Which M's studio album has the most fillers tracks?

Sky Fits Heaven

I don't like half of Bedtime Stories, so that's the only filler album for me. All her other albums have 2 or 3 filler tracks.

Totally agree, i've never been able to completely get into the BS album no matter how hard i try. I just don't like R&B music in general.

But now i don't think all her albums have 2-3 filler tracks, some are simply perfect from the beginning to the end.

1. "Drowned World/Substitute for Love" Madonna, William Orbit, Rod McKuen, Anita Kerr, David Collins Madonna, Orbit 5:09 2. "Swim" Madonna, Orbit Madonna, Orbit 5:00 3. "Ray of Light" Madonna, Orbit, Clive Muldoon, Dave Curtis, Christine Leach Madonna, Orbit 5:21 4. "Candy Perfume Girl" Madonna, Orbit, Susannah Melvoin Madonna, Orbit 4:34 5. "Skin" Madonna, Patrick Leonard Madonna, Orbit, Marius de Vries 6:22 6. "Nothing Really Matters" Madonna, Leonard Madonna, Orbit, de Vries 4:27 7. "Sky Fits Heaven" Madonna, Leonard Madonna, Orbit, Leonard 4:48 8. "Shanti/Ashtangi" Madonna, Orbit Madonna, Orbit 4:29 9. "Frozen" Madonna, Leonard Madonna, Orbit, Leonard 6:12 10. "The Power of Good-Bye" Madonna, Rick Nowels Madonna, Orbit, Leonard 4:10 11. "To Have and Not to Hold" Madonna, Nowels Madonna, Orbit, Leonard 5:23 12. "Little Star" Madonna, Nowels Madonna, de Vries 5:18 13. "Mer Girl"

Thats a WHOPPING 7 FILLERS! Dear Lord.

:electropop:

I love Bedtime Stories its a beautiful album. There Is no way in the world Ray Of Light has 7 filler tracks that's rubbish. Every album has a couple, but I think the worst fillers were on True Blue. Those last two tracks are the worst and scream "lets fill the rest with these" horrible tracks

Madonna

I Know It

Think Of Me

Like A Virgin

Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Shoo-Bee-Doo

Pretender

Stay

True Blue

White Heat

Love Makes The World Go Round

Like A Prayer

None

Erotica

Rain

In This Life

Bedtime Stories

Forbidden Love

Love Tried To Welcome Me

Ray Of Light

Shanti/Ashtangi

To Have and Not To Hold

Little Star

Music

I Deserve It

Nobody's Perfect

What It Feels Like For A Girl

American Life

I'm So Stupid

Nobody Knows Me

Confessions On A Dance Floor

I Love New York

Push

Hard Candy

Spanish Lesson

Dance2Night

MDNA

Some Girls

Superstar

I Don't Give A

What the FUCK is wrong with you?!!!

Definitely Hard Candy and American Life aka Music vol2

And why Love Tried To welcome Me is a filler? It contains all elements for an R&B song and is deep and brilliant! One of the most beautiful she's ever had!

Guest bluejean

Totally agree. Very well said.

Well funnily that opinion of mine was pre MDNA. Now I say THAT album had quite afew filler tracks that just should never have happened. Eg Superstar

Guest bluejean

Imagine the album like this:

Side A

Papa Don't Preach

Open Your Heart

White Heat

True Blue

Side B

Spotlight

Where's The Party

Each Time You Break My Heart

La Isla Bonita

Live To Tell

Guest bluejean

Although in saying that I do love me some Love Makes The World Go Round.

That Live Aid performance is an ear bleeding affair though :lol:

Guest SecretGarden

Besides tracks like Don't Stop and Push, I'm finding it hard to find many fillers on her pre-HC albums.

MDNA takes the spot, but as an album I definitely prefer it to HC (mainly because, despite it's lows, MDNA's high points are better than anything on HC). As tired as this may sound, MDNA would have fared much better as an album if those fillers tracks were removed.

Guest bluejean

Hard Candy for me is a consistent album. Nothing on it blows me away and it was all quite derivative BUT it just works as a whole package. Way better than MDNA as a whole.

Fillers are not necessarilly bad or unenjoyable songs. In fact they can be the exact opposite. However, they often don't seem to match the other songs of their respective albums and thus look like they were put on there to simply "fill" the album with more songs.

1. MDNA

Superstar

Give Me All Your Luvin'

I Don't Give A

I'm a Sinner

Turn Up the Radio

They're the reason why MDNA lacks cohesiveness. MDNA could've been this dark and moody post-divorce album with a theme similar to what was explored in the Transgression segment of the MDNA Tour. I'm not counting the bonus tracks, because they weren't included on the actual album.

2. Erotica

Did You Do It

In This Life

Why's It So Hard

Where Life Begins

Waiting

Erotica, on the other hand has a perfectly executed theme and imagery. It all fit together very well, but some of the songs really just seem to go nowhere and make the album longer than it should've been. I know you all like Waiting a lot and I think it's perfectly produced track along with Where Life Begins, but the whole spoken verses thing just seems so forced and a bit too much at this point. I think opening the album with Erotica and closing it with Secret Garden and those two being the only songs with spoken verses would've been much better.

3. Like a Virgin

Shoo-Bee-Doo

Pretender

Stay

This album is pretty weak when compared to Madonna or True Blue. It's a classic, but the fact that these three songs follow each other on the tracklist and even close the album is just very unfortunate. I think a re-issue featuring Crazy for You, Gambler and Into the Groove could've made the album much sronger than it is.

