Madge’s Sky 1 Deal

TOUR2008

Madge’s Sky deal

SKY1 has landed an exclusive deal to broadcast the latest tours by Madonna and Girls Aloud.

Madge’s Sticky and Sweet tour, recorded in Buenos Aires in December, will air on July 4, along with a 15-minute behind-the-scenes film.

It will go out on the day the star, who has just succeeded in adopting Malawian girl Mercy, arrives in the UK to perform at the 02 Arena.

Girls Aloud’s sellout Out of Control tour, filmed at London’s 02 last month, will be shown in August.

The gigs will air on Sky1 as well as Sky HD.

FUCK YES!!

:thumbsup: to SKY! Prefer if they broadcast it commercial free on one of their Box Office channels (I'd happily pay a tenner to watch, especially if they did a pre-show) but beggars can't be choosers. Wonder if this will be available on one of their HD services?!

Ratings will be SHITE but they weren't exactly impressive when the CT aired on network television. Think figures were around the 1 million mark.

Anyone remember when DWT aired on Channel Four as well, it was part of their "Madonna night" if I recall (or was that a separate event?). Back when she was at the top of her game post-Music. Television schedulers who BALK at that now.

UPDATE From the SKY Press Office:

Madonna: Sticky and Sweet (1 x 120”) features the iconic star’s greatest hits and songs from her latest studio album, Hard Candy. The controversial, record-breaking tour, recorded at Buenos Aires’ River Plate Stadium in December 2008, features four sections ‘Pimp,’ ‘Old School,’ ‘Gypsy’ and ‘Rave’ and has won universal praise with The Times remarking, "In the premiere league of song-and-dance spectaculars, the queen of pop remains unrivalled and undefeated." Madonna: Sticky and Sweet was directed by Nathan Rissman (Madonna’s “I Am Because We Are”) and is a Live Nation Production. Julia Stuart, Senior Acquisitions Executive brokered the deal with XXX at Media Push. The deal also gives Sky1 the rights to a special 15 minute behind-the-scenes film to be broadcast alongside the tour, giving fans an intimate portrait of one of the world’s most enigmatic stars.

:thumbsup: to the 15 minute pre-show too!

FUCK YES!!

:thumbsup: to SKY! Prefer if they broadcast it commercial free on one of their Box Office channels (I'd happily pay a tenner to watch, especially if they did a pre-show) but beggars can't be choosers. Wonder if this will be available on one of their HD services?!

Ratings will be SHITE but they weren't exactly impressive when the CT aired on network television. Think figures were around the 1 million mark.

Anyone remember when DWT aired on Channel Four as well, it was part of their "Madonna night" if I recall (or was that a separate event?). Back when she was at the top of her game post-Music. Television schedulers who BALK at that now.

Commercials on Sky go on forever so yes, I'd glady pay to see it commercial free.

The CT broadcast was at 10.00 on a Sunday night - Saturday night TV is crap during the summer months so she should get a slight improvement but I expect most people will dip in and out whilst channel surfing.

Guest chatty kathy
Will they broadcast the entire concert or perhaps a chopped version?

According to the MadonnaTribe webmaster, "they will leave some bits out so fans will rush to buy the dvd when it comes out in SEPTEMBER 2009".

Marketing wise, I'm just suprised Guy O. or M didn't stop it from airing until after the final leg on the S&ST was complete, and not at it's kick-off.

According to the MadonnaTribe webmaster, "they will leave some bits out so fans will rush to buy the dvd when it comes out in SEPTEMBER 2009".

Well they better make sure they broadcast the rock version of Hung Up because the omission of that would actually make me savour the televised version over the DVD.

Guest harbors
Well they better make sure they broadcast the rock version of Hung Up because the omission of that would actually make me savour the televised version over the DVD.

:thumbsup:

I wonder how much they will pay her.

But "Doli Doli" is fun and choreographed, plus she's still on stage. So a lot is going on there.

Of all the interludes where she's backstage, "Rain" would most likely be cut cause it was A, boring and B, didn't involve a video projection of her.

"Get Stupid" will stay cause she'll want to enlighten us with her 'message' (we all know she never misses the chance to patronise her audience :manson: ).

FUCK YES!!

Is that when they had the Kathy Burke narrated special?