EAST RUTHERFORD - October 4 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

FreeMySoul

er_110.jpg

ok, there i am in the blue lense/white rim glasses and tank top - FRONT ROW CATWALK!!!!!.

let me say - madonna is, of course, EVERYTHING. jersey, on hte other hand, is not. what a bunch of duds!!! at one point, i had to turn around and say - THIS IS JERESY??? - CMON JERSEY!!!!!

THE SHOW WAS GREAT, SHES TEENY TINY LIKE A LITTLE MOUSE., i loved it all. SO MANY personal special moments that arent up to be trivialized. madonna - gorgoeus, unbelieveable, top of her game. jersey = get a B-12 shot, youre tired.

:rotfl:

Omg Pud, I didn't know you were cute! :thumbsup:

STR wrote: 9h 25m ago

Madonna is the sleezy tramp of the entertainment world.

She writes the book "Erotica" to pervert the minds of the readers.

She then writes a children's book and promotes Kaballa.

There are young girls in their graves who have followed Madonna's lifestyle as she promotes sleeping with whoever you are with. There are many living with destoyed lives by following her lifestyle and messages.

Madonna mocks Jesus Christ as entertainment.

Madonna is a fool who will one day have to answer to God Almighty.

Regardless, she can be saved.

What must I do to be saved?

Repent and beleive in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.

Who soever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved through Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

hello people.. I'M STILL IN MIAMI SINCE 4:30 PM !!! THANKS AA !!! :scorpion::lame:

Anyways.. the show was great as I said early ... my favorite moments were Beat goes on ( first time she was so close to me ), Vogue, All the 80's segment and mostly Borderline... The Gypsy was very colurfull too and I really enjoyed La Isla..... my problem with the last section was that Like a Prayer was so so soo good that everything after , was not .... but Give to 2 me put me jumping up and down a lot so it's not fair to say that It wasn't a good closer... She was talking more than the first confessions show in MSG ( that I could remember )

Guest boytoyville

Pud, how did you manage to get a front row seat in NJ last minute? I've never been front row? How do you work your magic lol?

Most of the overwhelmingly positive reviews seems to state how the crowd was frenzied and on their feet.

I think we as superfans sometimes expect unrealistically crazy crowds.

Truth is, even the WORST Madonna crowd is more involved than any other show I've been to.

Also, Madonna ilicits genuine awe from just her presence. Many people just stare.

Guest gloriesbarcelona
You guys have to read the comments posted on USA Today:

LMAO! :lmao:

STR wrote: 9h 25m ago

Madonna is the sleezy tramp of the entertainment world.

She writes the book "Erotica" to pervert the minds of the readers.

She then writes a children's book and promotes Kaballa.

There are young girls in their graves who have followed Madonna's lifestyle as she promotes sleeping with whoever you are with. There are many living with destoyed lives by following her lifestyle and messages.

Madonna mocks Jesus Christ as entertainment.

Madonna is a fool who will one day have to answer to God Almighty.

Regardless, she can be saved.

What must I do to be saved?

Repent and beleive in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.

Who soever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved through Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

Gtr wrote: 8h 20m ago

Should be called, "the dried up , crusty stank tour"

mr right wrote: 9h 38m ago

are ppl actually paying to see this washed up wrinkled old has been???

dmmjsm wrote: 4h 1m ago

"Sarah Palin can't come to this party," she declared, after leading the audience in a festive a cappella version of Open Your Heart. "She is not in my show. She will never be in my show."

________________________________________________________________________________

______

I don't think Sarah is sweating not being there for the party, really.

I have always been a big fan of Madonna- I love her style, her music, and she has a great personality. But she and the rest of the entertainers aren't people I look to for political advise.

And at some point after this hard candy crisis, she needs to start gracefully exiting the limelight and help mentor or groom another great singer to take the reins. I think if the younger Madonna could see herself now, she would tell herself that its time to take a bow.

Duckydoodoo wrote: 4h 57m ago

What WOULD Sarah Palin do with a Madonna invitation? Use it as target practice. From a hovering helicopter. BOOM!

