Madge for X Factor

TOUR2008

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...r-X-Factor.html

By SARA NATHAN

Published: Today

MADONNA is in talks to perform on this year's X Factor, TV Biz can reveal.

And the Queen of Pop is one of a number of top acts Simon Cowell has his eye on.

Others being lined up to perform on the ITV1 talent show include outrageous chart sensation Lady GaGa and Umbrella singer Rihanna.

Acts ... Simon Cowell

He is also dead set on getting Robbie Williams. The ex-Take That star has spent years in the wilderness and Cowell is desperate to get him to make a comeback on the show.

Meanwhile diva Beyonce is being asked to make a comeback after wowing audiences last year by belting out her hit Listen with eventual winner Alexandra Burke.

Beyonce will be in town while they are filming X Factor as she is doing two more dates at London's O2 stadium in November. An insider said: "The last series proved anything is possible when Beyonce performed with Alex. The final got 15million viewers and that is enough to entice the biggest stars on to our stage.

"This year is going to be bigger than ever - we are planning to get the best names in music. Madonna and Robbie would be sensational."

TV Biz has told how X Factor bosses got ?million budget boost this year, which could pay for stars.

Meanwhile, Xtra Factor host Holly Willoughby told on Twitter that the X Factor returns on August 22. This is likely to anger ITV bosses who like to keep scheduling secret so rivals can't steal their thunder.

OOH ANOTHER rumour....i do hope it is true...peple will moan she is selling out (erm...) but at the end of the day, for the UK especially, it is one of the only remaining vehicle for music promotion with a huge audience....

PLUS she could mentor..."OKAAAAY YOU MOTHER, FUCKER.....IM TALKING..AND YOU KOW WHAT THAT MEANS>..."

Yeah, if it is true that she is in talks, it must be to promote the GHV3 project. I am not sure why it would be selling out, she's already done France's version of American Idol when she promoted COADF.

Either way, exciting news (if true).

• 4 weeks later...

SIMON Cowell wants to sign Madonna for The X Factor.

The musclebound singer would be one of the guest mentors who guide contestants through the ratings-busting Saturday night show.

And she would follow Beyoncé, Westlife, Take That and Britney Spears, who have all appeared on the ITV series.

Cowell is determined to keep the pressure on the show’s BBC rival Strictly Come Dancing, which is under fire for sacking judge Arlene Phillips.

And he is using all his showbiz clout to sign the biggest names in music to help the X Factor wannabes.

He’s asked show bosses to find the extra cash in their budget to fund a one-off deal with the Material Girl.

The X Factor has, along with Simon’s other show Britain’s Got Talent, been one of the few ITV shows to attract viewers – and advertisers – in their droves.

That’s allowed Simon to argue for a bigger budget to make the next series of The X Factor the best yet.

A TV insider told the Daily Star Sunday: “Simon is the most powerful man in TV these days and he’s in a position to call the shots.

“ITV are happy to back him – and he’s determined to repay their faith by getting the biggest names in the world, including Madonna.”

Madonna, 50, has thrown herself back into work since the end of her marriage to Guy Ritchie.

Currently on tour, she hit the headlines last week after photos showing her muscled arms.

Her greatest hits album Celebration is set to be launched at the end of next month.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/91982...s-in-as-mentor/

It would be F**KING AMAZING if she did X-Factor. It's about time they devoted a show to her as they have done to MJ and Motown greats, etc. Madonna is true pop!

If she and Warner want the GH to sell bucketloads over the Christmas season in the UK then she simply must do X-Factor. There's no other way around it. Even if she doesn't do any other promotion for the GH at all, one simple appearance on X-Factor would do her wonders.

If she does the X Factor, I hope she will do American Idol!

It would be awesome to have the whole show (or even American Idol) dedicated to Madonna's hits! Then have madonna perform in the end.

Indeed! I'd love that too!!

I know! :tongue: I remember last year when there was a Diarhiah Scarey week, and I was like: WHY THE F*** DOES MADONNA NOT HAVE HER OWN WEEK U STUPID B!TCHES!!!

people with no personality=mariah carey. see? ;)

i know she was on star academy, i forgive her for that cuz if was france..

and missy's show.. well that was different. they were friends and that show seemed way better than the silly idol.

the mariah week was a hot mess! half the acts sang singles that were cover versions like 'against all odds' and 'without you' so what was the point! mariah looked rigid and couldn't hit the notes. everyone slagged it off, yet she had some great sales off the back of it. if madonna had a really good week (with great performances from herself and the contestants picking her classics) i think she'd have fantastic sales of both the single and the album. it worked miracles for beyonce's career

hate shows like idol, x factor.. basically shows that only look for people with no personalities.

