New Madonna Song?

TOUR2008

If it's a decent collaboration- no matter who it is- then great. MATM was a lazy-ass record (fine in dance remix form, tho).

Hard Candy's collaborations were alright, but none of them were WOW Madonna. Even though she always has amazed people with her ability to stay relevant commercially, some just don't like the *idea* of her collaborating with the hottest, younger acts. I can understand that- I mean, she's 50- how many 50 yo women hang in da hood with people half their age?

For myself, if this is true, I will wait to hear the full thing and then comment. I don't like the *idea* of it, though, as I'm sure many feel the same.

I do hope it's from his album- and what happened to the Timbaland track? When's that album being released?

Lately?! Gee, I think she's been coming across as increasingly desperate since Ray of Light, myself. :lol: But that hasn't prevented her from still coming up with the goods most of the time.

Just because Lil Wayne is more popular than her at the moment shouldn't automatically signal desperation, though. I'm just hoping that if this is true, it's not another "Me against the music" situation. Now that was truly mortifying. For me, her working with Lil Wayne is no more or less laughable than her working with Stuart Price. Or Timbaland. Or Neptunes. Or Nile Rodgers, for that matter. All are very well respected pop craftsmen.

And the idea of her and Lil Wayne is a hell of a lot more interesting and exciting a proposition to me than her and...Paul Oaknefold. :confused::lol:

In any case, we'll just have to wait and see.

Exactly!

I'm keeping an open mind about this. When somebody told me a few years ago she would be working with Kanye West, I would have rolled my eyes. However, "The Beat Goes On" is an absolutely fantastic track and one of her best output this decade.

I'm not a big R&B hip hop fan, but I think it's a good song. But I don't see how Madonna's vocals would work on this track. Nothing about it would suit her singing style.

Hopefully, it will stay on Lil Wayne's album.

Hey,

Nah, no news yet But I hope it is soon though.

And I don't know who produced it or when it was recorded.

All I know is that it is supposed to be from Madonna's upcoming album and they will be shooting a video for it.

Thanks, Daniel Mousdell

www.LilWayneHQ.com

Guest ursaminorjim
"Hard Candy" is a glaring example. Most of it sounds nothing like a Madonna album, and in my opinion, that is not a good thing.

Well, what does a Madonna album sound like, then? True Blue? American Life? Erotica? Madonna?

Guest Pud Whacker
Well, what does a Madonna album sound like, then? True Blue? American Life? Erotica? Madonna?

Like a Prayer, Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light...

Guest Danny86
Hey,

Nah, no news yet But I hope it is soon though.

And I don't know who produced it or when it was recorded.

All I know is that it is supposed to be from Madonna's upcoming album and they will be shooting a video for it.

Thanks, Daniel Mousdell

www.LilWayneHQ.com

This is a bit random, they did never record together, right? Maybe DJ Frank E recorded their vocals separately and created a duet or something? And if it's really from Madonna's GH album, then she's really continuing both the COADF and the HC direction with Oakenfold & Lil Wayne...

Exactly.

I think it was MaddysMuff who said only young fans think that Madonna has no signature sound and that HC sounds like her. :thumbsdown:

I hope it's not true. HC was enough.

There were rumors long ago about Madonna hooking up with Lil Wayne...

I agree 100%

here Im asking for a Madonna-Pat leonard collab and I get a Lil Wayne instead ahahahahahahah

Guest hot revolver

I dont see the big deal is. Lil Wayne is really innovative right now in Hip Hop. When Madonna collaborated wit timbaland his sound was getting old.

Guest Johnkm
I hope it's not true. HC was enough.

:)

I just hope it isnt true, Lil Wayne is just awful, there arent many types of music I cant listen to, but the sort of music he makes just hurts my ears.

I dont see the big deal is. Lil Wayne is really innovative right now in Hip Hop. When Madonna collaborated wit timbaland his sound was getting old.

yeah what's the big deal? If the song is good why does the genre of the song matter all that much? And from the snippet the song sounds pretty good. And Lil Wayne is very talented. If you want Madonna + Pat leonard then you're stuck in the 80's and you need to snap out of it.

If you want Madonna + Pat leonard then you're stuck in the 80's and you need to snap out of it.

Shut your hole! Im not stuck in the 80's and by the way its also 90's!

Lil Wayne is just horrible!

So I listened to the snippet (my last comment was about that I think this whole story about Madonna being on it is a joke).

I still think it's a made up rumor, there are no proof that Madonna is on it at all.

The song sounds a little like Lil Wayne does his own version of Britney's "Radar" or something. It's ok I guess. Nothing special

Shut your hole! Im not stuck in the 80's and by the way its also 90's!

Lil Wayne is just horrible!

Well that makes it ok since the 90s was yesterday and all... :lmao:

You know those old 80s (and 90s, can't forget the 90s) Madonna albums still exist. Working with Lil Wayne isn't taking them out of print. If partying with Pat like it's 1986 is what you crave, then grab your True Blue CASSETTE (lol) and have at it. Turn on the TV and maybe you'll even find a Mr. Belevedere rerun too!

Edited by hesser

Hahah, sure as hell wasn't expecting this. Madonna & Lil Wayne?! I'm probably one of the few people on here who actually likes rap, but Lil Wayne is extremely overrated. He's not some hip hop genius a lot of people are making him out to be. I would really be suprised if Madonna & Wayne did a song together, but then again Madonna does have a habit of hopping on the latest trends and he's big right now, so who know's?

I've liked maybe 3 Lil Wayne songs, but a friend was playing his album and being that I'm not a HUGE fan of Hip-Hop I have to say for a HIP-HOP album his sounded ok. It wasn't as "run of the mill" as others I've heard in recent years. I'm no Lil Wayne fan though and Lollipop could very well be one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard.

However, I'm completely open to hearing this. Again, the same suspects are up in arms before hearing anything and that is simply because some don't want her working with ANYBODY current and popular and then add the whole "hip-hop" thing into it and it's just too much for some...lol. Let's face it, as much as some of you PRETEND to be down with Hip-Hop/R&B for the sake of defending your arguments as to why she shouldn't work with this or that person, the bottom line is most Madonna fans ARE NOT major Hip-Hop/R&B lovers.

I'm only excited because it's a new Madonna track. I don't who she's working with. I'll hear it and love it or leave it. Unlike some I haven't already made up my mind that it's trash. I do hope that this will be the final nail in the coffin for some M fans and that this will completely drive some that are fed up with her because of HC out of here for good. :)

It's unexpected things like this that make me like and RESPECT HER MORE AS AN ARTIST ( :shock: ) because she will STILL "go there" when she knows most of her fans aren't neccesarily fans of this type of stuff. Not to mention the Hip-Hop fans who must be ready to slit their wrists at this point....LOL....I LOVE IT!!

I just hope it decent....if it's real of course.

Guest ursaminorjim

I thought the elephant in the room was the general close-mindedness of a largeish percentage of Madonna fans, myself.

:provoke:

Guest hot revolver
yeah what's the big deal? If the song is good why does the genre of the song matter all that much? And from the snippet the song sounds pretty good. And Lil Wayne is very talented. If you want Madonna + Pat leonard then you're stuck in the 80's and you need to snap out of it.

I Agree those fans need to be slapped asap.