Ah, the precious mental opinions from a screwed up, aging pop queen. Calling McCain stupid. Stupid, like, NOT HAVING A PRE-NUP WHEN MARRYING A NOTHING BRITISH DIRECTOR WITH NO MILLIONS. Yeah, chick. Smart.

Royal Black wrote: 5h 13m ago

vilen25 wrote: 1h 42m ago

"Sarah Palin can't come to this party," she declared, after leading the audience in a festive a cappella version of Open Your Heart. "She is not in my show. She will never be in my show."

Hey, news flash to Madonna: Sarah Palin wouldn't want to come to the party hosted by a 50-year-old tramp, and neither would I.

---

But would Bristol Palin attend?

ProPhotographer wrote: 5h 51m ago

"Like a grandma... feeling menopause for the very first time... like a grandma." :lmao:

Matthew Rettenmu wrote: 6h 27m ago

Hey, "vilen25," know what the difference between Sarah Palin and a 50-year-old tramp is? Six years. Because 44-year-old Palin is a tramp—she cheated on her husband. Typical right-wing ideologue hypocrite. Madonna is a great artist and a great entertainer. And you know what? EVEN SHE would be more qualified than Sarah Palin. [wink]

alexandria789 wrote: 7h 18m ago

Let's hear it for the Senior Citizen Rockers!

SagiCap wrote: 7h 41m ago

Madonna said, "Sarah Palin can't come to this party........She will never be in my show".

Sarah Palin wouldn't lower herself to come to your disgusting show, Madonna. She is an intelligent, accomplished woman, you are ignorant sleezy trash.

This is when I realize how lucky I am to live in Europe. She gets really bad and bitter comments here as well, but when I read something so retarded, extremist, bad faith, shocking and dangerous like There are young girls in their graves who have followed Madonna's lifestyle ... in the name of Jesus and the Lord... I really feel for you guys!!! Having to live in a society that still consider these arguments as proper and rational, orientating it's fundations on the bible then smash them up at the first occasion but then get punished for it and then write a book about it then.... SUCH A ROLLERCOSTER!!!

Sometimes these over puritan comments have a really strong impact on me, I don't get it... like "I don't wanna see Janet's tit on TV but show me and my kids Saddam hanging from the ceiling at 8pm while we are eating..."

No offense but it's just so wrong to write that some young girls have died because they've listen to some pop star's songs...

ARE THEY FOR REAL?????

Edited by Glories

Guest Little Red

I really like her jab at Sarah Palin. it was done in a lighthearted way, unlike the let's-really-rub-it-in-now Get Stupid video. Funny to see people getting all itchy about it. LOL.

Matthew Rettenmu wrote: 6h 27m ago

Hey, "vilen25," know what the difference between Sarah Palin and a 50-year-old tramp is? Six years. Because 44-year-old Palin is a tramp—she cheated on her husband. Typical right-wing ideologue hypocrite. Madonna is a great artist and a great entertainer. And you know what? EVEN SHE would be more qualified than Sarah Palin. [wink]

:thumbsup:

alexandria789 wrote: 7h 18m ago

Let's hear it for the Senior Citizen Rockers!

:rotfl::bruised:

Maybe if she charged less than $354 a tik the "fun" people and younger would be in the crowd. the crowd may have been duds but at least no one was pushing from what i have heard.

good point about the expensive price of tickets

however as far as pushing goes, in the US everyone has assigned seats

Guest Pud Whacker
:wow::wow: CANNOT WAIT!

great reviews Pud, i got so psyched reading them.

:thumbsup:

---

sorry im not as talkative (some of you may be breathing a sigh of relief :lol: ) im on a shitty laptop.

OK...so here we go

My seat was fantastic, directly behind Rosie (and her new teeth :doofus: , which she told everybody) and as I later found out, next to Hector :). For the last 3 tours I've been able to see her up close w/in a few rows (this time without travelling out of state :) ) and I think her body looked the best this time. She was very energetic and I thought the crowd was great, not sure what everyone else is talking about. I thought the sound was pretty bad, though not her or the crew's fault. I think the venue just has bad acoustics. Overall it was a great show but I think I enjoyed Confessions more.

The highlights:

Vogue - loved the 4 Minutes incorporation and the choreography was killer. Probably my favorite of the night.

La Isla Bonita/Lela Pala Tute - As much as I think she should put this one to rest for awhile, it worked so fucking well with the gypsies etc. and was one of the best performances.

Miles Away - Definitely a crowd pleaser, great performance.

You Must Love Me - The one slow spot in the show, great arrangement and vocal.

Give It 2 Me - Loved the video game theme, the rave lighting. Fantastic.

She's Not Me - :wow:

Open Your Heart - though not a proper performance this is the one I've wanted her to do the most over the years, maybe the next tour??

And now for the less than stellar moments IMO. No performance was less than average, but I thought some of the arrangements were lacking. I'm not a fan of the ITG arrangement, the jump rope was great though. What was done Like A Prayer arrangement-wise is a sacrilege and Ray of Light was fun, but essentially the CT performance. Also I understand that it had to be done but 4 Minutes was not that great unless Justin decided to show up. Two of my favs off HC are Spanish Lesson and Heartbeat which I was expecting more from, but I need to see again to form a better opinion. I'm still looking forward to seeing her again next weekend though :D

posted on Madonnalicious

From Erik:

The show was incredible, as always! She went on around 9:20 and was flawless! The dance routines in this one are stunning. I think there may be less production and special effects than Confession Tour, but the choreography was amazing and the energy was fantastic!

The highlights of the night were Into The Groove (the rope jumping took my breath away and she never missed!!), She's Not Me (so much fun and what an ending), Like A Prayer (amazing remix!), and Give It 2 Me. Her vocals were a bit drowned out by the guitar in Human Nature and Ray Of Light, but they were still good tunes - loved the Britney video!

The video effects during Devil Wouldn't Recognize You were amazing, I loved the round screens that dropped over the end of the catwalk. We had Rosie O'Donnell in our audience and Madonna made a couple of anti-Sarah Palin remarks, saying 'This is what Palin's husband's snowmobile sounds like when it won't start', then making funny noises on her guitar.

She interacted well with the crowd, doing the usual telling fans to get on their feet ('I'm on my feet, fair is fair' she said). I, of course, was on my feet the entire time! I loved the sing-along part, too, she sang Open Your Heart and of course messed up the words a bit, but she laughed it off! It's great to see her laugh, smile and wink on stage - makes you think she's having fun up there!

Thanks Madonna, for another wonderful evening of singing, dancing, and screaming my head off!

From James Lamboglia:

I saw Madonna at the Izod in New Jersey on Saturday night. This was my 12th Madonna concert. I had a blast. I think many people think Confessions was her best tour. Madonna manages to top herself again.

I was very pleasantly surprised by how amazing the new versions of Ray of Light, Human Nature, & Like a Prayer sounded live. I was only about 8 feet from the end of the catwalk on the floor. Madonna looked beautiful. She is a tiny lady. I was really impressed with her body. She is so athletic and fit. She has the ideal dancer's body. You can tell she is strong, and she has non-stop energy.

You Must Love Me was also a moving part of the concert. The expressions on Madonna's face were of a sweet little girl.

From John:

Well let me just say that she was DEFINITELY worth the wait last night!

We got into the show at 7:45 thinking that she would be on stage no later than 8:30, we were wrong, by 9:00, we thought something was going on or happened technically that would hold her up. People got so restless that 'THE WAVE' started around the Izod Center, people were really into it, it was quite comical.

FINALLY around 9:15-9:30, the lights dimmed and BAM the 'M' showed on the screens and we were off on the Madonna ride!

The sound was hidden by the roar of the crowd as the 'pinball' segment opened the show, then....C-A-N-D-Y, and there she was, looking so fresh and just beautiful.

