"CELEBRATION" HAS LEAKED!!!!!

Guest bulgar

Either someone is playing an elaborate joke or the joke is on me... this isn't the album version. This is not what I heard the other day. Maybe this is the radio mix (very bad at that). Something isn't right here. What tipped me off is the ending of the song. It ends @ 3:20. The time listing for the album track is 3:35. Now, I realize some tracks have a couple seconds where it's dead at the end, but 15 seconds??

The whole "put your arms around me" verse and the follow up chorus was slower than this. Also there was an spoken intro (which I suspected would have been edited off on the radio version).

If this is the version they are sending to radio... in the U.S., it will bomb!!

you sure you didnt hear the remix thats being played at the clubs??

cause from your descriptions, thats what it sounds like

I totally disagree!

I luv the fact that she doesn't just make these short cheap tracks.. but music that builds up to something, have different elements etc.

It hasn't damaged her work at all, it has helped her making more interesting pop music than the rest...

the longer the better!

It depends on the song. Of course some tracks that are epic like ROL and LAP justify their length, but there's no need for a simple pop song like Cherish to wank on past the 5 minute mark. What happened to the old 3 minute pop song adage? She's not a prog rock artist.

Though there was also the argument in that book about the length of dance songs (longer for the dancefloor) versus pop songs.

It depends on the song. Of course some tracks that are epic like ROL and LAP justify their length, but there's no need for a simple pop song like Cherish to wank on past the 5 minute mark. What happened to the old 3 minute pop song adage? She's not a prog rock artist.

Though there was also the argument in that book about the length of dance songs (longer for the dancefloor) versus pop songs.

I dunno.. I usually prefer when her songs are long

but that's just me..

obviously I understand that a radio version might not be 5 minutes.. but for album versions I don't mind at all

4 Minutes was recycled Timbaland sound... but it was just a couple of years dated

Celebration on the other hand is 90's eurodance/trance/club all over again... like 15 years after its prime...

so this is obviously not more refreshing...

but i'm starting to accept it for what it is atleast (a GH bonus track)... I mean it's a nice song.. just dated in the sound.. but as for a finally of the summer and as a party song I guess it's ok!

You're OBVIOUSLY behind the times considering the 90s are coming back with a VENGEANCE.

I dunno.. I usually prefer when her songs are long

but that's just me..

obviously I understand that a radio version might not be 5 minutes.. but for album versions I don't mind at all

Perfect example of an overlong song - Incredible :demonic:

The radio edit of Frozen was 5 minutes cause the original was so long and I think it's a lot better

Then again at the other side of the scale the tracks on the first album would need to be long as there's only 8 songs

I'm officially addicted to the Dubtronic Extended version!!!!

Check it out!!!!! It's so well done!!!!!

GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbs:

Guest Madximo
The first time she laughed in song was "Angel," no?

Very probably so! I love her laughter, it's so addictive...

The 90s are definitely back, hasn't Lady Gaga a strongly 90s-inspired sound? Isn't she successful?

Btw, it's funny Madonna didn't follow the eurodance trend in the 90s only to take it over some 15 years later! :D

You're OBVIOUSLY behind the times considering the 90s are coming back with a VENGEANCE.

I live in Europe

and the 90's never really left here so... yes it IS dated..

not that it can't be good because of that... but I guess I expected more from Madonna..

but... this is just a nice treat for the GH and hopefully no indication what so ever for what the next studio album will sound like..

The radio edit of Frozen was 5 minutes cause the original was so long and I think it's a lot better

Then again at the other side of the scale the tracks on the first album would need to be long as there's only 8 songs

But Incredible sucks even if it would be just 1 min short! :chuckle:

as for Frozen, the album version is the real deal! This is one of those tracks that should be long.. building up moments and stuff.. making it epic

you can't do that with short tracks

that's a problem I have with for instance "Voices" on HC... it has this epic thing going on and then it just ends... it should have been atleast half a minute longer or something.. it could have been something really special.. it had the potential to be the "Frozen" of HC.. well it still kinda is but still not because they made it shorter and took away potentials...

Very probably so! I love her laughter, it's so addictive...

The 90s are definitely back, hasn't Lady Gaga a strongly 90s-inspired sound? Isn't she successful?

Btw, it's funny Madonna didn't follow the eurodance trend in the 90s only to take it over some 15 years later! :D

Lady GaGa is urban pop... not really 90's

maybe "Eh Eh".. because it sounds almost Ace of Base-ish... but not so much the rest...

to just use techno synths is not making it 90's... even Timbaland did that on some of his productions...

90's is this whole dance thing which Madonna made in her song

and.. Cascada and Basshunter and DJ Sammy aswell haha

and millions more...

Guest Danny86
and the 90's never really left here so... yes it IS dated..

Exactly, it's just more noticeable now because there's no "Umbrella" or some other summer hit from the US to overshadow that. These kinda songs have been regularly appearing on the UK charts in the past years as well, definitely one of her safest singles ever.

About the track length, I agree with you, most of the time it helps that a Madonna track is longer than your average radio pop song. I think the only time it didn't help was COADF, wher most of the tracks were made longer with countless repeats of the chorus. Compare that to the likes of "LAP", "Frozen", "Ray Of Light", "Paradise", "She's Not Me"... They don't work as short tracks at all.

But, thing is, C doesn't sound like Cascada or DJ Sammy. Don't hear it in the music, and certainly not in the vocals. It's more like "When Love Takes Over," at least in its main dance beat (obviously not like WLTO's Coldplay "Clocks"-like music).

Exactly, it's just more noticeable now because there's no "Umbrella" or some other summer hit from the US to overshadow that. These kinda songs have been regularly appearing on the UK charts in the past years as well, definitely one of her safest singles ever.

About the track length, I agree with you, most of the time it helps that a Madonna track is longer than your average radio pop song. I think the only time it didn't help was COADF, wher most of the tracks were made longer with countless repeats of the chorus. Compare that to the likes of "LAP", "Frozen", "Ray Of Light", "Paradise", "She's Not Me"... They don't work as short tracks at all.

Agree with all you said! :thumbsup:

Here in Europe that 90's dance sound is constantly going on.. not that it is as big as during the 90's.. but still

Maybe in the US it might sound fresh or whatever because there's so little of that sound there and radio is barely touching it... but it is not fresh nor is it a comeback of that sound either..

Praying for a trip-hop, indie, classy-fresh-pop with great production, fresh sounds and great melodies for the debut LN album next!!

Until then we have to live with this 90's rewind thing..

oh well.. gonna dance to it like crazy when i'm drunk for sure! :thumbsup:

But, thing is, C doesn't sound like Cascada or DJ Sammy. Don't hear it in the music, and certainly not in the vocals. It's more like "When Love Takes Over," at least in its main dance beat (obviously not like WLTO's Coldplay "Clocks"-like music).

Well... afterall it's Madonna so atleast it has to be a LITTLE more classy than Cascada for sure..

but dated it still is though..

I just hope it won't hurt Madonna's credibility as an quality artist.. :nocomment:

I agree with Holiday Guy - this is quite similar to the beat and 4 on the floor beats that 'When Love Takes Over' has - retro but modern and cool. Yes, its still very mid-late 90s but its not as bad as DJ Sammy etc...lol

Guest ursaminorjim

Nah. "Incredible" was exactly as long as it needed to be. :headbang:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

COME JOIN THE PARTY! IT'S A CELEBRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :birthday::clap::wow::drool: :flirt2: :headbang::headbang::serenade::madonna2::madonna2::s377::tigger::iloveyou::smooch::confessions::confessions::confessions::confessions: