How many more Madonna albums do you think we will get?

Guest Corazon

I was thinking about this today. This will most likely be the last decade, when Madonna says "This will be my last album" people are going to go apeshit.

Guest nothingfails0603

I don't think she will ever properly retire, even if she does, it'll probably be a Tina Turner type thing where it's just an extended hiatus.

We might not get a new album every 2.5 years on average, but I'm sure there'll be several more albums in the next 20 years.

I don't think she will ever properly retire, even if she does, it'll probably be a Tina Turner type thing where it's just an extended hiatus.

We might not get a new album every 2.5 years on average, but I'm sure there'll be several more albums in the next 20 years.

I agree. Why does everyone always think the end is near? She might slow down, but I doubt she'll stop anytime soon. Look at people older than her - the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, and Bob Dylan. They all still put out music.

She works harder and is more focused than any of them. I think the music will continue to come unless her directing career supplants her musical creativity.

I agree. Why does everyone always think the end is near? She might slow down, but I doubt she'll stop anytime soon. Look at people older than her - the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, and Bob Dylan. They all still put out music.

She works harder and is more focused than any of them. I think the music will continue to come unless her directing career supplants her musical creativity.

well said, clap.gif

We'll be lucky if she releases an album in 2012. This is too long of a gap between studio albums especially

as she gets older and older. Not even a soundtrack single to wet our appetites.

What makes people think she'll stop soon? Look at Donna Summer she went roughly 15 years between 1991's Mistaken Identity and 2008's Crayons and shes now set to release two albums shortly. Madonna will keep going but the gaps will always be random. Plus we got a live album this year anyway.

Guest bluejean

She has done 4 albums every decade so far, so I would predict at least 3 this decade. I don't see how getting older means she's going to slow down with recording. Obviously she won't be able to do tours that are as physically demanding but I'm certain she will still do them fairly often.

Guest bluejean

Plus we got a live album this year anyway.

:lmao:

It has only been 2 years since the last album. Of course she'll put something out in 2011, that's only a 3, maybe 3 and a 1/2 year gap which is pretty standard for most proper artists.

Guest bluejean

plenty of singers make albums until the day they die, so, why can't she keep making them as long as she lives? Even when she leaves us, I wouldn't be surprised if she releases albums ala Tupak :lol: and breaks his records :lmao:

I doubt that last part. She doesn't seem to record alot of songs that don't make the albums. Most of the leftovers we've heard, it's pretty obvious why they were left off.

I doubt that last part. She doesn't seem to record alot of songs that don't make the albums. Most of the leftovers we've heard, it's pretty obvious why they were left off.

I still hope one day she/they will release Gone Gone Gone. :)

just look at the wonders that a 4-yr MADONNA Gap between albums could do.... :electropop:

us fans should know better, MADONNA loves music... i think several spins of Don't Tell Me is in order....

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Rock is different to pop when it comes to aging. Madonna at 70 gyrating on stage to the newest RedOne2030 dance song would just look lame. Unless she changes her sound a lot as she gets older or something. I love her, but i really don't want her becoming a CHER with cheesy pop music and big groups of gays behind her dancing poofter like and Madonna boppiong to the beat but unable to actually dance because her knees are too old. That's a bit of a "washed up gay icon mess" imo.

I'm sure music will always be there in SOME form though, even if just in small doses, but i can see her throwing in the towel to touring and the "POP STAR LIFESTYLE" eventually. Movie directing is her future imo.

I'd say she's set for the next decade and that MAY be it. She'll always be doing SOMETHING creative though, she's too hungry.

Guest northernlad

In the few short years she has left ( :( ), I think she'll have

8 albums/EP's

+

5 spectacle tours

1 singing tour

3 films

2 more adopted children

14 Jesus-clones

1 new religion

1 autobio

1 failed political bid

0 Oscars

countless charitable activities

& a shitload of fans feeling pretty damn stupid in 2030.

Rock is different to pop when it comes to aging.

I am not sure I know of any true "pop singers" in their 60's. Dance pop didn't become a traditional staple since the late 70's and early 80's. I am not sure we really have anyone in that realm to compare her too. I always considered the Beatles more pop than rock, and Elvis more R&B than rock, but Paul McCartney is the only artist alive from that group of performers. He's the closest thing we have to see the future through.

I dunno. My gut says she'll keep going as long as she can. After all, if anyone said 10 years ago (after her rebirth with the magnificence of Ray of Light) that Madonna would be singing "see my booty get down" to an electro-hiphop groove at age 50, we'd all be laughing at them.

Yet lo and behold... :)

I am not sure I know of any true "pop singers" in their 60's. Dance pop didn't become a traditional staple since the late 70's and early 80's. I am not sure we really have anyone in that realm to compare her too. I always considered the Beatles more pop than rock, and Elvis more R&B than rock, but Paul McCartney is the only artist alive from that group of performers. He's the closest thing we have to see the future through.

I dunno. My gut says she'll keep going as long as she can. After all, if anyone said 10 years ago (after her rebirth with the magnificence of Ray of Light) that Madonna would be singing "see my booty get down" to an electro-hiphop groove at age 50, we'd all be laughing at them.

Yet lo and behold... :)

exactly, cubb talking out of his ass again

Rock is different to pop when it comes to aging. Madonna at 70 gyrating on stage to the newest RedOne2030 dance song would just look lame. Unless she changes her sound a lot as she gets older or something. I love her, but i really don't want her becoming a CHER with cheesy pop music and big groups of gays behind her dancing poofter like and Madonna boppiong to the beat but unable to actually dance because her knees are too old. That's a bit of a "washed up gay icon mess" imo.

I'm sure music will always be there in SOME form though, even if just in small doses, but i can see her throwing in the towel to touring and the "POP STAR LIFESTYLE" eventually. Movie directing is her future imo.

I'd say she's set for the next decade and that MAY be it. She'll always be doing SOMETHING creative though, she's too hungry.

I agree with you there 100%, which is very rare btw.

I think she will change her sound as always, not everything that she has done is cheesy poop music. She will continue releasing music,I'm sure of that.