"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

What makes you think the general opinion among fans agrees with those tracks? TB is not a loved song at all and it seems people want it on this GH only for the sake of it (or because they are obsessed with the hits omitted from TIC getting spotlight), not because of the song's actual merits. Myself and probably several other fans gladly take "Everybody" over the 3 songs you listed.

Also, "Deeper And Deeper" is becoming one of her most overrated songs ever. I don't know who decided that it's among her most essential songs, because it never was, except for the fans who discovered Madonna in 1992-93. Is it because it was the opening song on GHV2 or what? The only chance it could be on Celebration is if "Erotica" was dropped, because there's no room for 2 songs from that album and very naive to think Warner would all of a sudden do some Erotica re-evaluation.

Sorry but I'm jumping in here. Deeper and Deeper is a true dance gem and was a top ten hit. The GH is already bloated with all 5 singles from the first album and we get 1 from the Erotica album. Burning Up and Everybody

should be omitted from the tracklisting and replaced with Deeper and Deeper and Rain.

3 songs from the first album & 3 songs from Erotica.

Sorry but I'm jumping in here. Deeper and Deeper is a true dance gem and was a top ten hit. The GH is already bloated with all 5 singles from the first album and we get 1 from the Erotica album. Burning Up and Everybody

should be omitted from the tracklisting and replaced with Deeper and Deeper and Rain.

Get over it.

Get over it.

I will soon.

The tracklisting is shit. I'll buy it when those copies are tossed in

the bargain bin.

3 songs from the first album & 3 songs from Erotica.

I agree. There should be more Erotica tracks on this shitty GH album. This tracklisting is identical to the IC tracklisting with a few others thrown in. How Deeper And Deeper could be left off in favour of tracks like Everybody and Die Another Day is fucked up!

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Deeper and Deeper is NOT essential for this release. I love it to, but it can easily be left off in favor of other songs imo.

Well, there are definitely a few non-essential tracks for a hits collection, most notably "Burning Up" and "Miles Away," but it's certainly going to have a lot more HITS than most artists' collections.

If "Playground" or "Rain" and "Deeper And Deeper" were here, it would be perfect in my eyes ... but I'll settle for close to perfect.

ETA: it does amuse me that people think "Deeper And Deeper" wasn't a big hit ... it was #7 on Hot 100, #1 on R&R's pop chart (KC's Top 40 at the time), and #1 in the clubs. Guess we all have our own idea of a big hit song.

Everybody is ESSENTIAL. before all her ray of lighters came along everybody was a big hit in the early 80's even though it didnt chart. it was being played well throughout the 80's in clubs - latino, black, gay, straight. thats what her early fans know and that is the song that got the party started.

if anything, they should replace erotica with deeper and deeper. with justify my love on there, nobody needs the stupid justify my love wannabe, erotica.

and this is the final word on that.

WHAT???

oh no she did NOT!!!

we are totally like not friends, i can not believe you

I agree. There should be more Erotica tracks on this shitty GH album. This tracklisting is identical to the IC tracklisting with a few others thrown in. How Deeper And Deeper could be left off in favour of tracks like Everybody and Die Another Day is fucked up!

I love her Erotica album and obviously you do too :D

To have one track represented and those fillers (Everybody, Burning Up, etc.) added is a crime.

This whole GH is one big mess. I would wait for it in the bargain bin or get it as a gift.

I would spend my money on better things.

I can't see many people buying the single. I think most would pay that little bit more for the 18 more songs.

Well, I wonder which stores will stock more of... the 2 CD set or 1 CD set. I suspect the 1 CD set could be the top seller for people just wanting some of her best hits on one album. I also can see some people just being confused with both sets being available. Of course, fans are well aware the difference, but some people may not care to differentiate between the two. I suspect Madonna and company are hoping to cover all basis here to appeal to the casual fans who don't own all her songs and wish to pick either collection.

But of course, being a huge fan I can see why we would rather spend the extra few dollars for the 2 CD set.

Well, there are definitely a few non-essential tracks for a hits collection, most notably "Burning Up" and "Miles Away," but it's certainly going to have a lot more HITS than most artists' collections.

If "Playground" or "Rain" and "Deeper And Deeper" were here, it would be perfect in my eyes ... but I'll settle for close to perfect.

ETA: it does amuse me that people think "Deeper And Deeper" wasn't a big hit ... it was #7 on Hot 100, #1 on R&R's pop chart (KC's Top 40 at the time), and #1 in the clubs. Guess we all have our own idea of a big hit song.

Deeper and Deeper was a hit you're right. It's shit like Everybody that's taking up much needed space on the double CD. This is suppose to be a HITS collection.

I love her Erotica album and obviously you do too :D

To have one track represented and those fillers (Everybody, Burning Up, etc.) added is a crime.