That's just not true. I've seen plenty of personality from contestants on these shows. Certainly, we all have our opinion who's better, but let's remember Madonna used to be a starving artist back in the day. It's no different here, but now they have a TV show to either help them launch their career or bomb/make a fool of themselves.

then what about Star Academy that she did?

She can do what she likes. But it's good to note that the crowd there was worshipping her. I doubt she'd get half that appreciation if she deigned to appear on a crappy show like Idol/X

That is totally true. Ive seen the words fall out of her mouth several times, just wish I had a clip of it. In one she even went on to say 'why should they get some phony fast track to stardom? I had to work hard for what I have!' Or something to that effect. I'm not saying that it would not be good promotion for the album or singles, just that it probably wouldn't be her first preference, although no doubt it will be WB's!!! But this is Madonna, so she may go on there and make a great statement about how you can't construct talent and it has to be natural...

yep, thats one of the reasons why i said it ;)

star academy doesnt bother me so much for some reason, maybe because its france.. and i like their taste in music way better than the one of america.. just listen to their popular radio stations..

Also, it looks like an episode of the upcoming season of AUSTRALIAN IDOL will be devoted to Madonna's hits, if the promo on TV currently is to be trusted.

Wouldn't you love to see Madonna and Simon Cowell on the same judging panel? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:lmao:

I love how some loons are precious about what's beneath her and what's not.

I thought we all knew that absolutely nothing is beneath Madonna. In fact, that's part of why we love her. :rotfl:

Again, that is not true for the majority of these contestants. These people just don't wake up one day and then say, "Hey, I think that I'm going to go on American Idol or X-Factor to become a huge star". Certainly, there are an obvious number of deluded people who think they have talent, and sometimes these shows will expose them for a laugh. Although, those people who actually make it in the competition, a majority of them, whether you like them or think they are talented or not have been pounding away at it for years, looking for a leg into the business. And once they are on the show, they work almost 7 days a week, rehearsing, promoting, etc. Personally, I think that is far more pressure and harder to do than how Madonna got into the business, where she kept passing around her tapes until it landed in the right hands. Not only that, she pretty much pleaded to be signed when Seymore Stein was sick in the hospital. Yeah... Madonna surely is above all this!! LOL!

It just chuckles me to see that some think Madonna is above all these talent shows when knowing the stunts she pulled to get her record deal as well as getting further famous. And let's remember, she did appear on those shows (IE: American Bandstand) in the early 80's that were popular like American Idol and X-Factor are.

Folks, she said it herself... she doesn't watch TV. No doubt, she hasn't really watch these shows. I'm sure she knows they exist and the basic premise, but that doesn't mean she truly understands the pressure, work and effort that these contestants must put into these shows to get in on "the fast track" as some put it. She doesn't know their back story and the fact that most of these people have been playing clubs, bars, etc., for years before going on these shows. Furthermore, I find most who criticize these shows are people who haven't really watched the shows or just have only seen glimpses of certain performances, etc... for the most part, the ones who most either find greatly amusing or when someone like that Susan Boyle woman blows everyone way because they didn't expect what came from her mouth.

And the day she appeared on Missy Elliot's short lived deal, is the day I really don't put much stake in what Madonna thinks of these shows. And we all know damn well if shows like this existed back in the day when she was trying to get noticed, she'd do anything she could to get on it.

That said, I do not discredit all the hard work Madonna has put in over the years to maintain her status in the music business. No doubt, it is easier to rise to fame quicker with AI and X-FACTOR, but that is only if you are chosen to be on the show and willing to work your ass off.

Verbal diarrhoea remix.

Also, it looks like an episode of the upcoming season of AUSTRALIAN IDOL will be devoted to Madonna's hits, if the promo on TV currently is to be trusted.

Wouldn't you love to see Madonna and Simon Cowell on the same judging panel? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mmm-hmm! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
:lmao:

I love how some loons are precious about what's beneath her and what's not.

I thought we all knew that absolutely nothing is beneath Madonna. In fact, that's part of why we love her. :rotfl:

:lmao: I know. It's funny when people say "IF SHE DOES X FACTAH, SHE'S SELLING OUT-UH!" :lmao: shut up bitches, she's sold out 50 times over the years, get with it.

I hate the show personally, but it'd be GREAT promo for the album and a nice appearance for her fans.