Madonna @ Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project at Roseland [merged]

runaway

Guest groovyguy

Matthew Rettenmund, from Boy Culture, shared

She arrived around 11:45PM, sat in the balcony for the opening number, then emerged from the stage in a pair of asscheek-baring short-shorts and preened her way to a side-stage where she spent most of the night trying to hide from all of us fanarazzi so as not to distract from the hard-working dancers who were dancing on the main stage.

Madonna narrowed it down to four dancers, who then had a dance-off and Madonna chose someone called Li’l Buck from Memphis, Tennessee (“the hood,” he proudly proclaimed) to become a dancer with her on tour.

Then followed a long, long, long period of us staring at her and her entourage while she ignored our existence and was filmed for some kind of promo piece.

Finally, she started teasing us with dance moves and went over to greet Martin Solveig in his DJ booth where she danced wildly to “Hello,” Alicia Keys and other hot club songs. The highlight was when Solveig got her to sing a bit of “Give Me All Your Love.”

Finally, we made it to the very front, where the exasperated guards in “STAFF” T-shirts were openly telling people no one had any idea what was going on. All I did was flash my ID and hand in the releases we needed (to be on camera—the event was filmed) and we walked straight in and onto the main floor, five or so people from the side stage.

So we huddled near that side stage, which was set up with luxurious white couches and looked ot us like the place where Madonna would sit and judge the contest.

Guy Oseary, Liz Rosenberg, at least two yarmulked Kabbalists and a host of trendy-looking entouragers emerged and filled the couches before us.

Then when announcements began from the stage regarding the dance-off, Madonna came out into a VVIP section of the mezzanine with her boyfriend Brahim Zaibat and sat almost out of view.

Luckily, after some opening dances from around the world (something about “black, white, yellow, high-yellow, fierce, not so fierce” was being said), we saw Madonna put on her coat (uh, it wasn’t cold in there) and disappear, so we knew she planned to come into view. What nobody suspected was that she would soon emerge from under the stage, rising like Venus from the sea in a cute little outfit that included shorts so short they’re probably illegal in parts of the South and over-the-knee, studded black boots. That plus her David Letterman-style magic hair gave her the look of a fetching minx, albeit one who would not hesitate to kick your ass all the way home.

Madonna posed, hands on hips, then preened her way to the side-stage where she spent most of the night trying to hide from all of us fanarazzi so as not to distract from the hard-working dancers who were dancing on the main stage

She eventually figured it out and walked onto the stage to banter with some of the dancers, most memorably Scorpio, a Frenchman living in England who I thought might win. I loved that Madonna was pulling a partial Paula Abdul over all of this; she’d even told them all not to take not being chosen personally. Ultimately, it was Li’l Buck from Memphis who won, and he was blown away, telling the crowd he’d come from the hood, the streets.

But bust she did, dancing with Brahim and loosening up to a “Rolling in the Deep” mix after seeming unwilling to dance to her own tunes (“Music,” “Hollywood” and “Like a Prayer” were played in part).

Finally, Madonna seemed to think someone should’ve scheduled some audience time and she looked out at us and taunted us with some robotic dance moves that everyone immediately mimicked (well, not me; I was losing circulation in my arms from holding my camera aloft). She laughed and then took off, walking back across the stage and scaling some stairs to the DJ’s exposed booth, where she threw her arms around DJ Martin Solveig, who of course is responsible for her next single, “Give Me All Your Love.”

The highlight of the whole night was when Solveig, while playing Madonna’s own “Hung Up” (she did some moves and sang along to it), sang into the mic, “L-U-V Madonna…” and Madonna chimed in, “Y-O-U You wanna!”

Then, on a dime, Madonna said good-bye to Solveig and strolled down to the stage and out of view

Guest Fukujima

i just read a comment on popslut of a little monster saying that M's entrance is a rip off of LGaga entrance at the Monsterball tour and that she clearly went to that show with Lola to steal ideas to Lgaga :lmao::lmao:

i just read a comment on popslut of a little monster saying that M's entrance is a rip off of LGaga entrance at the Monsterball tour and that she clearly went to that show with Lola to steal ideas to Lgaga :lmao::lmao:

lol....how sad

isnt the song in the bg when she comes out on stage one of the new ones?

It's rumored to be! Who really knows? I certainly hope it's true :sassy:

....and that's disgusting that the Little Monsters are starting to say M "ripped off" Lady Who when she entered on stage. Wouldn't Madonna just be ripping off herself?

So I guess this is her new image for her new album?

Well i dont think shes that cheap to use the hard candy outfit leftovers lol

but i doubt its gonna be something different from a black leotard

maybe the hair though

It's hard to tell because she's been all over the place stylistically in the past year.

That slutty Vanity Fair outfit, the sophisticated dresses from the different film festivals & Harper's Bazaar, this outfit from the Smirnoff thing.

Who knows really.