I have seen every show of Madonna's since Blond Ambition, and this current show reminded me of the 'freeness' if that is a word of The Girlie Show. Madonna really interacted with the crowd, and it did not seem forced like it did on Confessions or even REinvention. She seemed to be having a blast, and it was all genuine.

The setlist was amazing, and even after seeing the show mostly on Youtube, that just doesn't compare to the Live Show! Her energy NEVER let up, from Candy Shop to Give It 2 Me, she was amazing, and I cannot believe that she is 50! She proved last night that age IS just a number!

Now me and my other half are thinking of going back to New York City for next weekend's shows. It's well worth it!

We left the show so energized and wondering what is the next step for Madonna....who can say? I mean she has literally done EVERYTHING, maybe she will fool us into thinking she is going to take a break....and then BAM!

From Michelle:

At about 8:15 we saw Guy Oseary walking around and we went up to him and took a pic with him and also spoke with him about getting better seats. He said we should have asked him earlier as he already gave them all away. He told us that we had the best seats in the house already and that we shouldn't move. We were in section 9, row H, seats 1-4. 8 rows back from the catwalk, we had the best views of her on the stage and catwalk. Rosie O'Donnell arrived at about 9 pm, I gave her a high-five as she walked right by me. The crowd went crazy when Rosie entered and the fans swarmed her for pictures.

Then the entire stadium started to do the wave, making it last 5 times around. The show started at about 9:30 pm and it was pure fun. She was in a great mood, talked to the audience a lot and she seemed to be having a great time. She said she was happy to be back in America.

For the request section she said she saw all the signs fans were holding up with 'Open Your Heart' written on them and that we were giving her a clue. 'Do you want me to sing Open Your Heart?', she asked.

We had a great time. The Icon fanclub presale seats turned out to be amazing.

From Trinta976:

I have been lucky enough to be at the concert in NJ last night. She was amazing. Her voice, her body, dancers and art work better than ever....only complaint is that people always complain about Madonna always being late (her show didnt start till 9:22pm last night) however I'm sure she would have started it at 8:00pm if all of her fans would have been there at 8:00pm. Her fans are late, not Madonna, and the complaints of lack of old material. How many times does she have to do Like A Virgin or Material Girl? She was promoting Hard Candy not old records. Let her do her stuff and lets just enjoy it.

Isn't this why we love her. The reinvention and ability to keep us gessing and being fresh. I have been a Madonna fan all my life. I was lucky enough to have met her through the Icon fan club when she was promoting Lotsa de Casha in NYC. Meeting, talking to and shaking her hand has been the highlight of my 30yrs of living. She has helped me come out of the closet at 15, deal with depression and suicide when I was younger and getting me off drugs. I got a tattoo with her name and her portrait on my upper back as a tribute.

She has always been and will always be my guardian angel. She is and will always be the Queen of Pop.

I know they were just for the stadium shows, but I'm going to miss the big Ms on the side of the stage. They were so grand!

Well they'll probably be back since there are several stadium shows in North America and South America.

Guest Stevie

OMG!! It's a fucking pussy cat doll performance...

Madonna where are you at?? I miss you girl.

I think her brothers book and her troubled marriage took every thing she had. I don't think that she had the time or energy to do anything better. But why didn't she just cancel the tour until she could come up with something better? Her fans would of understand.

Edited by Stevie

Guest boytoyville

Here is a great video of Give It To Me. You can see Pud jumping up & down at the front of the catwalk in it! hehe

I think her brothers book and her troubled marriage took every thing she had. I don't think that she had the time or energy to do anything better. But why didn't she just cancel the tour until she could come up with something better? Her fans would of understand.

You build a better tour from the HC album.

I'm sorry, but you know not what you speak. Go to the show then get back to us.

thanks! :)

:megamanson:

Here is a great video of Give It To Me. You can see Pud jumping up & down at the front of the catwalk in it! hehe

this looks SICK!

to bad i cant afford those front row tickets, hell even floor tickets, on my college income *sigh*.seriously whats a boy gotta do around here for those tickets :dramatic:

love seeing Pud in that clip...guy knows how to have fun!