New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

Question to Guyoseary = Are you gonna do a video for Celebrate?

"Where working on it now, working out the details, but not totally sure.

:(

Push him. Send him messages on twitter!

Btw, I saw this on his twitter! :dramatic:

@RCM1979 as I've said before... We will come to Australia next tour for sure!!!12:08 AM Jul 11th from web in reply to RCM1979

So if theres like 2 dics, would that be around 20 hits on each? If it is...i'd personally like to see something like this which i reckon makes more sense than that other 'wannabe' setlist some fan passed as official :)

Everybody

Holiday

Lucky Star

Borderline

Like a Virgin

Material Girl

Dress you up

Into the Groove

Live to Tell

Papa don’t Preach

Open your Heart

La isla Bonita

Who’s that Girl?

Like a Prayer

Express Yourself

Cherish

Vogue

Justify my Love

Erotica

Deeper & Deeper

Rain

Secret

Take a Bow

Human Nature

You’ll See

You must love Me

Frozen

Ray of Light

The power of Goodbye

Beautiful Stranger

Music

Don’t tell me

Die another Day

American Life

Hung Up

Sorry

4 Minutes

Give it to me

Celebrate

Revolver

Although it's no doubt fake, the fact is, with a list of HUGE HITS as long as hers, some huge hits are going to be left off the final thing. Granted, probably not BOTH "Borderline" and "Lucky Star," but there will be a few biggies that don't make the cut, and people will bitch no doubt.

And I agree with HolidayGuy that Madonna and her camp are not completely daft, but I can see her doing at least one odd, anti-commercial thing, like putting "Bad Girl" instead of "Rain" or "Nothing Really Matters" instead of TPOG. Because, well, that's Madonna.

Guest superman

did he really respond?? well, thank you, you make everyone happy at least they working on it!!! keep it up!!!

Guest superman

Because no MUSIC VIDEO equals FLOP!! - it must have MVideo!!! - or else another Miles Away in the making!!! oh boy!!!

Guest superman

woooahhhhh theres a 3rd new single too?? coooll - IT HURTS - that could be the soundtrack of new moon twilight movie produce by Guy O'seary...

Guy O needs grammar lessons...

if they are going to film a video in between tour rests, expect it to be of a JUMP-calibre video

Guy O needs grammar lessons...

if they are going to film a video in between tour rests, expect it to be of a JUMP-calibre video

Then why even bother? Seriously, they should have filmed it before the tour if they ever had any intention.

Anyway, a video (great or shit) does not guarantee radioplay or a hit.

Then why even bother? Seriously, they should have filmed it before the tour if they ever had any intention.

Anyway, a video (great or shit) does not guarantee radioplay or a hit.

VH1 played the crap out of Give it 2 Me(which isn't her best video) on their channel and it at least helped it catch buzz because of that. I think a video will do good on networks that still play videos and it will help promote the single unlike radio with its age prejudice against older women. It can reach younger generations who don't know a thing about Madonna. VH1 also played the crap out of "Thats Not My Name" by the Ting Tings and although it charted similarly to GI2M the song still got lots of buzz.

VH1 played the crap out of Give it 2 Me(which isn't her best video) on their channel and it at least helped it catch buzz because of that. I think a video will do good on networks that still play videos and it will help promote the single unlike radio with its age prejudice against older women. It can reach younger generations who don't know a thing about Madonna. VH1 also played the crap out of "Thats Not My Name" by the Ting Tings and although it charted similarly to GI2M the song still got lots of buzz.

VH1 plays videos? Must be around 3 or 4am, when most people are in bed, or out getting trashed.

And what buzz did GI2M get?...because it stop it from being a FLOP.

july 28th cant come soon enough, we need new Madonna now!

the sample from the performance of Holiday sounds great. i dont smell huge radio hit but i dont really care bout that anymore, just so long as she keeps doing her thang. :thumbsup:

VH1 plays videos? Must be around 3 or 4am, when most people are in bed, or out getting trashed.

And what buzz did GI2M get?...because it stop it from being a FLOP.

It didnt flop, It charted at #57 on the hot 100 and did extremely well worldwide, you name another 51 year old woman who can get her singles to chart well worldwide and chart on the hot 100 these days :tongue:

^ but when we say it flop, it is flopping by MADONNA's standards...

and besides, it's only happening in the US, everywhere else, it is still the same MADONNA success with each release

It didnt flop, It charted at #57 on the hot 100 and did extremely well worldwide, you name another 51 year old woman who can get her singles to chart well worldwide and chart on the hot 100 these days :tongue:

#57 is a FLOP, no matter how you try and spin it.....and it wasn't some big smash on the world charts a la Hung up either.

Trust....Madonna would rather have a #1 in the U.S. (where it counts towards her legacy), as opposed to New Zealand, Bulgaria, or the Phillipines.

#57 is a FLOP, no matter how you try and spin it.....and it wasn't some big smash on the world charts a la Hung up either.

Yeah, #57 isn't so good but I suppose it's the best she can hope for when it comes to a second single. Even "Sorry" peaked at #58.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the only reason "Give It 2 Me" even landed on the Hot 100 was because of the Oakenfold Edit remix of the song? I remember it charting as high as #18 on iTunes the week the album came out. I have always wondered why they didn't make that cut an ALBUM ONLY download to boost sales of Hard Candy, instead of having it chart so high before the single was actually released.

Trust....Madonna would rather have a #1 in the U.S. (where it counts towards her legacy), as opposed to New Zealand, Bulgaria, or the Phillipines.

It didn't even chart here and she's only had 5 #1's here.

more info from anna

let's make something straight and clear. yes 'celebrate' is coming, at least in 10 days it is! as far as any members,fans,radio stations have it? this sorta rapid tease coming from these groups claiming they have and paid a listen to a track is no novelty. for the time being i advice yall to stay a bit more fastidious.

what more info on that song could i possibly tell?

i would like everyone to remember that the whole 'get together' vibe is only my personal opinion, and you might not think the same.

m also uses the line 'step to the beat boy that's what it's for' but rather than recycling some old lyrics, fans need to realize she merely pays homage to her classics. its also a definite club number.

Guest Neil Sean

I can EXCLUSIVELY reveal the tracklisting for Madonna's upcoming Greatest Hits album - CELEBRATION - 25 YEARS OF SUPER HITS out this September.

1. Holiday

2. Lucky Star

3. Like A Virgin

4. Material Girl

5. Crazy For You

6. Into The Groove

7. Dress You Up

8. Live To Tell

9. Papa Don’t Preach

10. True Blue

11. Open Your Heart

12. La Isla Bonita

13. Like A Prayer

14. Express Yourself

15. Oh Father

16. Vogue

17. Erotica

1. Deeper & Deeper

2. Secret

3. Take A Bow

4. Human Nature

5. Frozen

6. Ray Of Light

7. The Power Of Goodbye

8. Beautiful Stranger

9. Music

10. Don’t Tell Me

11. Die Another Day

12. Hollywood

13. Hung Up

14. Sorry

15. 4 Minutes

16. Celebrate

17. Revolver

The album has a picture of Madonna on the cover however it will not be have an accompanying DVD. Madonna herself told me over a drink after her 02 gig last week - 'It's all about the music Neil - that's what's endured.'

UNTIL NEXT TIME :smile: