Full GMAYL DEMO leak! discussion continued

Apples388

Guest Not4Pussies

its very disappointing that GAYL is going to sound the same as the leaked version

i was hoping for it to be completely different

i recommend u all delete the song from your computers. mp3 players and wait for the final versiom

thats what i did cuz i was already getting sick of the leaked version

It has to be somewhat different for it to make sense to have a feature by M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj on it. The current version as is, is too lightweight for either artist! I'm just going to wait and see what happens...

The melody sounds like one of those games I was playing on my nintendo when i was little. The only thing "catchy" about this song, if u can call it that is the "ILV MADONNA!" Thats all.

That's the most embarrasing part IMO.

The only catchy part to me is "don't play that stupid game...'cause I'm a different kind of girl".

Guest groovyguy

Thanks.

:scared:

From what I gather:

The album version is 4:43. While Madonna's lyrics and vocals are the same, her cheering in the demo is done by Nicki and M.I.A. The cheerleading intro is longer with both Nicki & M.I.A. cheering back and fourth, taunting each other. They then join in, repeating the cheer we've already heard. M.I.A. apparently has a brief "rap" or "cheer" right before Madonna begins the second verse. Nicki also has a rap during the breakdown, and again, more cheering from both her and M.I.A. While the track is similar, the production is more kick-ass. The demo sounds flat because it is not mastered.

Guest groovyguy

So we can expect a HC part 2 mess if that's true.

The GMAYL track is reported to be very different from the rest of the album. Of the 4 demos played at the Universal's listening, GMAYL is said to be the weakest but also the most mainstream/commercial track. According to reports by Madonnarama and Drownedmadonna, the rest of the album supposedly have deep and personal lyrics.

The GMAYL track is reported to be very different from the rest of the album. Of the 4 demos played at the Universal's listening, GMAYL is said to be the weakest but also the most mainstream/commercial track. According to reports by Madonnarama and Drownedmadonna, the rest of the album supposedly have deep and personal lyrics.

Thats BS sorry the lead song is 99% the strongest impact song i dont believe that its what sells the album. It can kill the album immediately on arrival.

Guest groovyguy

Thats BS sorry the lead song is 99% the strongest impact song i dont believe that its what sells the album. It can kill the album immediately on arrival.

Cool. Seems like you already know the sales stats for GMAYL and its impact on the album sales! ;)

Cool. Seems like you already know the sales stats for GMAYL and its impact on the album sales! ;)

I wasn't talking about sales i was talking about how people on here claim its the weakest song on the album yet she's releasing it as the first single. LOLOLOLOL That is complete and utter BS. It's obviously the strongest single in their minds. Commercial or not.

I think it's a fun track and geared more for the Superbowl if anything. Besides, she doesn't like to repeat herself, and as far as I can remember, she's never done any kind of cheering in her music yet. So, in that sense, this is new for her. I'm gonna wait until I hear the final version as it was intended to be heard as well as wait for the video. Generally, there's always a visual component to her singles whether in a video format or in her concerts. (I've always thought of her as a visual artist AND a pop star, just sayin'.) I think this leak is just a tiny portion of the bigger picture that she has in store.

Guest groovyguy

I wasn't talking about sales i was talking about how people on here claim its the weakest song on the album yet she's releasing it as the first single. LOLOLOLOL That is complete and utter BS. It's obviously the strongest single in their minds. Commercial or not.

Sweetie, nobody is claiming anything. It's just the opinion of those who heard the 4 demos and 9 album tracks at the listening. They feel the GMAYL demo is the weakest of the 4 demos played. And to them, it sounds different from the other 3 demos and 9 album tracks that were played. Like I said, it's their opinion and all the reports from Madonnatribe, Madonnarama, Drownedmadonna are based on these sources. When we get to hear the album, we may differ in our opinions but as of now, we can only read their comments with an open mind and reserve our judgement till March. And obviously to release it as the first single, they must feel that it is the most radio-friendly track and the 'sources' seem to agree. Does it mean that the most radio-friendly track is the strongest track? To some, yes. To others, no. It's all a matter of opinion.

Guest groovyguy

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

But they have fun and they love the song.

In the description:

M-E-H MEHdonna! A new Madonna song couldn't come our way fast enough, and we couldn't wait to cover this brand new gem! Go Madonna. Go MEH. Go Superbowl.

I really don't understand what is she trying to do. This is the worst first single choice of her career. Her previous flop first singles were at least trying to be something. We all can write and produce this song in a studio. She didn't even care to write original lyrics, most of the lyrics are from her previous songs.

I think it will do somewhat well in the first one or two weeks. Because people are hungry for her new material. Then it will fade faster than ray of light. First single is so important nowadays because nobody buy albums. With a bad start the album will need a really good luck to be strong seller.

:(

I really don't understand what is she trying to do. This is the worst first single choice of her career. Her previous flop first singles were at least trying to be something. We all can write and produce this song in a studio.

Couldnt agree more.:(

I'm really hoping that all this bitching and moaning about GAYL dies down by the official release so that I can enjoy the f..ing song!! This demo is what you are getting people, deal with it and stop going on and on about how shit it is FFS! Thank you!

Guest Not4Pussies

I think shes finally getting her way on releasing such a lackluster first single. Just like she wanted Candy Shop as the first single from HC. Also the Super Bowl has something to do with it.