Madonna To Open "Hard Candy" Fitness Centers Around The World

renee205

Guy's twitter 2 hours ago:

What city should we open Hard Candy Fitness in?

about 3 hours ago via web

Reply Retweet

who will be coming to the opening of Hard Candy Fitness in Mexico City?

North pole! Now fuck off with this shit!

Madonna's health club chain may open Tel Aviv branch

Pop icon to launch 'Hard Candy Fitness' in Mexico City next month; executives say Israel considered as part of expansion plans

Yaniv Halily

Published: 11.14.10, 13:08 / Israel Business

The "Hard Candy Fitness" chain is considering opening a branch in Tel Aviv in 2012, the Yedioth Ahtonoth daily reported last week.

The first "Hard Candy" club - named after the last album by the pop singer -- will open in a 30,000 square foot space in the Mexican capital.Madonna is to attend its unveiling on November 29, according to a press release.

A source close to the famous singer told Yedioth Ahronoth that "Hard Candy" executives have added Tel Aviv to the list of cities they are interested in as part of the chain's expansion plans.

Madonna, who is indentified with fitness and yoga almost as much as she is identified with music, works out three hours a day.

Apart from the fitness center in Mexico City, the coming year will see 10 "Hard Candy" gyms opening in cities around the world, including Moscow, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro and Hong Kong.

Madonna's manager Guy Oseary came up with the idea of launching a health club chain after the pop music icon's "Hard Candy" tour came to a close in Tel Aviv.

"Our goal is to create an environment inspired by Madonna's vision and high standards of what the ideal gym would be," said Mark Mastrov, chairman of New Evolution Ventures (NEV), which is launching the clubs in partnership with the Material Girl and Oseary.

"Hard Candy Fitness will be a reflection of Madonna's point of view and will reflect her input on every detail including music space, light and other design cues. Madonna's touch will be everywhere," Mastrov said.

A press release said that "Hard Candy Fitness" promises "the very best in innovative training methods," including "state of the art cardiovascular equipment," and an array of classes "including yoga and capoeira.

It will also boast a juice bar-cafe and "lavish locker rooms built with the finest materials will be a sanctuary for members who will be able to relax in sauna and steam rooms."

The statement added that Madonna throughout her career has been a devotee of fitness and well-being, and that after having "worked out in literally hundreds of gyms around the world... she has a strong vision on what the ideal exercise, dancing and work out environment should be."

I wonder if she and her people picked Mexico City because gyms are 100+ dollars a month here with crazy 1,000 registration fees and are always jam packed :confused:

I go to a gym that costs 15 euros a month + 15 euros registration fee :lol:

^ That's basically what I paid in the US. Clearly, I don't go to the gym anymore :lol:

P.S. I just read the prices for the gym and yes, you pay approximately 1000 dollars with your registration, annual fee, first and last month and some other fee.

NY Post - Page Six

Madonna's gym revenge

Last Updated: 2:05 AM, November 15, 2010

Posted: 1:38 AM, November 15, 2010

madonna_splashnews--300x300.jpg

Is Madonna flexing her muscles at her former trainer, Tracy Anderson? The Material Girl recently announced a plan to open a series of Hard Candy Fitness Centers worldwide, where, sources tell us, "she'll be closely involved in developing dance-based workouts." Her first gym opens in Mexico City this month, with plans for Russia, Europe and eventually the US. Sources said the plan may have evolved after Anderson famously had a falling-out with Madonna over Anderson's capitalizing on the superstar's name to build her fitness empire in New York and LA. But a different source close to Madonna said: "I don't think she even gives Tracy a second thought. It's a natural idea for her to have her own gym. This is a business plan that she has been working on for some time with her business partner Guy Oseary." A rep for Madonna declined to comment.

I received this email yesterday:

Estimado Socio

A partir del día de HOY Martes 23 de Noviembre pueden venir a conocer el Club y recoger su tarjeta de Acceso, de 11:00 hasta las 20:30.

El día de mañana Miércoles 24 de Noviembre es la APERTURA OFICIAL DE HARDCANDY a partir de las 6:00am y ya podrán accesar para hacer ejercicio.

