Madonna adds Michael Jackson tribute to her tour

billiejean

Guest Qbanito21

I JUST HEARD ON MSNBC THAT MADONNA WILL ARRIVE IN L.A. ON TUESDAY TO PERFORM IN THE JACKSON MEMORIAL!

She might perform what was planned in MJ's Comeback Tour.

I JUST HEARD ON MSNBC THAT MADONNA WILL ARRIVE IN L.A. ON TUESDAY TO PERFORM IN THE JACKSON MEMORIAL!

She might perform what was planned in MJ's Comeback Tour.

Bullshit, she has a concert in Manchester that day.

She NEEDS to bring Nikki and Donna back for this video tribute, and they all need to be smoking, and it needs to go:

'Though I'd rather be getting accolades than giving them, it is my distinct pleasure to honour an artist who has given outstanding contributions to the world of music. .......Like me.

He had an excellent voice, He was a great songwriter, and he made very classy videos. .........Like Me.

Ladies and Gentleman, Give it up for the DIVA himself, MICHAEL JACKSON!!!

I hope it's just O2..it doesn't fit the whole tour...I'd rather have a full 'Holiday' than that :fag:

as soon as the smoke from the funeral clears...

Guest FourDivas

what is the new song she is supposed to premiere?

I really wanted her to sing along with michael in the "in the closet"..i remember they have rumors she is the mystery girl singing but apparently she's not the one

From the UK DAILY MIRROR

WANKERS

Madonna puts on bizarre O2 'tribute' to Michael Jackson using Jacko lookalike onstage

By Mirror.co.uk 6/07/2009

Madonna (pic:sm/pa)

Desperate Madonna made a stunt out of Michael Jackson's death at her O2 Arena gig on Saturday night.

Never one to miss publicity, the Material Girl included a Jacko lookalike in her show.

Dressed in the singer's trademark black fedora hat and spangly silver glove the dancer performed a Moonwalk on her Sticky & Sweet tour.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Madonna, 50, danced along at the side as he performed to a medley of Jackson hits including Wanna Be Startin' Something and Billie Jean.

With a picture of a young Michael above her she yelled to the crowd: "Put your hands together for one of the greatest performers the world's ever known, Michael Jackson."

It was just five days before Jackson would have taken the same stage in London. Fan Alex Scott said: "It was a great performance, but a bit weird.

"I was a huge fan of Michael Jackson. It did seem like she was jumping on the bandwagon."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/0...15875-21498086/

Madonna's Michael Jackson tribute was beautiful

"I can't understand why Madonna is slagged off as "desperate" and "bizarre" for starting her London show with a tribute to Michael Jackson" - Tony Parsons writes on The Mirror.

"If anyone is entitled to call herself a Jackson fan, it is Madonna.

They were born just 13 days apart in neighbouring states. Madonna was a Motown-obsessed little girl just as the Jackson 5 were breaking.

She was a struggling dancer in New York City just as Michael was boogieing into his golden period with Quincy Jones.

Infinitely more desperate were the comments by Barack Obama, who waited until a week after Michael's death before hailing him as "one of our greatest entertainers".

Obama rarely seems defensive but he was definitely a bit touchy when asked why he failed to issue a statement earlier. "Look, you're the first person who's actually asked me about it," he snapped.

I sense ambivalence about Michael in the Oval Office. Obama may claim to "have all his stuff on my iPod" but in last year's interview with Rolling Stone, Jackson never got a name-check.

Obama said that, growing up, he listened to Stevie Wonder, Elton John and Earth, Wind And Fire, while these days his tastes extend to Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and Jay-Z.

In the same interview, he said that he likes a lot of hip-hop but worries about the influence of gun-toting, bitch-slapping rap lyrics on his children. My guess is that he also cast a wary eye over Michael Jackson with all his skin lightening, sexual ambivalence and sleepovers.

Fair enough. It's just a shame that Obama is forced to make a tribute that he clearly doesn't believe – although the words he chose to describe Michael were almost exactly the same as Madonna. But her tribute was straight from the heart.

Desperate? I thought it was beautiful. Unlike all this wild talk about salvaging Michael's 50-date London concerts by reforming the "Jackson 4".

The Jackson 4? Now that's what I call desperate.

From Mirror.co.uk./Madonnatribe