Why is Madonna lumped alongside the J. Lo's, Paula's and Britney's?

Guest nothingfails0603

I fucking hate I'm Breathless. Except for Vogue.

Hanky Wanky :zombie:

I used to think that. It's not her best by any means, but "Hanky Panky" grew on me after the surprise and great revival on RIT, it's just a benign novelty song.

You don't even like "Sooner or Later", "He's A Man" or "Something To Remember"? Those at least make it worthwhile. And "More" is alright for what it is. The rest though ranges from bad (What Can You Lose) to FUCKING HIDEOUS (Cry Baby, I'm Going Bananas) *shudder*

And Vogue is a completely out of place tack on that has nothing to do with the album that Warners added to ensure sales.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

If i want throwback, i can think of much better albums to listen to.

I just find it all so annoying sounding.

Some of it's OK, but i just don't care for it as a whole and have only ever heard it a couple times in full. It's boring.

Guest edsalas

I fucking hate I'm Breathless. Except for Vogue.

Hanky Wanky :zombie:

BLASPHEMY!!!! :shocked: :shocked: I'm Breathless is one of Madonna's best albums ever. It's a masterpiece.

Guest edsalas

it is :thumbsup:

CUMM has no idea ... as usual

Thank you, Muse!! At last someone who understands the brilliance of I'm Breathless!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest edsalas

Yes!! I'm Breathless is one of her best!

YAAAAAY, one more person who appreciates I'm Breathless. Thank you, Narendra. You're a gem. :) :)

^Yes. It's no masterpiece, but it shows the versatility and that she can hand;e material like that. her voice isn't perfect on all the tracks, but she does fine.

"Cry Baby" is one of the album's worst tracks, but it does suit the Breathless character well, doesn't it? "I'm Going Bananas"? Aside from "Vogue," that's the oddest track of the bunch, in terms of not fitting in. I guess maybe Carmen Miranda was popular in that era? Dunno. M justifies "Vogue's" inclusion by saying it pays homage to the stars of that era- fair enough.

I still can't believe "Vogue" was going to remain a B-side if someone didn't open his mouth. Wonder what led her to record it in the first place? Nightshade, where's the genesis for "Vogue"? :D

Guest edsalas

I personally don't like Cry Baby but it does make me laugh because of the voice Madonna uses, a la Nikki Finn and the accent she uses. I guess for that song she just poked fun at herself and not really caring about performing a contrived and the ultimate masterpiece. And yes, Carmen Miranda actually was popular in the 30's and 40's (the time in which Dick Tracy takes place) especially before her untimely death. And I'm Going Bananas rocks!!! Even Madonna herself once said that I'm Breathless was her favorite out of all her albums.

Oh good lord this. It really makes me wonder if these people actually listen to the music or just follow these artists because of their costuming and chat show appearances.

I'm sick of the "MY Diva is God/Jesus and your favorites are hasbeens and suck" crap.

Sometimes I'm rather glad that I just stand on the sidelines. I'd like to think that I'm the Joel and the 'Bots (remember MST3K?) of UKMix, Flop of the Pops and Pulse Music. I make witty comments and it usually just flies right over their heads. It's especially amusing to do it to Mariah, Beyonce and Gaga fans.

Edited by BrokenButterfly