manson:

:rotfl:

Oh dear. Well erm, it's only the demo version! :nocomment:

Anytime the fans hate something the general public seems to like it....see TAB and 4M. GMAYL even in demo form would be a hit. FACT! :sassy:

And so would Push from COADF....FACT! :sassy:

Important lesson for Madonna: NEVER listen to your fans. FACT! :sassy:

If she had listened to us SOMETIMES it would help though. Imagine how much better off her career would be without Me Against The Menopause.

If she had listened to us SOMETIMES it would help though. Imagine how much better off her career would be without Me Against The Menopause.

I know myself and others among my generation LOVE Me Against The Music! Speak for yourself

Production and delivery aside, lyrically, I don't see the problem with GMAYL. It's lyrics are right along the same lines as "every little thing you say or do I'm hung up on you", "music makes the people come together" or even "you're frozen when your hearts not open". Just simple lyrics but with the Madonna attitude, production and image to go along with it, it becomes something else. As always, there will be "meatier" lyrics on the album. It seems for every "Live To Tell" or "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" on an album there is a "True Blue" or "Candy Shop" to even it out.

To (re)state the obvious, I think she's getting more scrutiny with the lyrics cause she's 67. Disasterpiece is the kind of thing she's expected to do, and it's a wonderful change getting this 90s throwback. Gimme Yer Hole is too basic and banal for Madonna, even compared to the 80s bubblegum one.

I hope there's more lyrics added and something of a revision with the song structure and melody (it needs a bit more added to it) with the finished version. Slapping on a standard cut and paste rap from Minvaj won't be enough to save it.

Ahh yes....good old MATM....I guess there are exceptions to every rule! This is the only time I'd ever say this but MATM would've been so much better without Madonna....that goes for the video too. Madonna truly looked out of touch and um...CLASSIC....in that video. She's rolling in the leaves and wandering around while Britney does Jackson style high paced choreography. It was just all so awful...lol. AND I do believe Madonna's "HAAAY BRITNEEEE..." was the official unveiling of the fully formed crow voice.

I still say "The Kiss" ROCKED though! And Britney's appearance in HN on S&S tour wasn't too invasive.

I still say "The Kiss" ROCKED though! And Britney's appearance in HN on S&S tour wasn't too invasive.

I think her entire association with Britney Spears was unfortunate.

I'm just glad that she hasn't (yet) collaborated with Lady Gaga, especially for the upcoming album (at least as far as I know). I have to give her credit for that, and I'm a little surprised that more people haven't also done so. Perhaps they will, however, once the album is released.

To (re)state the obvious, I think she's getting more scrutiny with the lyrics cause she's 67. Disasterpiece is the kind of thing she's expected to do, and it's a wonderful change getting this 90s throwback. Gimme Yer Hole is too basic and banal for Madonna, even compared to the 80s bubblegum one.

I hope there's more lyrics added and something of a revision with the song structure and melody (it needs a bit more added to it) with the finished version. Slapping on a standard cut and paste rap from Minvaj won't be enough to save it.

I wouldn't disagree that GMAYL could use some tweaks but lyrically it's not THAT far removed from fluffier lyrics she's done before. It just sucks to see her held to some different sort of standard since she is indeed 67 :). I mean Hung Up is sort of "immature" for someone who's 61 no? I do hope Minaj and MIA are incorporated in a more clever way than just slapping their raps on the song randomly.

Ahh yes....good old MATM....I guess there are exceptions to every rule! This is the only time I'd ever say this but MATM would've been so much better without Madonna....that goes for the video too. Madonna truly looked out of touch and um...CLASSIC....in that video. She's rolling in the leaves and wandering around while Britney does Jackson style high paced choreography. It was just all so awful...lol. AND I do believe Madonna's "HAAAY BRITNEEEE..." was the official unveiling of the fully formed crow voice.

I don't really disagree with what you bring up here, but since the song was brought up as if it's something she shouldn't have done if she left it up to her fans, I'd ask, has this song really made an impact on her legacy that anyone really remembers it? Sure, some fans here will bring it up as some career low point for her, but hasn't every artist who has lasted just as long or if not longer than her have had these cringing moments? I don't think this one song or ever a few others that I'm sure some will bring up really have defined her or even hurt her career. Like you mentioned before, Madonna is mostly thought of as this huge 80's artist. That's where most people in general go back to. Along the way, and in between and after some career low points (which could be subjective to some), she's managed maintain a very successful career without taking any advice from her fans. And the truth is, if she followed her career based on what some fans think she should do, she would have been gone a long time ago. She's still got a great fan base where the majority doesn't demand that she produce work the way they think she should do it. They appreciate she does her own thing without second guessing what her fans think. It's not in her nature to think about what people will think while creating her art. Most people who do, get engulfed in all that and end up burning out. Madonna hasn't let that happen.

I don't really disagree with what you bring up here, but since the song was brought up as if it's something she shouldn't have done if she left it up to her fans, I'd ask, has this song really made an impact on her legacy that anyone really remembers it? Sure, some fans here will bring it up as some career low point for her, but hasn't every artist who has lasted just as long or if not longer than her have had these cringing moments? I don't think this one song or ever a few others that I'm sure some will bring up really have defined her or even hurt her career. Like you mentioned before, Madonna is mostly thought of as this huge 80's artist. That's where most people in general go back to. Along the way, and in between and after some career low points (which could be subjective to some), she's managed maintain a very successful career without taking any advice from her fans. And the truth is, if she followed her career based on what some fans think she should do, she would have been gone a long time ago. She's still got a great fan base where the majority doesn't demand that she produce work the way they think she should do it. They appreciate she does her own thing without second guessing what her fans think. It's not in her nature to think about what people will think while creating her art. Most people who do, get engulfed in all that and end up burning out. Madonna hasn't let that happen.

OH JAYSUS

Anyway.......

tumbleweed9mw.gif

Guest ditaluver

You're one of the first ppl I have EVER heard say that :lol: Color me surprised.

well i like it. id rather her do something rather than nothing.

I wouldn't disagree that GMAYL could use some tweaks but lyrically it's not THAT far removed from fluffier lyrics she's done before. It just sucks to see her held to some different sort of standard since she is indeed 67 :) . I mean Hung Up is sort of "immature" for someone who's 61 no? I do hope Minaj and MIA are incorporated in a more clever way than just slapping their raps on the song randomly.

It's quite possible she has re-recorded the whole song especially if the production and lyrics changed. For me, I like the song, it's just her voice is too processed. I do have to agree the song does sound like any pop tart could sing it. It's still fun in the demo stages, and I suspect whatever the case, it still will be significantly different from the demo.

You're one of the first ppl I have EVER heard say that :lol: Color me surprised.

I remember sitting in the car at the age of 12 and hearing "Britney Spears' brand new single!" being debuted. And then suddenly...Madonna's vocals began to purr through (I believe this was right before "American Life"), and I FELL IN LOVE! So sexual, so much love between M and Brit. I still love Brit, hell, we gotta at least support her over that ugly turd copycat Lady Who...but of course, it's not my favorite Madonna moment. Just a fun duet in modern pop culture, not to be taken too seriously :)

I remember sitting in the car at the age of 12 and hearing "Britney Spears' brand new single!" being debuted. And then suddenly...Madonna's vocals began to purr through (I believe this was right before "American Life"), and I FELL IN LOVE! So sexual, so much love between M and Brit. I still love Brit, hell, we gotta at least support her over that ugly turd copycat Lady Who...but of course, it's not my favorite Madonna moment. Just a fun duet in modern pop culture, not to be taken too seriously :)

Except Me Against The Music was months and months after American Life lol bad fan