This whole GH is one big mess. I would wait for it in the bargain bin or get it as a gift.

I would spend my money on better things.

I don't see it as "one big mess". I understand your point about "Deeper and Deeper" may have been a bigger hit in terms to the first two singles, but those first two singles were never included on any of her GH's. So here is the chance. If we're going to nix anything, it should be "Miles Away" for "Rain" if we're talking about adding another track from Erotica.

And while chart wise those two old tracks may have not scored very well, both have become huge classics from her catalog. "Everybody" started it all for her and while it may not been a huge radio song at the time, it was a huge club hit. I do feel that it's essential to include this song for sure. And I think we all felt it was a given to include it on a set like this. At the same time, "Burning Up" was a complete surprise for me.

But of course, this is providing the latest track list is accurate.

I can't see many people buying the single. I think most would pay that little bit more for the 18 more songs.

If anything, it will be loon fans who buy the 1 CD version. I certainly wouldn't buy more than one version.

Deeper and Deeper was a hit you're right. It's shit like Everybody that's taking up much needed space on the double CD. This is suppose to be a HITS collection.

I totally agree with you! Everyone is apologizing for "Everybody" (which, being her first single, I can sort of understand including) and "Burning Up" because they are old school Madonna, but the fact is, they were not hits. "Hollywood" was a huge club hit and charted on the Adult Top 40 and VH1 countdowns, so I'd say it's as much of a hit as the first two.

Still, in spite of my disappointment at only one track from EROTICA and no "Playground," I still say this is a solid hits collection that far surpasses what any other artist could muster.

Everybody is ESSENTIAL. before all her ray of lighters came along everybody was a big hit in the early 80's even though it didnt chart. it was being played well throughout the 80's in clubs - latino, black, gay, straight. thats what her early fans know and that is the song that got the party started.

if anything, they should replace erotica with deeper and deeper. with justify my love on there, nobody needs the stupid justify my love wannabe, erotica.

and this is the final word on that.

That's a fan's point of view.

As a normal consumer, one will look for what are the familiar chart hits are being included, not songs that hardcore fans "think" it's a hit. I remember one of my fren commented why there's no "Rain" & "American Pie" on GHV2, and what the hell is BS, HN, DWSFL & WIFLFAG ('cos she has never heard before)? Did she buy at the end? no, too many unfamiliar tracks.

It does seem odd that some albums have so many songs put forward and some others don't but unlike most artists, she's in a tough position to choose from so many hits. How many other people can have nearly 70 singles to choose from? It's testament to her stunning back catalogue that we can get our knickers in such a twist in the first place.

I don't see it as "one big mess". I understand your point about "Deeper and Deeper" may have been a bigger hit in terms to the first two singles, but those first two singles were never included on any of her GH's. So here is the chance. If we're going to nix anything, it should be "Miles Away" for "Rain" if we're talking about adding another track from Erotica.

And while chart wise those two old tracks may have not scored very well, both have become huge classics from her catalog. "Everybody" started it all for her and while it may not been a huge radio song at the time, it was a huge club hit. I do feel that it's essential to include this song for sure. And I think we all felt it was a given to include it on a set like this. At the same time, "Burning Up" was a complete surprise for me.

But of course, this is providing the latest track list is accurate.

I don't know...there seems to be too many singles from the first album. Ok maybe keep Everybody just for the

nostalgic first club hit I guess. But Burning Up got to go.

I can't believe the track listing didn't go 100% completely your way!

I'm not the only one that feels this way. The tracklisting does suck.

Guest Pud Whacker

As a normal consumer, one will look for what are the familiar chart hits are being included, not songs that hardcore fans "think" it's a hit. I remember one of my fren commented why there's no "Rain" & "American Pie" on GHV2, and what the hell is BS, HN, DWSFL & WIFLFAG ('cos she has never heard before)? Did she buy at the end? no, too many unfamiliar tracks.

im sorry to squash whatever bizarre dreams you have horn but both everybody AND burning up are two of her biggest well known hits TO NON FANS. i dont care that they NEVER charted - people know and LOVE those WAY MORE than anything from 92 on. im just stating facts here. its her hardcore fans that are requesting these songs that the average joe doesnt know and doesnt like and doesnt care about. hence why there are 5 songs from the first album.

i dont know how old you are and what your memories are of the 80's. but those first album tracks were being played on the radio YEARS after their release. straight into the 90's. those are the REAL BONAFIDE HITS. songs that get airplay YEARS after the fact, not where they landed on the chart and the two months they survived.

im sorry to squash whatever bizarre dreams you have horn but both everybody AND burning up are two of her biggest well known hits TO NON FANS. i dont care that they NEVER charted - people know and LOVE those WAY MORE than anything from 92 on. im just stating facts here. its her hardcore fans that are requesting these songs that the average joe doesnt know and doesnt like and doesnt care about. hence why there are 5 songs from the first album.

i dont know how old you are and what your memories are of the 80's. but those first album tracks were being played on the radio YEARS after their release. straight into the 90's. those are the REAL BONAFIDE HITS. songs that get airplay YEARS after the fact, not where they landed on the chart and the two months they survived.

