Liz Smith: Is Gaga really the 'new Madonna'?

Camacho

Careful there. Saying I'm not mentally right would classify as a "personal attack" and remember, you never ever do that, right? It's always everyone else.

Oh, and anyway....

Who posted in: The Official Lady Gaga Thread Part Deux

Member name Posts

Skin69 76

Pud Whacker 72

Topaz Scorpio 68

GetUnconscious 63

GimmeSomeMo 61

12:51 57

PAUPOWER420 52

Flip The Switch 47

Coked Up Baby Boy 44

Scrapple 27

Who posted in: The Official Lady Gaga Thread Part Trois

Member name Posts

Pud Whacker 83

Skin69 70

GimmeSomeMo 70

GetUnconscious 70

12:51 34

XXL 31

Therealalejandro 31

PAUPOWER420 28

MaddysMuff 26

theXX 26

Who posted in: The Official Lady Gaga Thread IV

Member name Posts

Skin69 95

Flip The Switch 50

Pud Whacker 43

Queen Bitch 41

GetUnconscious 41

glittercandy 32

LSD 32

West Lake Prayer 31

MaddysMuff 29

Scrapple 28

Who posted in: The New Lady Gaga Thread

Member name Posts

Artlust 75

GetUnconscious 72

Queen Bitch 53

Skin69 51

LSD 44

Shawarma 34

Flip The Switch 34

Coked Up Baby Boy 29

IsaacHarris 28

Scrapple 25

muse 25

PAUPOWER420 25

Pud Whacker 24

Who posted in: The Official Lady Gaga Thread

Member name Posts

GetUnconscious 85

Coked Up Baby Boy 52

Queen Bitch 48

Skin69 46

Topaz Scorpio 38

Flip The Switch 36

ursaminorjim 35

Shawarma 35

PAUPOWER420 35

Narendra Sen 34

muse 27

Pud Whacker 26

So, you're right. You NEVER spend any time discussing her.

lol.gif (is that smiley better for you? don't want you to have a meltdown there)

DAMN!! :clap:

Guest nothingfails0603

:lmao: Poor Brit. But I dont think her fans expect pieces of pop art from her at this point though. Simple dance tunes with no vision or thought put into them (at least from her end) are enough, which is fine.

I do think in the past few years Brit's made the best music of her career, and it's damn good dance-pop music, but I remember thinking divorce (LAP) + baby (ROL) was going to make for this huge artistic turnaround for Britney that was going to win over skeptics who hated her from the onset, and instead she gives us Gimme More, hardly Frozen or Oh Father :lmao:

No. The point was that in the time it took Madonna to release three albums with 15 top 40 hits, it will have taken Gaga the same time to release the same album 3 times. Fame. Fame monster. Fame monster remixes. Duh. Oh well...

How is The Fame Monster the same album as The Fame?

Guest jamesshot

Did anyone seriously think Brit-Brit was going to amount to shit?

No talent. No voice. Idiotic personality. My god, she shouldn't even have been allowed to meet Madonna much less ever be considered as the next Madonna.

Like I said, Lady Gaga is interesting and has talent. I like many of her songs. However, it ain't gonna last. She doesn't have the diversity to last methinks. Though PLEASE overshadow Beyonce'. Talk about grating!

I do think in the past few years Brit's made the best music of her career, and it's damn good dance-pop music, but I remember thinking divorce (LAP) + baby (ROL) was going to make for this huge artistic turnaround for Britney that was going to win over skeptics who hated her from the onset, and instead she gives us Gimme More, hardly Frozen or Oh Father :lmao:

Only an artist can have an artistic turnaround.

Did anyone seriously think Brit-Brit was going to amount to shit?

No talent. No voice. Idiotic personality. My god, she shouldn't even have been allowed to meet Madonna much less ever be considered as the next Madonna.

Her fans thought she'd eventually morph into something worthwhile :lmao: but now Gaga is here so let's just forget about that mess.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

No. The point was that in the time it took Madonna to release three albums with 15 top 40 hits, it will have taken Gaga the same time to release the same album 3 times. Fame. Fame monster. Fame monster remixes. Duh. Oh well...

And it's still wrong.

Next...

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Please Puddy never stop posting here we need you here or this place will soon be filled up with Scorpios

He may be needed here but you aren't.

Time for a nice *FLUSH*.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Is this true? Does Pud Whacker make a living from posting on this board? It's the most absurd claim I've heard in a long time. What I've found about him, is that he sends people out to do his dirty work. So he doesn't look so bad. Sorry, alejandro. Alejandro. You're either a pawn or his boyfriend. Either way, you should be pitied.

You are a star. disco.giflol.gif

Guest Pud Whacker

:rotfl:

why dont you guys start pud revelations? i mean really. the ridiculous obsession and devout attention is unbelievable. if this type of pack attack was about anyone else, it would not fly. its personal and very very weird. all because im not fond of a pop star and am at a madonna board with admiration for her.

i have not said ONE THING about maddysmuff and in every section from pop princess to here to politics he has some negative personal commentary regarding me. its a bit alarming.

Guest jamesshot

Her fans thought she'd eventually morph into something worthwhile :lmao: but now Gaga is here so let's just forget about that mess.

You have no idea how hard I laughed when I read that. So fucking true.

Guest jamesshot

why dont you guys start pud revelations? i mean really. the ridiculous obsession and devout attention is unbelievable. if this type of pack attack was about anyone else, it would not fly. its personal and very very weird. all because im not fond of a pop star and am at a madonna board with admiration for her.

i have not said ONE THING about maddysmuff and in every section from pop princess to here to politics he has some negative personal commentary regarding me. its a bit alarming.

I heart you Pud! :)

I don't really comment about Gaga anywhere but I have to ask:

1. Why is it automatically assumed that she is going to have a MEGA SUCCESSFUL career ala Madonna?

2. Why do the Gaga fans get so defensive if someone implies she may NOT be the "next Madonna" in the sense that she's going to have a 30+ year career?

3. Why do people act surprised that some Madonna fans get a little irritated that others treat Gaga as if she is equal to or in some cases surpasses Madonna (yes I have read that here before)?

Some of the Gaga fans have almost an arrogance when it comes to her. That's fine with a veteran artist....I guess....I can even understand it with Mariah. But with some drugged up (yet creative) chick who hasn't even been out 2 years? Come on now....

Let the girl prove herself THEN get all arrogant and cocky about it.

Guest valhum

1. Why is it automatically assumed that she is going to have a MEGA SUCCESSFUL career ala Madonna?

2. Why do the Gaga fans get so defensive if someone implies she may NOT be the "next Madonna" in the sense that she's going to have a 30+ year career?

3. Why do people act surprised that some Madonna fans get a little irritated that others treat Gaga as if she is equal to or in some cases surpasses Madonna (yes I have read that here before)?

Some of the Gaga fans have almost an arrogance when it comes to her. That's fine with a veteran artist....I guess....I can even understand it with Mariah. But with some drugged up (yet creative) chick who hasn't even been out 2 years? Come on now....

NICEEE!!!

Better put than anyone :thumbsup: I fully agree. This is what I try to tell all the little fan boys (not the ones on here I mean the ones I know in person) when they drag Madonna (and even Mariah :nocomment: ) down.

Guest Therealalejandro

You are a star. disco.giflol.gif

You are both utterly clueless. You have no idea who you are communicating with, which only reinforces the irrelevance of your inflationary assessments of Joanne. This is a Madonna thread...The prevalent notion is that Madonna deserves a little more context, and more importantly, her legacy demands respect. Neither of you seems capable of either. Instead you sidetrack and attack and dismiss individuals for doing what ultimately makes sense on a forum dedicated to Madonna: To defend her in the face of troll worship seems perfectly legitimate here. If it were anywhere else I would admit the shortcomings you imply, but it really has no bearing here. I think that is fundamentally what seems to fuel these attacks and disagreements. It's simply misplaced. I respect that you might truly enjoy Joanne, but you also certainly seem uninterested in Madonna other than to fuel your passion for this ugly fabrication Gaga and so i simply wonder why you don't just take your incendiary comments to a place where there are other admirers of her identity theft and marketing travesty.

