"Celebration" DVD- Double DVD Set

cosmic_system

Guest bluejean
Says who? Not anyone from her camp.

This is supposed to be a career retrospective of videos, and that includes her tour videos, which are the best ones she's done in years. This collection is all about her LEGACY, and to leave off the tour videos, is a travesty.

180 minutes is plenty of time and room to include masterpieces like FL, BS, DAD, and Paradise.

Er, they've said "34 songs that changed the world" and the "video visionary’s best videos" or something to that effect. Do you really think video backdrops for Future Lovers and Paradise fall into either of those descriptions? Maybe to you, but in the opinion of Warners, Madonna and the casual fan I doubt it.

180 minutes is not plenty of room btw. It gives room for all the main videos.

Er, they've said "34 songs that changed the world" and the "video visionary’s best videos" or something to that effect. Do you really think video backdrops for Future Lovers and Paradise fall into either of those descriptions? Maybe to you, but in the opinion of Warners, Madonna and the casual fan I doubt it.

I wouldn't say the backdrop videos..But 'Paradise' is all shades of wonderful. :fag:

I know..take 4 instance Human Nature..that song was never a 'hit'...but the video was. It's still popular & well remembered :thumbsup:

& I always wanted 2 ask...Is it just my copy or is the image quality on my TIC DVD not that great? :confused:

It's not just yours. I've always had that issue with the DVD.

I think it's just me but I didn't really see the fuss about the "Die Another Day" S&S video.. it just looked like some behind the scenes bits of her posing during the photo-shoot.

It reminded me of the bonus footage in the "American Life" photo shoot thing :rotfl:

Seriously, it would be a crime if Paradise is not included. No matter if it's the director's cut or the one used for the DWT. We're talking here about a masterpiece. Didn't WB and Madonna say they had fans' opinions in mind at the moment of putting together the DVD final cut?

Guest Danny86
I think it's just me but I didn't really see the fuss about the "Die Another Day" S&S video.. it just looked like some behind the scenes bits of her posing during the photo-shoot.

It reminded me of the bonus footage in the "American Life" photo shoot thing :rotfl:

No, I felt the same too.

Also, one of the most RANDOM moments of the show: Madonna gets beaten up as if it was MER GIRL DWT and then she comes up jumping onstage with Keith Haring stuff in the background, all smiley and fluffy.

What part of Hit Collection you didn't get? Those videos are great and we would love to have them but I believe they are only including HIT VIDEOS, I mean, all that had heavy rotation only...

Guest bluejean

Well Hung Up, Justify My Love, Erotica, Deeper & Deeper, 4 Minutes, Sorry, True Blue, Burning Up and a whole string of other proper videos have never been available on DVD.

Well, Sorry and Hung Up were released on dvd.

I don't think True Blue or Burning Up are up there in the visionary’s best videos (I love TB by the way) and the same goes for Sorry (I already have it and I don't want that piesce of shit again).

The Director's cut of Paradise is actually part of the She's Not Me video from the tour, so I think she really likes it and the press release says BEST VIDEOS , not GREATEST HITS VIDEOS.

Guest bluejean
Well, Sorry and Hung Up were released on dvd.

I don't think True Blue or Burning Up are up there in the visionary’s best videos (I love TB by the way) and the same goes for Sorry (I already have it and I don't want that piesce of shit again).

The Director's cut of Paradise is actually part of the She's Not Me video from the tour, so I think she really likes it and the press release says BEST VIDEOS , not GREATEST HITS VIDEOS.

In my biggest wet dream we'd get every single video she's ever done, including Holiday, Everybody, all the videos from movie soundtracks like Live To Tell, I'll Remember etc AND all the tour video backdrops. Plus live versions of the singles that don't have videos. But we all know how wet dreams end.

Guest Danny86

I wonder what's it gonna be for the movie soundtrack videos? Some of them were released as bonus features on their respective film DVDs, but "Beautiful Stranger" was the only one that made onto a Madonna compilation.

I can't see them using "Crazy For You", "Into The Groove", "Live To Tell", "Who's That Girl" or "I'll Remember" on Celebrate at all, but I think "You Must Love Me", "Beautiful Stranger" and obviously "Die Another Day" will be there. Maybe "American Pie" as well, since that one does not use any references to its movie. :demonic:

Does ANYONE REALLY think that in a DVD accompanying a HITS collection there can be TOUR videos? For chrissakes people. For what REASON? In what UNIVERSE?

unless they only mean tour footages made into videos ala Miles Away, it is a possibility...

but to expect an entire tour to be the accompanying DVD of Celebration is NUTSO... it will be a totally and definitely be a different release...

A fan who makes sense!!!!