Preach to these morons :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker

Preach to these morons :thumbsup:

:rotfl:

well, its just the truth. this is a 25 year CELEBRATION of her greatest best known hits. its not called top 10, fan favorites or highest charters. if you notice most of the songs that are on here were the ones everyone was requesting during the first leg of the tour.

the immaculate were her immaculate untouchable hits, it was compact and perfect - hence why everybody, burning up, dress you up, true blue, whos that girl, oh father, keep it together, etc were left off.

something to forget were her coolest ballads, past and present.

GHV2 tried to pick up where the immaculate left off but her track record was destroyed by then. and for this reason alone the songs they have chosen for the 00's - die another day, dont tell me, music, hung up and 4 minutes are the REAL hits that they still play. and thats a lot for someone 25+ years in. not many other acts can say that.

if anything is up for discussion here it should be hollywood, sorry and miles away. maybe those are her picks to stick in there because once those are thrown in that TREMENDOUS mix of hits, they will become more known and appreciated - they do that often with greatest hits packages. and to be perfectly honest those songs are very melodic and fantastic and were grossly overlooked. plus, they stand with the rest - theyre great songs.

they have chosen a great bunch. yes, some were left off but thats always the case with madonna because she has soooooooooooooo many.

arrow.pngCD 1:

01) Hung Up - LP Version

02) Music - LP Version

03) Vogue - Immaculate Collection Version

04) 4 Minutes - LP Edit

05) Holiday - LP Version

06) Like A Virgin - Immaculate Collection Version

07) Into The Groove - LP Version

08) Everybody - LP Edit

09) Like A Prayer - LP Version

10) Ray Of Light - LP Version

11) Sorry - LP Edit

12) Express Yourself -Video Edit

13) Open Your Heart - Immaculate Collection Version

14) Borderline - Immaculate Collection Version

15) Secret - LP Edit

16) Erotica - LP Edit

17) Justify My Love - LP Version

18) Revolver

arrow.pngCD 2:

01) Dress You Up - LP Edit

02) Material Girl - LP Version

03) La Isla Bonita - LP Version

04) Papa Don't Preach - LP Version

05) Lucky Star - LP Edit

06) Burning Up - LP Version

07) Crazy For You - Immaculate Collection Version

08) Who's That Girl - LP Version

09) Frozen - LP Version

10) Miles Away - LP Edit

11) Take A Bow - LP Version

12) Beautiful Stranger - LP Version

13) Hollywood - LP Version

14) Die Another Day - LP Version

15) Don't Tell Me - LP Edit

16) Live To Tell - LP Version

17) Cherish - LP Edit

18) Celebration

I CAN HEAR THE VOICE OF THE LORD!!

HIS WORDS ARE ABSOLUTE :bow:

Thanks for your opinion but I'll stick to mine.

Let's see how well this GH will perform with these so-called-hits. :)

Thanks for your opinion but I'll stick to mine.

Let's see how well this GH will perform with these so-called-hits. :)

I'll stick with his, since it's based on reality. Your opinions seem to be based only on high chart placement. :crazy:

I'll stick with his, since it's based on reality. Your opinions seem to be based only on high chart placement. :crazy:

Reality?

Have you read HG's Madonna Airplay Weekly Report thread? You can find out how many times BU & Everybody were being spined. Dun be surprised if you find out shit like "Sidewalk Talk" has more spins than Everybody.

What a mess. I'm sorry but the deluded queens who think Burning Up and Everybody are recognizable as hits to non-fans are deceiving only themselves and other equally labotomized obsessed sheep. :wacko: What sort of brainless idiot would include Miles Away instead of Give It 2 Me which was an actual chart hit? True Blue should also be on this collection as it's one of her classics from the 80's and a number one chart topper (not only because it was ignored on TIC due to Madge being unable to rise above her personal issues with it). I can understand them omitting American Pie merely because it was utter drivel. WB obviously do not want to maximize sales and clearly they want to compromise the quality of this Greatest Hits...nothing new with them...both Madonna and Warners lost the plot years ago... :rant:

Guest Danny86

I'd say it's also a fan point of view to assume in 2009 songs like TB, TUTBMP, D&D or IR could make the tracklist more familiar/make the project sell more for the general public. I really wouldn't be surprised if "Burning Up" was more popular than those songs at this point, it's very often mentioned in articles, retrospectives, while you can't even find those songs on "forgotten gems" list. TB and TUTBMP only get mentioned when her #1s are listed.