First Official Adverts For Greatest Hits Album!

robster

I LOVE the concept.

Reverse, going back in time. Looking back at your greatest hits. The music reversed is still very recognizable, the imagery, the font, everything just fits. There was also a rumor with the fact that the tracklist would be reversed chronologically, with the first track being the newest and the last one being the first track! I LOVE it, VERY original!!!

:clap:

My thoughts PRECISELY :thumbsup:

Firstly, I have missed the second video? I have been through this post a few times and can only see TB and ITG but no HU?

Secondly, I am slightly concerned they have used the IC mix of ITG and not the original!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope we are not getting that mix again!

Reverse chronological tracklistings are not original at all. A lot of people have done it before, such as Britney, Cafe Tacuba, Korn, Amy Grant, Shania Twain, Cher, the list goes on. Not that those are worthy examples. :scared:

Robbypoo, not everything M does is original. I thought you'd figured that out about the woman. :vanitybonet:

Excuse me, didn't know that. I do think the execution is very original though. With this viral campaign.

I also noticed that this is starting to look like they are unfolding their marketing plan for this album. All these teasers are coming from fansites! This album is for the fans, by the fans. So far, fans have been spreading the news about the new album/single. They have been asked to be a big part of the video for the first single, and now the first teasers are being viralled into the world by fansites! Without any official press releases or confirmation of anything regarding the new album, single or video.

I think their tactic is that innitial info and hype will all come through fans and their interaction with M. WE make this album and help it unfold to the world. Kinda cool actually!

I'm scared. The commercial uses The Immaculate Collection version of "Into The Groove". :scared:

Yes, I noticed that right away. :voodoo: Why the FUCK would they do that? Nobody likes that version. And that also looks like the TIC version of Vogue. Well they can fuck right off if that's the case. I won't even buy it. :thumbsdown:

Fuck, I hope they do a teaser playing Like a Prayer backwards...apparently there's a part where she says 'save us Satan' when played backwards...I remember I tried it with a vinyl version of the track...now that would really go down a treat! lol!

Guest Danny86
I don't understand why a couple of people have said that Britney's greatest hits is in reverse chronological order. It's pretty obviously not.

You're right, the CD tracklist is random order, but her DVD is reverse chronological, starts with "My Prerogative" and ends with "Baby One More Time".

That guy Neil - the journalist who leaked a tracklisting said there would be no DVD.

Can't remember his name but it's on here somewhere - maybe someone else knows it.

Anyhow his tracklist was fake I reckon so hoping for a DVD!!!!!! Please :)

Oh please God, not Neil Sean.

I don't understand why a couple of people have said that Britney's greatest hits is in reverse chronological order. It's pretty obviously not.

Yoo hoo! You have no idea who I am but I remember you from PJ. That is all.

The ad campaigns look great! Good to see some promo in the works. :thumbsup:

Now they needa do ones for;

-Erotica

-4 Minutes

-Like A Prayer

-Like A Virgin

-Ray Of Light

Yes that's the one. I think his tracklist was fake.

As far as I'm aware the Neil Sean that posts here is a satire of sorts, based on the fact that the real Neil Sean is a hilariously shit showbiz hack.

Guest Danny86
The ad campaigns look great! Good to see some promo in the works. :thumbsup:

Now they needa do ones for;

-Erotica

-4 Minutes

-Like A Prayer

-Like A Virgin

-Ray Of Light

There won't be any "Erotica" ones, it was no megahit.

I guess the rest will be from among these:

-Holiday

-LAV

-MG

-LIB

-LAP

-EY

-ROL

-Music

-4M

There won't be any "Erotica" ones, it was no megahit.

I guess the rest will be from among these:

-Holiday

-LAV

-MG

-LIB

-LAP

-EY

-ROL

-Music

-4M

But Erotica went Top 5 around the world! I know it's not one of her biggest hits but I'm surprised by how many casual/non-fans know of the song.

But Erotica went Top 5 around the world! I know it's not one of her biggest hits but I'm surprised by how many casual/non-fans know of the song.

I reckon Erotica will be on but maybe only that song from the album. Got a feeling rain. Bad girl . Deeper and deeper, fever won't be on.

Guest Danny86

"Rain" might be on, as it's used on tour.

I meant the teasers, not the tracklist, they surely won't use "Erotica" to "celebrate" a flop era. Same for "AL", it went top 10 everywhere except US but that's not enough for a teaser like this.