He's just a bit strange like that. He did the same to me for a while. Maybe he is lonely? Or jealous? :wacko:

Guest groovyguy

:thumbsup:

You have answered the questions perfectly. Arrogance and cockiness!

Guest groovyguy

You are both utterly clueless. You have no idea who you are communicating with, which only reinforces the irrelevance of your inflationary assessments of Joanne. This is a Madonna thread...The prevalent notion is that Madonna deserves a little more context, and more importantly, her legacy demands respect. Neither of you seems capable of either. Instead you sidetrack and attack and dismiss individuals for doing what ultimately makes sense on a forum dedicated to Madonna: To defend her in the face of troll worship seems perfectly legitimate here. If it were anywhere else I would admit the shortcomings you imply, but it really has no bearing here. I think that is fundamentally what seems to fuel these attacks and disagreements. It's simply misplaced. I respect that you might truly enjoy Joanne, but you also certainly seem uninterested in Madonna other than to fuel your passion for this ugly fabrication Gaga and so i simply wonder why you don't just take your incendiary comments to a place where there are other admirers of her identity theft and marketing travesty.

:clap:

and we're supposed to take it all seriously when they did the same for Britney.

I liked GaGa for all of 5 minutes but I have already grown extremely bored with the over-saturation and the contrived nature of her work. The re-release of The Fame/Fame Monster was simply unnecessary other than to pump more money out of the public. The best songs on The Fame album were not even released. Bad Romance is a good pop song but Telephone is childish throwaway annoying crap.

As for her videos...she is already guilty of re-repeating herself with similar themes and styles since the Paparazzi video. There is nothing groundbreaking here. Although fair do's to the girl for investing a bit of time and effort and a lot of money into her visual persona (something Madonna has lost interest in).

Only time will tell if GaGa will last longer than the next pop tart to become a superstar legend. Let's face it though - she ain't no Madonna...she has hardly reinvented herself by scraping the barrel in terms of costumes and design...Kermit the Frog outfits and lace masks scream desperation more than global style icon. Let's look at the icons and legends - Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Madonna.....erm, Lady GaGa? She doesn't quite fit in to that list...yet! Besides she has to be the most unfortunate looking one on the list. :nocomment:

Guest Pud Whacker

I liked GaGa for all of 5 minutes but I have already grown extremely bored with the over-saturation and the contrived nature of her work. The re-release of The Fame/Fame Monster was simply unnecessary other than to pump more money out of the public. The best songs on The Fame album were not even released. Bad Romance is a good pop song but Telephone is childish throwaway annoying crap.

As for her videos...she is already guilty of re-repeating herself with similar themes and styles since the Paparazzi video. There is nothing groundbreaking here. Although fair do's to the girl for investing a bit of time and effort and a lot of money into her visual persona (something Madonna has lost interest in).

Only time will tell if GaGa will last longer than the next pop tart to become a superstar legend. Let's face it though - she ain't no Madonna...she has hardly reinvented herself by scraping the barrel in terms of costumes and design...Kermit the Frog outfits and lace masks scream desperation more than global style icon. Let's look at the icons and legends - Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Madonna.....erm, Lady GaGa? She doesn't quite fit in to that list...yet! Besides she has to be the most unfortunate looking one on the list. :nocomment:

Drugged up?

I know she' quirky....creative...whatever. But some of the things I've read her say and some of the interviews I've seen of her, there is just no other explantaion. I'm not hating on her...I'd probably do the same if I were her. :) I don't HATE Gaga, in fact I've enjoyed some of her stuff.

I just find it funny that some take her as seriously as the gospel and can't/don't want to see "that side" of her.