Sticky & Sweet DVD/CD, Blu-Ray

Guest Danny86

Guest Danny86

Released in the last week of March in Europe, April 6th in the US.

CD tracklist:

01 Candy Shop

02 Beat Goes On

03 Human Nature

04 Vogue

05 She's Not Me

06 Music

07 Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

08 Spanish Lesson

09 La Isla Bonita

10 You Must Love Me

11 Get Stupid

12 Like A Prayer

13 Give It 2 Me

DVD features 30 minutes of behind the scenes footage. Blu-Ray has no bonus CD.

Okay I really dont mean to sound like an ingrate or anything since I AM grateful that she is releasing this, but why does she think all the latest shows are worthy of an accompanying CD? Is it contractual? Is it a creative decision?

it's contractual. it counts as 0.25 of an album, which means, releasing 4 of this is the same as releasing a full album.

Guest Danny86

it's contractual. it counts as 0.25 of an album, which means, releasing 4 of this is the same as releasing a full album.

Are you saying even the NEXT tour is gonna have another 13 track live CD filled with interludes? :doh:

most likely, yes. her last contract with warner went like this

Celebration - 0.5 album

HC - 1 album

CT - 0.25 album

IGTTYAS - 0.25 album

COADF - 1 album

American Life - 1 album

which makes 4 albums

Celebration - 0.5 album

HC - 1 album

CT - 0.25 album

IGTTYAS - 0.25 album

COADF - 1 album

American Life - 1 album

which makes 4 albums

What about the EP album R&R?

Don't know about it. I believe it counts as a single, not as a part album. I could be wrong though, but I think it counts as a single.

Celebration - 0.5 album

HC - 1 album

CT - 0.25 album

IGTTYAS - 0.25 album

COADF - 1 album

American Life - 1 album

which makes 4 albums

Huh? :confused: Where did you get that idea?

Most recording contracts don't stipulate albums that way. Madonna's contract with Time-Warner was for seven studio albums in 1992 (4 new albums plus the 3 she still owed Sire at the time). It was reported that way by Rolling Stone and Billboard. The Evita soundtrack was negotiated separately according to Variety.

1. Erotica

2. Bedtime Stories

3. Ray of Light

4. Music

5. American Life

6. Confessions on a Dance Floor

7. Hard Candy

The additional greatest hits (STR, GHV2, and Celebration) were probably included via additional clauses, but I've never heard of compilations adding up that way to count as an album.

Guest Danny86

Nightshade, are you sure about that? The last album to have Sire written on it was Bedtime Stories so there was only 2 albums under Sire released after contract signed. Also, wasn't there a new contract in 2001 or something?

The compilations are stipulated separately, as we know that for 2 years. But I can't imagine her 1992 contract already containing 3 compilations (STR counted here), especially since Madonna was against releasing GHV2, but there wouldn't have been room for more compilations then, unless the AL remix album was meant to count like one...

Remixed & Revisited was probably a one off thing as well.

Great news!!! I'm so excited for this release!!! I wish they would have included the 2009 show as well though, I have a feeling they already have produced the DVD and it has been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for the past 6 months.

Nightshade, are you sure about that? The last album to have Sire written on it was Bedtime Stories so there was only 2 albums under Sire released after contract signed. Also, wasn't there a new contract in 2001 or something?

Her 1992 deal was technically through Time-Warner as a whole since it encompassed lots of multimedia components. Her original contract was with Sire Records which was a subsidiary of Warner Bros. since 1978 and later both entities were absorbed into Time-Warner. I don't think it mattered to Warner Bros. what label name was on her albums since they owned Sire anyway. I think a number of artists at Warner have been shifted around to various labels under the WEA umbrella over the years. I don't think the album spine needed to say SIRE for it to count toward a contract.

The compilations are stipulated separately, as we know that for 2 years. But I can't imagine her 1992 contract already containing 3 compilations (STR counted here), especially since Madonna was against releasing GHV2, but there wouldn't have been room for more compilations then, unless the AL remix album was meant to count like one...

Remixed & Revisited was probably a one off thing as well.

As I said, I think Greatest Hits or other compilations were added later as additional clauses or something. I don't know her specific situation but since Liz Rosenberg said at the time that Hard Candy was released that Madonna "still owes Warner a GH set" - I would imagine that was agreed upon earlier and written into the contract. I also didn't know that Madonna was against releasing GHV2? I know she wasn't keen on the idea, but as far as I knew, she had final approval to reject releases if she didn't want them done. Someone at UKMix suggested this "veto power" was in her 1992 contract or else we would've seen a ton of compilations by Warner at this point to cash in on her legacy (much like has been done by Prince and MJJ) - and with Madonna we haven't seen that yet.

As for the original topic of this thread - I am very excited for the DVD+CD. I think they include the live CD for two reasons:

1. To make the package more attractive as a whole to casual fans who want to purchase it. More material to justify the price.

2. Since she reinvents so many of her songs - they are pretty much completely different from the album versions already in circulation - hardcore fans now have an opportunity to own them.

Madonna negotiated a new contract with Warners early this decade. The only details released at the time were that she was "really happy" with the terms. There was nothing more mentioned about her Warners contract until the Live Nation deal. It's highly unlikely that the contract she signed in 1992 was still in force in 2008 (i.e. that HC was released under the same contract as "Erotica").

Huh? :confused: Where did you get that idea?

Most recording contracts don't stipulate albums that way. Madonna's contract with Time-Warner was for seven studio albums in 1992 (4 new albums plus the 3 she still owed Sire at the time). It was reported that way by Rolling Stone and Billboard. The Evita soundtrack was negotiated separately according to Variety.

1. Erotica

2. Bedtime Stories

3. Ray of Light

4. Music

5. American Life

6. Confessions on a Dance Floor

7. Hard Candy

The additional greatest hits (STR, GHV2, and Celebration) were probably included via additional clauses, but I've never heard of compilations adding up that way to count as an album.

Well, that's what I read some time ago at Mtribe. Now, as for a 16-year-contract, I see no sense in that. She renewed her contract in 2001, right after Music came out in late 2000.

I also didn't know that Madonna was against releasing GHV2? I know she wasn't keen on the idea, but as far as I knew, she had final approval to reject releases if she didn't want them done. Someone at UKMix suggested this "veto power" was in her 1992 contract or else we would've seen a ton of compilations by Warner at this point to cash in on her legacy (much like has been done by Prince and MJJ) - and with Madonna we haven't seen that yet.

Yes, she was 100% against GHV2, that's why we didn't get a commercial single release of the Megamix, nor a new song or anything but promotional material. Everything was approved without her consent, as Warner thought it would be a "wise move" to release a follow up to TIC and then promote DWT with it (needless to say they thought 2001 would be 1990 all over again)

Just glad that S&S is being released , I dont wanna complain been waiting for this for ages at least theres a concrete date of release. Just wondring when will be the release in other parts of the globe. Gonna have to call my friend from Japan again to get a hold of these asap. or it may be available thru Amazon or last resort would be freakin e bay....