También les informo que el 29 de Noviembre está confirmada la asistencia de Madonna. Ella también se ha creado una gran expectativa de su primer gimnasio y está muy contenta y emocionada de venir a México a inaugurar HARD CANDY, y esta experiencia solo la podrán vivir ustedes.

Como prueba de su interés, el día 29 Madonna liderará una coreografía junto con sus bailarines, pero ella quiere elegir algunos socios para que también le acompañen y realicen la misma coreografía, y tu podrías ser uno de los elegidos. Si quieres participar, el casting será el día Jueves 25 de Noviembre a las 11:00 en punto en Hard Candy. Los bailarines de Madonna , junto con su entrenadora van a realizar dicho casting, y elegirán.

Quedo a tus ordenes para cualquier aclaración

Diana Gala

"Basically it says tat Madonna is confimred for the Nov-29 event and that she will lead a Choreography along with her dancers, and that she wants that some of us take part of this also, so tomorrow will be a casting, and also tomorrow her Dnacers and trainer will take part of the casting and chose the people who will participate"

OMG I hope Jason is there I so wanna meet him

Well, at least she promotes something. A Greatest Hits was not important enough, but it's clear that the opening of a gym in Mexico is the EVENT.

I wonder which song will they dance. Maybe Give it To Me with the S&S routine?

Well, at least she promotes something. A Greatest Hits was not important enough, but it's clear that the opening of a gym in Mexico is the EVENT

How is hanging up huge billboards and posters of the gym opening any more promotion than hanging up huge billboards and posters of the Celebration album? She went and did a zillion interviews for Celebration to boot. It's just a greatest hits CD. Who cares if she promotes it or not? She's never been a huge promotion hog anyway.

She did a couple, I'd say. But in all fairness Celebration was well-promoted by her standards. As you said, there were all the big billboards, plus we had TV adverts, some Madonna sit-down interviews and (most importantly) a brand new single and video to promote it with a little buzz as well (Jesus in the video) so really, nothing to complain about from the promo side of things I'd have thought.

Yes, she could have done a TV performance, but it's just not her style to do that for GH compilations, and I kinda respect that to be honest. Other artists, like Kylie, go on GH tours and make sure they perform on all TV shows. Madonna just isn't one of them. We've known that since The Immaculate Collection, so let's not act all too surprised about it now.

Right.

Karbatal is hilarious and nothing against him and all, but he complains about that ish all the time. Literally everytime she releases something, he's here to say that. I think it's safe to say at this point that we're never gonna see Madonna pull a Murry Curry and whore herself out to every outlet and show just so she can get people to buy her albums.

Right.

Karbatal is hilarious and nothing against him and all, but he complains about that ish all the time. Literally everytime she releases something, he's here to say that.

Literally everytime she releases something, he's here to say that??? :lmao: I loved Confessions, love Celebration and like the GH (liked the tracklisting and even the vi). And during Hard Candy i was in another forum.

I think there's a mysterious reason that everybody can moan about everything but I seem to be very important and just a little critic causes a storm. I wonder why, because i am a very normal poster. Or at least i consider myself normal.

Literally everytime she releases something, he's here to say that??? :lmao: I loved Confessions, love Celebration and like the GH (liked the tracklisting and even the vi). And during Hard Candy i was in another forum.

I think there's a mysterious reason that everybody can moan about everything but I seem to be very important and just a little critic causes a storm. I wonder why, because i am a very normal poster. Or at least i consider myself normal.

because it NEVER ENDS

I think you're normal too ( :lol: ) but I REALLY NEVER understood when people moan about her not promoting enough. It just seemed like you were one of the ones who complained about that the most. I mean the music industry has been dead since like, 2006 - who cares whether people promote or not anymore :lol: it may make the difference between an album selling 500,000 copies or selling 575,000 sadly enough.

You're definitely not the only critic, but I also don't think you are normal. :lol: I mean that in the nicest possible way.

I think you're normal too ( :lol: ) but I REALLY NEVER understood when people moan about her not promoting enough. It just seemed like you were one of the ones who complained about that the most. I mean the music industry has been dead since like, 2006 - who cares whether people promote or not anymore :lol: it may make the difference between an album selling 500,000 copies or selling 575,000 sadly enough.

You are right :thumbsup:

By the way, is there a program in US as big as UK's X Factor? I mean, a program where an artist goes and kaboom! all people download as crazy.