I wonder what's it gonna be for the movie soundtrack videos? Some of them were released as bonus features on their respective film DVDs, but "Beautiful Stranger" was the only one that made onto a Madonna compilation.

I can't see them using "Crazy For You", "Into The Groove", "Live To Tell", "Who's That Girl" or "I'll Remember" on Celebrate at all, but I think "You Must Love Me", "Beautiful Stranger" and obviously "Die Another Day" will be there. Maybe "American Pie" as well, since that one does not use any references to its movie. :demonic:

Agree we will likely see American Pie, Die Another Day, Beautiful Stranger, & You Must Love Me on the DVD.

The rest I don't think so. There's too much footage from movies. Plus this is a Warners release.

Guest dicktracy

I doubt that they'll have any video with movie footage or live performance. Hence, Disc 1 will most likely look something like this:

1. Lucky Star

2. Borderline

3. Like A Virgin

4. Material Girl

5. Papa Don't Preach

6. Open Your Heart

7. La Isla Bonita

8. Like A Prayer

9. Express Yourself

10. Oh Father

11. Vogue

12. Justify My Love*

13. Erotica*

14. Deeper And Deeper*

15. Rain

16. Take A Bow

Disc 2:

1. Bedtime Story

2. Human Nature

3. I Want You* (if Motown doesn't have any problems with it)

4. You'll See*

5. Frozen

6. Ray of Light

7. Music*

8. Don't Tell Me*

9. What It Feels Like For A Girl*

10. Die Another Day* (since it has no movie footage)

11. American Life* (uncensored)

12. Hollywood

13. Hung Up*

14. Sorry

15. 4 Minutes*

16. Celebration

*They MUST include ALL of these!

The underlined song most likely will not be on the CD.

These should probably be included too: Bad Girl, Cherish, Secret and The Power of Goodbye

Probably shouldn't: Fever, Love Profusion

Definitely NO: Jump

I doubt that they'll have any video with movie footage or live performance. Hence, Disc 1 will most likely look something like this:

1. Lucky Star

2. Borderline

3. Like A Virgin

4. Material Girl

5. Papa Don't Preach

6. Open Your Heart

7. La Isla Bonita

8. Like A Prayer

9. Express Yourself

10. Oh Father

11. Vogue

12. Justify My Love*

13. Erotica*

14. Deeper And Deeper*

15. Rain

16. Take A Bow

Disc 2:

1. Bedtime Story

2. Human Nature

3. I Want You* (if Motown doesn't have any problems with it)

4. You'll See*

5. Frozen

6. Ray of Light

7. Music*

8. Don't Tell Me*

9. What It Feels Like For A Girl*

10. Die Another Day* (since it has no movie footage)

11. American Life* (uncensored)

12. Hollywood

13. Hung Up*

14. Sorry

15. 4 Minutes*

16. Celebration

*They MUST include ALL of these!

These should probably be included too: Bad Girl, Cherish, Secret and The Power of Goodbye

Probably shouldn't: Fever, Love Profusion

Definitely NO: Jump

I have a feeling we will see the probably included, probably shouldn't, and the definately make the cut. Also Give It 2 Me might be on the DVD as well.

Erotica, Justify My Love, What It Feels Like For A Girl, American Life (Uncensored) - but the clean version might be put on the DVD instead, I Want You may not make it.

This will be a standard-issue release for consumers. No fuss No worry.

Edited by Live It Up

"Beautiful Stranger" and "Die Another Day" are safe bets that they will be included on the DVD collection. They don't include any film footage. Even "American Pie" could be included being it doesn't include film footage. Though, I'll be surprised if the other videos with film footage are included being they would have to shell out extra dough to those film companies to use the others.

Although, films such as "Who's That Girl", "With Honors" and "Vision Quest" were distributed by WARNERS, so I don't see why those videos from those film can't be included? But maybe it's a different deal when using film footage from the same company?

In any event, they would have to strike deals with

ORION ...

Into The Groove

Live To Tell

Columbia Pictures...

This Used To Be My Playground

Hollywood Pictures...

Any Evita videos

Does ANYONE REALLY think that in a DVD accompanying a HITS collection there can be TOUR videos? For chrissakes people. For what REASON? In what UNIVERSE?

In a perfect world they would be on there!! Unfortunately, it would be a little odd for her to put those videos on there when in reality she's probably not even going to be able to fit all of her WELL KNOWN, CLASSIC videos.

As a loon I LOOOOVE the idea of having the tour videos, b-sides, remixes, demos, unreleased tracks etc (all things that have been discussed by fans with this GH)....I WANT IT ALL....... but NONE of those things appeal to many outside of places like this forum. This one is going to be geared more for the casuals. I seriously don't think we are going to get all the "Madonna goodies" we dream about until after she's gone one day and the "vaults" are raided thoroughly!!!