• 1 month later...
Guest groovyguy

http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/483-interview-christopher-hanany-aka-kyubee.html

Interview Christopher Hanany a.k.a. Kyubee

Christopher Hanany (aka Kyubee) was one of the finalists of the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange contest in New York City performing in front of Madonna to get a job as a dancer on her upcoming world tour. Our collaborators Ultimate Concert Experience (UCE) interviewed him on the occasion of this final in order to find out why he participated and what made him a dancer he is now.

hanany01.jpg

UCE : What is your background in dance?

I started dancing at age 14 after having seen the movie "You Got Served".

UCE : What are your dancing experiences before you attend the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange final ?

My experience has been to work abroad with great choreographers.

UCE : Do you write your choreography yourself?

Yes.

UCE : Who are the great examples that you admire in dance?

I have no ties of admiration, only inspiration.

UCE : What do you think of all television programs such as “So You Think You Can Dance” ?

It's a good program to showcase the talented dancers.

UCE : How creative are you ? To what are you inspired ?

I am inspired by all flim, people, music .... My imagination does the rest.

UCE : What was the main reason to participate in the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange event ?

Madonna!!

UCE : Would you also have participated if it was not supported by Madonna?

Yes, of course because it is the opportunity to travel and meet other dancers and choreographers.

hanany02.jpg

UCE : Can you describe the road to the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange finale ?

It's simple, a friend told me about the audition, I simply sent a video, I was contacted by Smirnoff later to tell me that I had to come to New York. The waiting period was a period of stress but it's still a great memory.

UCE : Can you tell us more about the final night of the Smirnoff Night Exchange project ?

It was very exciting to dance to Madonna, it gave me the feeling I really want to go on tour with her!

UCE : What are your future plans about dance?

I hope to dance for her, if I make a creation for the Theatre National de Chaillot in Paris. From September 2012 I shall dance with the contemporary company ECO the tale "Skin Of Donkey” of Charle Perrault and brothers Grimm.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/04/30/a-closer-look-at-the-madonna-experience-by-smirnoff/

A Closer Look at the “Madonna Experience” by Smirnoff

Madonnarama reported that Smirnoff is celebrating the release of MDNA with the “Smirnoff Limited Edition Pack”, offering access to exclusive content!

Smirnoff and Madonna are releasing an exclusive “Smirnoff Limited Edition Pack”

After the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange last year and the exclusive Smirnoff Nightlife MDNA Edition, Madonna and Smirnoff are teaming up again!

Diageo is offering exclusive Madonna content via an on-pack and online promotion, as part of its partnership between Smirnoff No.21 Vodka, Madonna and Live Nation Entertainment.

To celebrate Madonna’s twelfth studio album MDNA and the start of the MDNA World Tour, this year’s world Diageo offers an exclusive Smirnoff Limited Edition Pack will be available in the off-trade offering VIP Madonna access.

20120426-news-madonna-smirnoff-limited-edition-pack.jpg

The 245,000 glossy red packs are set to land on shelves from late April and will contain a special VIP Access Card.

Each card holds a unique code which, once entered into a dedicated Facebook page, unlocks a host of exclusive content to experience the Madonna’s world like never before, including exclusive content, music downloads, behind-the-scenes footage and even a chance to win VIP ticket!

One of the exclusive downloads is Madonna’s latest remix track Give Me All Your Luvin’ (Just Blaze Bionic Dub).

The Smirnoff Limited Edition Pack and VIP access activity will be supported by a multi-million investment encompassing a TV ad, digital content and PR.

Simon Breckon, Vodka marketing director, Western Europe, says…

This partnership between a global superstar, Live Nation Entertainment and the number one vodka brand is really exciting, and this latest activity is a fantastic opportunity for Madonna fans to gain access to completely exclusive content.

The red pack will create significant impact on-shelf drawing shoppers to the category in-store.

We are also launching some striking ‘POS’ kits and display units to signpost the activity and help drive sales for retailers.

A Closer Look at the “Madonna Experience” by Smirnoff

The “Smirnoff Limited Edition Pack” is available in select stores around the world and they really did a great job with the packaging.

Have a look…

20120429-news-madonna-smirnoff-limited-closer-look-01-242x200.jpg20120429-news-madonna-smirnoff-limited-closer-look-02-183x200.jpg20120429-news-madonna-smirnoff-limited-closer-look-03-240x200.jpg

Each pack contains a special VIP Access Card containing a unique code which, once entered into a dedicated Facebook page, unlocks a host of exclusive content!

Here’s what fans can expect…

20120429-news-madonna-smirnoff-limited-closer-look-content-02-tag-400x580.jpg

The different videos takes the viewers behind the scenes at the “Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project” and shows everything from auditions, rehearsals to final show with Madonna!

A few screengrabs…

20120429-news-madonna-smirnoff-limited-closer-look-content-02.jpg