First Official Adverts For Greatest Hits Album!

robster

from Madonnalicious.com:

madonnalicious can exclusively preview a very small snippet of part of the campaign for the September 2009 release of Madonna's Greatest Hits CD.

I LOVE the concept.

Reverse, going back in time. Looking back at your greatest hits. The music reversed is still very recognizable, the imagery, the font, everything just fits. There was also a rumor with the fact that the tracklist would be reversed chronologically, with the first track being the newest and the last one being the first track! I LOVE it, VERY original!!!

Guest Pud Whacker
I LOVE the concept.

Reverse, going back in time. Looking back at your greatest hits. The music reversed is still very recognizable, the imagery, the font, everything just fits. There was also a rumor with the fact that the tracklist would be reversed chronologically, with the first track being the newest and the last one being the first track! I LOVE it, VERY original!!!

oh, i do too!!! great music, great tease, great image, great work. :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
Don't you just love the Warhol/Pop Art/Silkscreen refferences? ;)

....fused with that sound...its fantastic!!!!

lol is this a joke? It uses 'True Blue,' said to not be on the album :lol:

yeah, it's annoying me... about the you can dance part... i hope this is not a dance compilation... and i hope this is just fanmade

Guest ursaminorjim

Where does it use "True blue?" I only hear "Into the groove."

And to echo acko - they're getting it right!

Where does it use "True blue?" I only hear "Into the groove."

And to echo acko - they're getting it right!

are you sure we're looking at the same vid?

Guest ursaminorjim

This is the one I'm talking about:

I only hear "Into the groove here." Backwards, of course, but... :dazed:

Guest ursaminorjim

Oh. That's from the "True blue" video?

Well, I reckon the image is more evocative of Madonna in general than "True blue" specifically.

Guest ursaminorjim
I'm scared. The commercial uses The Immaculate Collection version of "Into The Groove". :scared:

And backwards. Which leads to the obvious conclusion that "Into the groove" on the new collection will not only be in Q-sound, but reversed as well!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Mimi's #1s had a backwards tracklisting. It started with three new tracks (including the duet version of "Whenever You Call") and went backwards to the end, which finished with "I Still Believe" (which in original form was out before "Vision of Love").

M taking a cue from Mimi? As she said in Truth or Dare, bite your tongue. :)

Guest dicktracy
I love the backwards concept. Very original, very Madonna. I'm glad they're putting some thought into this GH.

I really hope they do that! I actually came up with a chronologically reversed tracklist a while ago. Hopefully it will be something like this:

Disc One:

1. Celebrate

2. Revolver

3. 4 Minutes

4. Sorry

5. Hung Up

6. Die Another Day

7. Don't Tell Me

8. Music

9. Beautiful Stranger

10. Ray Of Light

11. Frozen

12. Take A Bow

13. Secret

14. Deeper And Deeper

15. Erotica

16. Justify My Love

17. This Used To Be My Playground*

*This Used To Be My Playground feels out of place between Justify My Love and Erotica so I think it would thematically fit better at the end of the disc. ***Remember that in TIC Lucky Star and Borderline are chronologically reversed (in the US market only... thanx HGuy) probably so the disc can flow better so I don't think this would be too much of a stretch***

Disc Two:

1. Vogue

2. Express Yourself

3. Like A Prayer

4. Cherish*

5. Who's That Girl

6. La Isla Bonita

7. Open Your Heart

8. Papa Don't Preach

9. Live To Tell

10. Dress You Up

11. Into The Groove

12. Crazy For You

13. Material Girl

14. Like A Virgin

15. Lucky Star

16. Borderline

17. Holiday

*Cherish fits more with the pop of her True Blue/Who's That Girl era than with her house music remixes, therefore I'd move its position for a better flow.