The most iconic photograph of Madonna ever taken

Guest seancannon

I would say by far the TRUE BLUE album cover...

And most memorable images from her videos of course... in particular Vogue, Material Girl, Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Hung Up and Like A Prayer...

And this one:

affiche-In-bed-with-Madonna-Madonna-Trut

...also Madonna photographed by Kees Tabak from early... and one poster from the early years where she wears a leather hat and a wool pullover... and the one picture pre Erotica where she is smoking naked in bed...

i love this poster ...to me it was the pinacle of MADONNAs ICON STATUS.

I think the first real one I can remember was the "Healthy" T-shirt one with her armpits on view! So many people saw that and were amazed she wasn't cleanly shaven it got everybody talking. It's still a classic though. I even saw it on the wall in Eastenders!

There's also the one with the black mesh vest and frizzy hair with the yellow and purple lights. That was very big and got used a lot.

True Blue is a definite all time classic, as is the crotch grab from Express Yourself, the vogue shot, DSS movie poster, Material Girl vid and the BA conical bras. Subsequently, the cowboy hats from Music are always at her tours for sale, favoured by the slappers here :england:

Ugh. I cringe every time I see photos of her from that night. It's up there with the Swept Away look.

02-sa-dvd_102.jpg

ICONIC!!!! :demonic:

Agreed. & that has to be the Oldest She EVER LOOKED.

but seriously, I usually think thee Cones:

24386482-24386485-slarge.jpg

I am a 90's baby :)

02-sa-dvd_102.jpg

ICONIC!!!! :demonic:

Agreed. & that has to be the Oldest She EVER LOOKED.

Tell me about it. I actually quite like the film; though the original is better, but I think she looked absolutely horrid there. When she mimes "Come on-a My House" is probably the most horrific part. :zombie:

Tell me about it. I actually quite like the film; though the original is better, but I think she looked absolutely horrid there. When she mimes "Come on-a My House" is probably the most horrific part. :zombie:

"Come On a my House,

a My House...

Im GONNA GIVE YOU CAAA-AANNN-DDYYYY!!"

:rotfl:

People, people, people---ICONIC is not really your personal favorite or the ugliest but easily the most recognizable when shown to most, or the one that's had the most lasting impact or impression. After saying that I go with the TRUE BLUE cover, NOT my favorite (that's reserved for the LAV cover), but again, easily the most instantly recognizable.

Guest seancannon
People, people, people---ICONIC is not really your personal favorite or the ugliest but easily the most recognizable when shown to most, or the one that's had the most lasting impact or impression. After saying that I go with the TRUE BLUE cover, NOT my favorite (that's reserved for the LAV cover), but again, easily the most instantly recognizable.

you took the words right outta my mouth!

so this one has to be her most iconic:

madonna2311.jpg

:demonic:

I have to agree with what you stated regarding "the most iconic".

I like to add, that later generations will not be familiar with many of the photos posted in this thread. I do think "True Blue" will be more recognizable by the masses, yet their will be generations which will not recognize it and even more know who Madonna may be to the extent we know her.

I have to agree with what you stated regarding "the most iconic".

I like to add, that later generations will not be familiar with many of the photos posted in this thread. I do think "True Blue" will be more recognizable by the masses, yet their will be generations which will not recognize it and even more know who Madonna may be to the extent we know her.

I feel so old sometimes when I read people saying their first album was Ray of Light or Music!

I consider myself a latecomer as I only bought Like A Virgin in the summer of 85, albeit without Into The Groove on, then buying Madonna a few weeks later. At the time, I was pissed off when they add ITG to the former and a new cover to the latter.

Yeah, to me her really early stuff is the most iconic as that is what made her famous. True Blue was the first time she was really taken seriously and the album cover did a lot to convince people of her maturity as an artist.

• 1 month later...
1MadonnaErotica.jpg

madonna_hitchhike_nude.jpg

I must admit that agclef is right, but still - when I say 'Madonna' this is the picture that comes into my mind, since it's the first Madonna picture I saw for the first time in my life

The word 'iconic' should be BANNED from here and the media until people stop misusing it. It's so fucking sloppy to call everything you take a fancy to 'iconic'. We'll have iconic sausage rolls and iconic curtain rails next; it's ridiculous.

It's got to be this one, really. The True Blue cover was an iconic shot but I don't think it's as well remembered by the public as this one.

madonna-vogue1.jpg

This is just it. You know?

Guest iMisto
Not sure whether it's the most iconic, but most def in top 3:

steven_meisel_ns4.jpg

As somebody who wasn't around for the 80's and can barely remember the 90's.. (I'm 20), I have to say LAV is, hands-down, her MOST iconic photo. You old farts can say TB is her most iconic... but I guarentee you a wider age range can identify the LAV cover. :boxing:

Guest ursaminorjim

I don't think there's a single "most iconic" photograph of her. Most of her iconography comes from video. If pushed, I'd have to go notorious on this one:

madonna_hitchhike_nude.jpg

Guest seancannon

well it's like with Marilyn Monroe....the white dress....iconic..... so there has to be "one" of Madonna that is the quinticential her. I think it's the ponytail, cone bra from blonde ambition