5 years ago today...RE-INVENTION!!!

The BEST opening (IMO)!

This was extracted from IGTTYAS and it was EDITED. It's a CRIME! :americanlife:

I WANT THE THE FULL VERSION!

I WANT THE CONCERT DVD NOW! :americanlife:

Yes -- editing down that performance of VOGUE really hurt... Especially that part where everything turned upside down.

Me 2!

i was dying to see ( on DVD) *BURNING UP **DEEPER&DEEPER ***DIE ANOTHER DAY

I WANT THE FULL DVD.

Die Another Day and Burning Up videos:

really?!! S&S is better?

OMG i'm going to it see this summer

and you just made me more excited :thumbsup:

Yes -- editing down that performance of VOGUE really hurt... Especially that part where everything turned upside down.

Die Another Day and Burning Up videos:

thanks peter...i mean i want them on proprt HIGH DEF DVD. :electropop:

When the 1st time I saw the overhead opening (1st show) on youtube, I was so excited and tears in my eye 'cos I was like "She's UNBELIEVABLE! It's gonna upset Mimi & Floppita & their fans with this opening ('cos they will NEVER able to top this)! :chuckle: Everyone was trying to bring her down / write her off / she's over blah blah blah... and there she is... filled the arena and break all records... it's like a big tight slap to all critics. " :dramatic:

The opening was grand but other than that it's definitely my least favourite tour of hers - I still enjoyed it enough to watch it 3 times live though ;)

Guest Danny86
For the most part the tour is garbage, but its few high points were great indeed. It really had no hope after the last two amazing tours though.It looks and sounds like poop in comparison.

Guess I agree with this, the show has some cool stuff, but as a whole, it's so behind her other tours it's not even funny. There's no real concept, other than Madonna doing the hits. Still can't believe "I'm So Stupid" and the Headcleanr version of "Love Profusion" were not used instead of "Material Girl", one of her most pointless performances ever. Wasn't sure about doing "Hanky Panky" again, I guess it was done so she could pull off another cabaret segment, but would have been better to represent True Blue or Ray Of Light more instead. Because "Frozen" and "Papa Don't Preach" were also uninspired fillers bigtime...

On the other hand, I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I really love "Express Yourself" on this show, I think its updated version with the marching beat is cool and the rifle choreography is a highlight.

Guess I agree with this, the show has some cool stuff, but as a whole, it's so behind her other tours it's not even funny. There's no real concept, other than Madonna doing the hits. Still can't believe "I'm So Stupid" and the Headcleanr version of "Love Profusion" were not used instead of "Material Girl", one of her most pointless performances ever. Wasn't sure about doing "Hanky Panky" again, I guess it was done so she could pull off another cabaret segment, but would have been better to represent True Blue or Ray Of Light more instead. Because "Frozen" and "Papa Don't Preach" were also uninspired fillers bigtime...

On the other hand, I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I really love "Express Yourself" on this show, I think its updated version with the marching beat is cool and the rifle choreography is a highlight.

That's what I really love about this tour.We have the other tours for the theatrical stuff (and well, the first segment, AL, DAD and Lament are very theatrical anyway).

I must say at the time i was dissapointed 4 the same reason, I love pretentious self indulgent Vadge so

a bit of theatrics sits well with me..but in retrospect it's so consistently entertaining I can't not love it.

The Frozen performance is majestic..a good example of what's missing these days..

Madge belting behind a mic stand..not a fucking guitar in sight..it's almost WTG-esque in her

delivery.. :inlove: :inlove:

SUPER HQ the 2:55 belt is best ever :wow:

But there's no more random a show than Sticky Sweet & u know it.

Btw, that performance in ur avatar is absolutely vile. :fag:

I love "Express Yourself" on RIT. First and only time I've ever gotten to see it performed live, so it's special to me.

I think, perhaps, that some of the distaste for this particular tour might be that we have no official DVD release yet. We don't really have the full thing recorded for us (other than unofficial bootlegs) to be reminded of its great moments. The documentary doesn't even completely get it right, because it butchers some of the performances, although it is a nice promise of good things to come.

Guest Danny86
I must say at the time i was dissapointed 4 the same reason, I love pretentious self indulgent Vadge so

a bit of theatrics sits well with me..but in retrospect it's so consistently entertaining I can't not love it.

The Frozen performance is majestic..a good example of what's missing these days..