Edited by JimmyJimmy

Hard Candy for me is a consistent album. Nothing on it blows me away and it was all quite derivative BUT it just works as a whole package. Way better than MDNA as a whole.

I agree. A lot of the songs, especially non-singles like Heartbeat, She's Not Me, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You and Beat Goes On have great staying power. I still enjoy them as much as I did when the album was released.

Imagine the album like this:

Side A

Papa Don't Preach

Open Your Heart

White Heat

True Blue

Side B

Spotlight

Where's The Party

Each Time You Break My Heart

La Isla Bonita

Live To Tell

:wow: Every song could've been a single!

Edited by JimmyJimmy

Wow, I just don't know what to say. Why would we shorten an album to make it better just to have more songs in the vaults that we hope will leak someday?

From the first three albums I only see Jimmy jimmy and LMTWGR as filler ( but I like them) I love Stay and Pretender for instance.

For me MDNA is my least favorite album but i don't dislike it. The fillers for me are TUTR, Some Girls and Superstar but even those songs had their time when I listened to them.

Erotica

Did You Do It

In This Life

Why's It So Hard

Where Life Begins

Waiting

Erotica, on the other hand has a perfectly executed theme and imagery. It all fit together very well, but some of the songs really just seem to go nowhere and make the album longer than it should've been. I know you all like Waiting a lot and I think it's perfectly produced track along with Where Life Begins, but the whole spoken verses thing just seems so forced and a bit too much at this point. I think opening the album with Erotica and closing it with Secret Garden and those two being the only songs with spoken verses would've been much better.

Are you suggesting that Waiting should have been axed out of Erotica?????

It's like taking Candy Shop out of HC, Paraside out Music, or Intervention out of AL. Waiting along with the title track is the perfect representation of what Erotica was meant to be: gritty, urban, a bit jazzy and about heartbreak and loss.

1. "Drowned World/Substitute for Love" Madonna, William Orbit, Rod McKuen, Anita Kerr, David Collins Madonna, Orbit 5:09 2. "Swim" Madonna, Orbit Madonna, Orbit 5:00 3. "Ray of Light" Madonna, Orbit, Clive Muldoon, Dave Curtis, Christine Leach Madonna, Orbit 5:21 4. "Candy Perfume Girl" Madonna, Orbit, Susannah Melvoin Madonna, Orbit 4:34 5. "Skin" Madonna, Patrick Leonard Madonna, Orbit, Marius de Vries 6:22 6. "Nothing Really Matters" Madonna, Leonard Madonna, Orbit, de Vries 4:27 7. "Sky Fits Heaven" Madonna, Leonard Madonna, Orbit, Leonard 4:48 8. "Shanti/Ashtangi" Madonna, Orbit Madonna, Orbit 4:29 9. "Frozen" Madonna, Leonard Madonna, Orbit, Leonard 6:12 10. "The Power of Good-Bye" Madonna, Rick Nowels Madonna, Orbit, Leonard 4:10 11. "To Have and Not to Hold" Madonna, Nowels Madonna, Orbit, Leonard 5:23 12. "Little Star" Madonna, Nowels Madonna, de Vries 5:18 13. "Mer Girl"

Thats a WHOPPING 7 FILLERS! Dear Lord.

tumblr_mkmxolmBPe1qhjm0go2_250.gif

Are you suggesting that Waiting should have been axed out of Erotica?????

It's like taking Candy Shop out of HC, Paraside out Music, or Intervention out of AL. Waiting along with the title track is the perfect representation of what Erotica was meant to be: gritty, urban, a bit jazzy and about heartbreak and loss.

No, not at all. I just think the spoken verses just get really boring after a while. I mean she had done it for Justify My Love, Erotica, Where Life Begins and Waiting. The latter one didn't really contribute anything new or exciting. It's basically JML 2.0 (but with better production). Other than that it really does fit the theme but apart from it's production doesn't really add anything to it and just seems tired and forced. I think it could've been a much better song if she actually sang the verses. They work much better on Erotica and Secret Garden in my opinion.

Wow, I just don't know what to say. Why would we shorten an album to make it better just to have more songs in the vaults that we hope will leak someday?

From the first three albums I only see Jimmy jimmy and LMTWGR as filler ( but I like them) I live Stay and Pretender for instance.

For me MDNA is my least favorite album but i don't dislike it. The fillers for me are TUTR, Some Girls and Superstar but even those songs had their time when I listened to them.

Because some songs simply deserve to stay in the vaults, while some songs that get shelved onto the bonus disc deserve a spot on the actual album. It's more about picking the good songs and leaving out the shiitty stuff.

Edited by JimmyJimmy

Totally agree, i've never been able to completely get into the BS album no matter how hard i try. I just don't like R&B music in general.

But now i don't think all her albums have 2-3 filler tracks, some are simply perfect from the beginning to the end.

The only albums that have no filler for me are the first album and American Life because I can listen to them the whole way through, but I guess I like what could be considered the filler tracks on those.

The only albums that have no filler for me are the first album and American Life because I can listen to them the whole way through, but I guess I like what could be considered the filler tracks on those.

lol_anchorman.gif

AL is a filler album.

Well, I actually thought that for a while but it has redeemed itself. It's not a masterpiece that some claim ***cough*** hipsters ***cough*** but it's not trash like others think. It had the makings of an excellent album but then the lyrics killed it. But after all these years, I think that DAD is the only filler since it was never meant to be there.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Bedtime Stories.

[...]

"Forbidden Love"

"Love Tried to Welcome Me"

"Inside of Me"

:abuse:

As for me MDNA is the one with the most filler songs. It could have been a tight (and stronger) 10 track record. But the non singles on True Blue I also find rather filleresque.