Jason Derulo To Work With Madonna!

moe

Um. I'm not trying to be anyone. I just don't get why anybody would waste their time judging a record before even hearing it. I mean, I don't like EVERYTHING that M has done, but I do think she is pretty amazing and that's why I'm a fan. Not because she unearths the latest and greatest. Timbalands sound on Hard Candy was formulaic and old, but that doesn't mean it was bad material and she certainly performed the hell out of those songs when I saw her live. Tell me, hearing she was working with which producer would make you happy? I am actually super fucking excited for a new album.

:clap::bow::clap:

Guest bluejean

I actually like his album. He's like a more pop version of Chris Brown. More dancey and not that far from where Madonna is at.

I think a duet would be too much though, especially as a single. No more duets please.

I actually like his album. He's like a more pop version of Chris Brown. More dancey and not that far from where Madonna is at.

I think a duet would be too much though, especially as a single. No more duets please.

That's just it... most people are simply judging this "supposed" rumor of them working together based on the one song... "Watchasay" single. Whether you like the song or not, it's gotten a lot of airplay and positive attention. (In my opinion, his follow up single... "In My Head" is much better). And listening to his other songs on the album, there are some cool songs which I can see why Madonna MAY be interested in working with him. The bonus track "Strobe Light" screams Madonna. It's pretty much up her alley.

I'm just saying... if Madonna is truly interested in a possible resurgent of radio airplay in the U.S., I can understand why she would want to work with this artist among other hot artists of the day.

If any of this true, and even if the two did work together, this is definitely probably the beginning stages to see what they may come up with. Madonna could totally ditch whatever the two come up with, or she may devote her album around what he may bring to the table. This idea that Madonna just relinquishes all her creativity to whomever she works with is just ridiculous. In the end, she is the one who has the final say if she wants it part of her album or not. And yes, I agree it's quite silly to judge how bad or even good something may be based on NOTHING that has been heard. It's possible that putting their heads together, they can create something awesome that may or may not relate to their past work.

Dance2Nite at the MTRIBE forum posted this:

I heard a radio interview with Jason Derulo (who is currently on tour in Australia) on Nova 100, here in Melbourne yesterday afternoon and the interview asked him what is coming up for him?, and Jason said he is submitting tracks he was written for Madonna and J Rotem has produced them, he said he was unsure if Madonna would use them for her forthcoming album or not? He did say that a group called P Square has also submitted tracks to Madonna, but i don't have a clue who they are?

So, i guess we will just have to see what happens?

The PSquare mention seems to verify another (different) source over at Fanzine that stated on Feb. 11 that Madonna was looking to incorporate afro-beat sounds into her next record by having PSquare (a Nigerian R&B duo - identical twins no less) do some songwriting for her.

The PSquare mention seems to verify another (different) source over at Fanzine that stated on Feb. 11 that Madonna was looking to incorporate afro-beat sounds into her next record by having PSquare (a Nigerian R&B duo - identical twins no less) do some songwriting for her.

There could be some truth to this since Madonna was seen attending the musical Fela twice which is based on Afro-beat music from Nigeria.

EDIT:

Derulo has denied the rumors that he is writing for Madonna:

http://www.novafm.com.au/Audio_Jason-Derulo-is-the-Wizard-of-Oz_97031?s=128

This radio interview is from 4 days ago and clearly contradicts what people at MTRIBE have posted. Unless of course, Madonna's team reminded him to keep his mouth shut and he backtracked.

Guest dance2nite

My contact/friend at Nova, told me that news about Jason working with Madonna and i have now heard the interview and it is simply not true, i don't know about P Square though, that may be true?

I will have a good talking to my Nova source and lieing to me, he knows i'm a huge Madonna fan, it was probably his April Fools joke?