Madge belting behind a mic stand..not a fucking guitar in sight..it's almost WTG-esque in her

delivery.. :inlove: :inlove:

But there's no more random a show than Sticky Sweet & u know it.

Btw, that performance in ur avatar is absolutely vile. :fag:

Madonna standing behind the mic and doing album versions in front of a random screen is just... :snore: It's what Celine or Mariah would do.

S&ST is a very well put together show with a fantastic flow. Other than "Human Nature" and maybe the interludes, I don't see anything random in it. It also has the most balanced setlist for a M show by the way.

Oh and "Beat Goes On" rocks.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I liked what i saw during IGTTYAS. It seemed a lot more low key and less "flashy" then her other tours, but it still looked pretty cool. I LOVED 'American Life' and 'Lament', i'd like to see it all in full one day.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I'm impressed with it more than S&S to be honest. From what little i've seen of both anyway.

I don't know if Madonna's heart was in this show. It was like Madonna was pulling out the hits because of the failure of American Life. A couple of random old hits are always fun, but not a whole show of them. Borderline in Sticky and Sweet is one of the worst performances ever!! Talk about WTF!

I think her heart was totally into it. I loved it. Nobody Knows me was my fave performance. I'll never forget how the music started jamming and of her dancing on the moving stage. *so cool*! :inlove:

Guest orthocycline

i think if someone were to ask Madonna what her favorite tour has been, she'd say re-invention

my favorite performance is probably papa don't preach. i love how she spins around and the strings play as she talks and then randomly sings american lifesmileyhappy119.gif

NKM was fucking fantastic and is one of her top 10 best performances ever. At most of the shows I went to NKM got a bigger reaction from the crowd than the preceding song (Vogue). When the show ended people (flop fans :chuckle:) would ask on the way out "What song was that after Vogue?! It's amazing!"

Re-Invention proved everyone wrong. Madonna tours don't need more vintage Madonna. In fact, they almost always end up being the lowpoints. And Jesus Christ, why does Madonna reinventing a song always mean turning it into a generic "rock and roll" number, stripping away the melody, a couple "fuck you"s, and a middle finger? And let us all be reminded that this was the tour that effectively killed Holiday.

The highlights of the show were all the new songs (and ofcourse Vogue). Nobody Knows Me is just amazing, Jewish, techno space dance heaven and American Life is IN YA FACE.

It was the first Madonna tour I had the pleasure of seeing live though. I saw it in glamorous Worcester, Mass. Believe me, none of the bitching in this post even crossed my mind at the time.

Re-Invention proved everyone wrong. Madonna tours don't need more vintage Madonna. In fact, they almost always end up being the lowpoints. And Jesus Christ, why does Madonna reinventing a song always mean turning it into a generic "rock and roll" number, stripping away the melody, a couple "fuck you"s, and a middle finger? And let us all be reminded that this was the tour that effectively killed Holiday.

Said perfectly.

she had done LP or ISS in place of MG- the exact same way- they wouyld have been as "pointless" as MG, wouldn't they? :) MG at least went along, somewhat, with AL and "Hollywood." BU seemed out of place in that segment.

Madge just playing the guitar has become a staple of her live shows, so that's something we gotta get used to. But, there are enough wowish moments for us to deal with that.

The RIT highlights, for me, were:

* Vogue: Classic M, still vogueing but not the same choreography from the original

* Nobody Knows Me: Just M, just great.

* American Life: Epic treatment for such a blah tune (though the version performed is better than the album version)

* Express Yourself: More walk-through than, say, the BAT version, but I liked the military, Don't-Ask-Don't-Tell vibe, as well as the rifle dance

* Lament: Great segue from DADay to this; great vocals

* Like a Prayer: Simple performance, but it was a testament how powerful one song can be, that it practically gets the WHOLE room on their feet, hands clapping, all of that- was quite a sight

* Into the Groove: Energetic, fun- may haveb een better without the R&R lyrics, but she brought it back to the original ending in the end

* Crazy For You: Simple, but very nice dedication to the fans- plus, it hadn't been performed in almost 20 years, so it was a special moment

There wasn't anything that special about MG, BU, PDP, Holiday, etc. but I loved seeing them performed, regardless. "Frozen" was a lot simpler than DWT, but she sang it fine; "Hanky Panky" was fun, but it's not one of her best songs or anything; "Deeper and Deeper", eh, was ok, non-eventful. DTM was very similar to DWT/prior live performances, but at least she changed the outfit and added some new background music (i.e. "Bittersweet Symphony" and that other French music).