"Celebration": Forthcoming Video Discussion

What a joke. Madonna has had every single haircut out there and worn all the possible outfits in the world. To say that shes taking inspiration from her own new Madonna WANNABE is fucking stupid. Gaga didnt invent and wore first that haircut, and neither the jacket, pls.

Exactly! It's like so obvious!! :rolleyes:

GaGa is HERE because of Madonna. Anything GaGa does springs from the well of Madonna, so who cares if M takes some back. She's already been accused of borrowing from Kylie. Who cares? I think M looks great and I can't wait to see the video. I don't give a fuck if the commoners say she looks like GaGa because she pre-dates her by 15 years.

Madonna IS the template.

Guest ursaminorjim

This is a TV ad, not the video, images are taken from the video.

This sentence makes absolutely no sense.

Are the images in this thread taken from the video, from a TV ad, or from both?

Guest BrentVanZant

This sentence makes absolutely no sense.

Are the images in this thread taken from the video, from a TV ad, or from both?

the screen-caps here are taken from the TV ad. the Madonna you can see in these screen-caps (and of course the TV ad) is from the actual video for 'Celebration', yet the background was swapped with animated doodles for the purpose of the TV ad (in order to match the rest of the commercial).

Guest ursaminorjim

^big surprise there. don't you think HATE is such a strong word? Do you really understand the concept of HATING something and what it actually says about the person whom is doing the HATING?

God, I hate it when people act like they're somehow better than others for not using the word "hate" so indiscriminately.

Guest Pud Whacker

Reminds me of Debbie Harry's video for Sweet And Low

except madonna MOVES. too bad debbie was so stiff after her stroke she couldnt move in that video.

Guest hot revolver

except madonna MOVES. too bad debbie was so stiff after her stroke she couldnt move in that video.

Of course Madonna moves shes a dancer. Im not a fan of debbie but shes not really a dancer so its not really her fault.

Guest Pud Whacker

Of course Madonna moves shes a dancer. Im not a fan of debbie but shes not really a dancer so its not really her fault.

she can barely walk. have you seen forever lulu? the woman is as stiff as a board. LITERALLY.

^big surprise there. don't you think HATE is such a strong word? Do you really understand the concept of HATING something and what it actually says about the person whom is doing the HATING?

yes, it says that I have an entitled opinion as a well versed MADONNA LOON.

• Main Entry: 1hate
  • Pronunciation: \ˈhāt\
  • Function: noun
  • Usage: often attributive
  • Etymology: Middle English, from Old English hete; akin to Old High German haz hate, Greek kēdos care
  • Date: before 12th century

1 a : intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from anger, or sense of injury b : extreme dislike or antipathy : loathing <had a great hate of hard work>

2 : an object of hatred ( such as a Madonna video wig) <a generation whose finest hate had been big business — F. L. Paxson>

nuff said.

*prays that the album version is used for the video*

i dont think it is. But I am sure someone will dub the album version for the video on youtube, kinda like with Kylie "The One" video.

---

I love the screencaps she looks great

oh...

i'm surprised with these pics

looking good but can't say too much about it yet

but is it just me... or wasn't this video suppose to be just random footage of things? atleast that's the impression I got when they talked about it in the first place.. now this actually looks like it's gonna be a "real" video...

too late though

well well

bring it on !

Guest waiting

I must be the only one who thinks it looks awful. I hate paint splatter graphics so I wasn't sold on the Celebration art direction in the first place.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

GaGa is HERE because of Madonna. Anything GaGa does springs from the well of Madonna, so who cares if M takes some back. She's already been accused of borrowing from Kylie. Who cares? I think M looks great and I can't wait to see the video. I don't give a fuck if the commoners say she looks like GaGa because she pre-dates her by 15 years.

Madonna IS the template.

As others have stated here, Gaga shares much with other 80's artists like Cyndi Lauper and Dale Bozzio plus others like Bowie and of course M is in there too. She's "ripping off" M just as much as M "ripped off" Marilyn, Marlene, Bowie, Deborah Harry, Michael Jackson, etc.

I don't see M as even ripping on Gaga with this outfit. It's not THAT outrageous of a dress. And there have always been wacky fashions out there, there just hasn't been as many high profile acts sporting them for awhile like Gaga or Roisin or even Gwen to an extent have over the past few years. The 80's had lots of singers in crazy get-ups like Cyndi, Boy George, and Grace Jones, and this trend of singers doing it again now is just a revival. Everything is cyclical.