Which M's studio album has the most fillers tracks?

Sky Fits Heaven

what's a filler? A song that won't be a single or a song that is only there to reach a certain number of tracks? Because i can't think of a Madonna album that has songs just for the sake of it. Even when there are songs that are a bit weaker, like Jimmy Jimmy or Push, many people love them, so they have a porpose there.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LMTWGR or Stay or Don't Stop, for example. Maybe the only "filler" y don't like much is the Birthday Song, i don't like Did You Do It much either.

Erotica!

Why's It So Hard

Did You Do It (the worst filler EVER!)

In This Life

Where Life Begins

Waiting

Secret Garden

Bye Bye Baby

Erotica should've been like this in my opinion...

1. Erotica (including sung verses, the You Thrill Me part as pre-chorus and the Erotic, erotic, etc. part as chorus)

2. Fever

3. Deeper and Deeper

4. Waiting

5. Goodbye to Innocence

6. Bad Girl

7. Shame

8. Thief of Hearts

9. Words [Demo]

10. Rain

11. Bye Bye Baby

12. Secret Garden

#facepalm

Mdna, Hard Candy, AL, Music, Bedtime Story & Erotica have more than 2 fillers

Like a Prayer, LIke a Virgin and Ray of Light have at least one filler

True Blue, only one Jimmy Jimmy

Madonna has no filler, this album is pure perfection!!

Hmm, it seems like everyone's definition of "filler" is different. Sounds like some people think of filler as just "a song I don't like". I'm gagging seeing songs like "waiting" "secret garden" "where's the party" "love tried to welcome me" "push" "to have and not to hold" and "swim" on other peoples lists: all amazing songs that have meant so much to me,

I think of filler as a really crappy song that was only included because the record company needed something to record to put out the album with a respectable amount of tracks. With that definition I think the only M albums with filler are LAV and True Blue. On LAV I think Pretender and Stay are much inferior to the rest of the tracks. On True Blue it's Jimmy Jimmy and Love Makes the World Go Round. IMHO she hasn't had much filler since, personally I really hate "incredible" on HC and "Superstar" on MDNA. But both songs are a fully realized version of a concept M wanted to put out. Just cause I don't like them doesn't mean they are filler.

I hate the fact that people freak out about people calling this or that a "filler". A filler isn't necessarily a bad or unenjoyable track. Most of them just seem to lack substance and impact. They are not essential to the album most of the times but have been added to:

1. emphasize the theme of the album (often ends up extremely forced and way too predictable but not in all cases)

2. bring a bit more variety to the album or to lighten it up a bit if the album itself is very serious and dark in it's content, for example. (song is often overlooked or not as strong as the other tracks and might seem oit of place)

3. to fill time or pad an album around the two or three hits.

I think case 2 is what applies to M in most cases. Gaga's "Born This Way" is a perfect example for case one (every song was written to apply to the theme that it makes the whole album extremely implausible...like all of Gaga's music), while case three applies to Janet's "Discipline" (one good song, the rest is utter shit).

Calling a song a filler is not always a bad thing. I like Stay and I like Think of Me. Do I think they're fillers? Yes, I do. Why? Because they were never meant to be big hits or as strong as the singles they've chosen. They were made to fill the album with more songs.

lol_anchorman.gif

AL is a filler album.

No!

Madonna

- think of me

- i know it

LAV

- stay

- pretender

TB

- jimmy jimmy

- love makes the world go round