Madonna to record a Michael Jackson's song?

cosmic_system

please madonna,don't. you've already paid enough tribute to this child molester who used his own sons name to illegally obtain drugs.

please don'T!

the jesus luz is not my lover

he's just a boy who claims that i am the one,

but the kid could be my son.

Laugh.gif

Thank you, my Pepsi is all over my keyboard.

Edited by Cody

Bad idea, me thinks. It would be vilified as being inferior to the original (no matter what song she picked). Besides, I'd rather have her work on her own album than give a toss to this celebrity death fad.

I think she should cover the song "Off The Wall"....a fun dance song that features the same theme/message that Madonna specializes in: put your troubles behind and dance the night away.

Madonna's version of Imagine better than John Lennon's? :lmao:

Madonna is your Wilhelmina!

mikeurie.jpg

I think something from Off The Wall would be good like Burn This Disco Out. Covers of absolute classics rarely work.

Guest Kiki D

I hope she does it...and the Concert on his birthday too! This would be soooo cool!!!! :inlove:

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see this happen! :angel:

I actually love her singing it, think it suits her voice brilliantly and prefer it also to the original...

The original is vile platitudinous tosswank dressed up as grand sentiment, with a millionnaire singing 'imagine no possessions' from his mansion. Madonna's version just brought out irritating preachy hypocrisy of the song more than John Lennon. It was already there.

The original is vile platitudinous tosswank dressed up as grand sentiment, with a millionnaire singing 'imagine no possessions' from his mansion. Madonna's version just brought out irritating preachy hypocrisy of the song more than John Lennon. It was already there.

So, those with money lack sincerity?

He didn't grow up to be a man with money, but became one through his talents. What remained true throughout his years was his concern for others. Corny or not, that man meant well. You really need to get some sort of non-jaded perspective in your life. You come across as a very sad case on this board.

I don't mind but I'd prefer it if she does a cover of an unknown song of his and made it her own. She crucified Imagine and taking another untouchable classic such as Billie Jean or Beat It wouldn't be a good idea.

It was great on the VT but that was plenty.

No No No

That song already sucked, don't try to blame that mess on Madonna..She's only at fault for trying to fix a song by making a cover, didn't work, oh well, no big deal...

No No No

That song already sucked, don't try to blame that mess on Madonna..She's only at fault for trying to fix a song by making a cover, didn't work, oh well, no big deal...

:thumbsdown:

So, those with money lack sincerity?

He didn't grow up to be a man with money, but became one through his talents. What remained true throughout his years was his concern for others. Corny or not, that man meant well. You really need to get some sort of non-jaded perspective in your life. You come across as a very sad case on this board.

One thing I'm not sad enough to do is make judgements about someone elses life based on their posts on a message board. However hard I argue I always try and play the ball, not the man. Thanks anyway though.

I can't really see what difference it makes whether John Lennon was born rich or became successful due to the capitalist system. The song advocates a world with no possessions. I can't see how anyone could take that seriously coming from one of the richest recording artists of the day. He spoke of 'no need for greed or hunger', yet there doesn't seem to be any record of him using any of his awesome wealth whatsoever to benefit anyone less well off. Had the song been released by Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King, anyone who actually made SACRIFICES to make the world a better place, rather than just making twee songs about it, it would come over better. You don't have to be jaded to realise how hypocritical it is, just awake.

One thing I'm not sad enough to do is make judgements about someone elses life based on their posts on a message board. However hard I argue I always try and play the ball, not the man. Thanks anyway though.

I can't really see what difference it makes whether John Lennon was born rich or became successful due to the capitalist system. The song advocates a world with no possessions. I can't see how anyone could take that seriously coming from one of the richest recording artists of the day. He spoke of 'no need for greed or hunger', yet there doesn't seem to be any record of him using any of his awesome wealth whatsoever to benefit anyone less well off. Had the song been released by Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King, anyone who actually made SACRIFICES to make the world a better place, rather than just making twee songs about it, it would come over better. You don't have to be jaded to realise how hypocritical it is, just awake.

Maybe I shouldn't have responded to you in that manner, but in my experience, ones posts are quite reflective of the person. This is from someone who's met several people off Madonna messageboards.

Mother Theresa was more concerned with helping the poor, Martin Luther with black people... they weren't pop stars. That's what John Lennon was. Why is it that pop stars can't make a statement without some a-hole coming in saying "You don't know what it's like to be poor! Shut up". Even if they DO know what it's like to be in that state. Please. They have a large audience. Music affects a good portion of the world's population, and it's a great way to get a message across to the masses.

You don't sound awake.

Guest bluejean

I think she should cover the song "Off The Wall"....a fun dance song that features the same theme/message that Madonna specializes in: put your troubles behind and dance the night away.

I agree. Or something of a similar vibe that she can do in her own style like Rock With You or a Jacksons song like Shake Your Body or Can You Feel It.

The thought of other singers doing classics like Billie Jean and Man In The Mirror makes me dry reach. It's like if someone covered Like A Prayer or Ray Of Light.

Guest bluejean

Mother Theresa was more concerned with helping the poor, Martin Luther with black people... they weren't pop stars. That's what John Lennon was. Why is it that pop stars can't make a statement without some a-hole coming in saying "You don't know what it's like to be poor! Shut up". Even if they DO know what it's like to be in that state. Please. They have a large audience. Music affects a good portion of the world's population, and it's a great way to get a message across to the masses.

\

Well said.

John Lennon gave up loads of his TIME to charity events and advocating world peace in general. He recorded a number of songs with similar sentiments, something which by the way, he didn't need to do and he performed them at charity events. Most of these performers including Madonna do this sort of thing, the same way most people donate to charity. Do we all need to give up our entire earnings and live in grass huts to show that we care about the less fortunate?

Guest thehiltonsuite

I don't mind but I'd prefer it if she does a cover of an unknown song of his and made it her own. She crucified Imagine and taking another untouchable classic such as Billie Jean or Beat It wouldn't be a good idea.

It was great on the VT but that was plenty.

I agree. I wouldn't dare tackle one of his huge classics. It should be a more obscure song from Off The Wall or Dangerous. Maybe even her version of In The Closet. I always wondered what that would be like, because she wrote her own lyrics to that song and Michael didn't like it.

Guest thehiltonsuite

please madonna,don't. you've already paid enough tribute to this child molester who used his own sons name to illegally obtain drugs.

You're disgusting. I hope you know that.

Guest thehiltonsuite

Thankfully, this sounds like another horse shit rumor.

the article is suspicious, because we alreayd know the tribute concert was cancelled