EAST RUTHERFORD - October 4 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

FreeMySoul

Overall great show.

Open Your heart worked great at the request section. Great surprise!

She trashed Sarah Palin twice. The first time she said "This is my show. Not a Sarah Palin show. She will never be into my show" or something to that extent. And then before the Hung Up guital solo she said this is how it sounds when Sarah Palin talks and she did the solo. I thought it was cool.

The Gypsy section was good but I thought it went on for too long. What was the point of the second gypsy song after the La Isla Bonita mash up? It was awkward. After You Must Love Me she kind of lost the crowd. It was weird indeed. I was expecting a better response to Like A Prayer and Ray Of Light. But her vocals were bad in both songs or maybe the sound wasn't good? Couldn't hear what she was singing.

She got the crowd back with Hung Up.

The first part of Give It 2 Me didn't work. I'm not sure that Jody Broeder (whatever his name is) remix was the right one for the concert. And But then when she stopped and asked the crowd to sing Give it 2 me it worked better. I loved how she left the stage and ended the concert.

It was a real fun show. More concert-y and less theatrical than confessions. She interacted a lot with the audience or at least more that usual. She sung live most of it and danced a lot. My favorite was "Heartbeat". It is one of my favorite songs from HC and she performed quite nicely I should say. It also fit perfectly in that section with her odler hits and She's Not Me.

HEEEEEEEYY !!!!!

ME and GLITTERCANDY wanna know if the AIR CON. was on or NOT ????????????? :bruised:

THERE WAS AIR CONDITIONING IT JUST GOT HOT AT THE END.... CROWD WAS HORRIBLE EVERYONE WAS SLEEPING IT SEEMED. MADGE WAS ON FIRE SHE ROCKED IT....... THANKYOU HECTOR FOR THE LOVELY BUS AND TRAIN RIDE.. HOPE TO SEE YOU AT MSG.

just got home.. the show was great ..I had a great time with all the people around me... For me the second and this section were the best one ... The last section was good but for me only Like a Prayer and Give it 2 Me ( from that section ) put me jumping and dancing .....

I really enjoyed the show and took fantastic pics.. I was 3 row from the left part of the end of catwalk and she went to that part quite often....

I was surprised that she sang OYH, but as Hector said, there were a lot of people with the OYH request paper in their hands... she remember the basic :brenspin::inlove:

I'll upload my pics tomorrow cause my connection is not very good right now !

THERE WAS AIR CONDITIONING IT JUST GOT HOT AT THE END.... CROWD WAS HORRIBLE EVERYONE WAS SLEEPING IT SEEMED. MADGE WAS ON FIRE SHE ROCKED IT....... THANKYOU HECTOR FOR THE LOVELY BUS AND TRAIN RIDE.. HOPE TO SEE YOU AT MSG.

you're right ..she was very energetic today ...

Just got home. SHE WAS AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!!! Borderline, Vogue, Like A Prayer were the highlightss but EVERYTHING WAS SOOOOOO GOOOOD!!! This was my first S&S show and I have to say that compared to the first time I saw Confessions, I had so much more fun on this one. I eventually saw Confessions 9 times and it eventually ended up as my favorite Madonna show ever but S&S will be in strong contention cuz I had a blast tonight. I will see all the 4 NY shows and I can't wait till Monday.

My God Borderline, just hearing her sing that song again after 23 years is just unbelievable. What really struck me was how much better the classic songs on this tour are than Reinvention or Confessions.

The crowd was really good too. I went to see Reinvention in this same venue & this crowd was much more alive and loud. Confessions may have had more of a WOW moment because of the opening but this show is more fun. The WOW moments for this show are less visual but more the surprises like Open Your Heart for the request portion. She was so cute saying during the chorus that it was too high for her. Another WOW moment was Like A Prayer, not the visuals, but the mashup really worked and everyone just lost it on this one. You Must Love Me was another WOW moment for its simplicity and she sang it so beautifully and the crowd really showed their appreciation for this one. Among the new songs, my favorites were Beat Goes On, She's Not Me, Miles Away and Give It To Me but as I said the whole show was so good. She had a couple of verbal swipes at Sarah Palin which the crowd loved and Obama was wildly applauded during the Get Stupid video.

That's all for now, I'm so tired. To everyone yet to see the show, go there with just one thing in mind, TO HAVE FUN and believe me, you will have blast.

Oh, did I say I loved Borderline :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

open your heart

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OYH = amazing. lovin it, thanks.

altho.... everyone said the crowd was sad and sleeping but they sound hyped to me...unless

this is some other nite????

I just got back from the show, it was amazing, however the lamest crowd ive ever seen at a concert, it was weird... I wonder if anyone else will agree with me

Actually it was pretty good for a Jersey crowd. I was there for Reinvention and this crowd was much louder. But this cannot compare to a New York crowd so New York, bring it on.

oh my god! i can't wait until monday!!!! wooo hooooo!

i saw the girlie show at the izod (then continental arena) on october 17th in 93 almost exactly 15 years ago! scary!

Rosie didnt have a sign

Adam tried to give her one

and we told her there was a request section

she said that no there wasnt

i told her there was all in europe

she said, "that was all pretend and if she held up a sign, madonna would be texting her, 'what the fuck are you holding up?' "

when madonna finally announced the REQUEST section, rosie turned to us, laughed, and adam high fived her - lol

Guest Danny86
my voice is shot

i have several vids

amazing show

there are no words

Glad to hear you loved it! :thumbsup: Hope we'll get to see the videos soon!

Techjunkie, the press reviews were already posted in their own thread. :)

Guest sherry213

The show was just amazing I think thats all I can say, but the crowd to me was sleeping, and not as into it as I was expecting I guess, only a few people I noticed went all out and dressed up and had fun with it, the black running pants with the rinestones on the side! you were awesome and yr friends Hard Candy jacket, that was so good too!..If u are on this board and read this btw :) but overall boring NJ boring!

oh my god! i can't wait until monday!!!! wooo hooooo!

i saw the girlie show at the izod (then continental arena) on october 17th in 93 almost exactly 15 years ago! scary!

Madonna did not do the Girlie Show at Continental Arena in 1993. You must be thinking of another tour.

I'm happy that everyone had a great time. And the videos with "Open Your Heart" are amazing. That moment must have been unbelievable. The idea with the signs for the request section is a really good one. Oh and I love Rosie, good for the people who meet her.

on october 17, 1993 she played MSG

you're right. Cause i went to the MSG shows and i remember it being in mid-october. Cant find my ticket stub though to verify the date i went. I also went to the Philadelphia show and i believe those were the only 2 east coast cities she played.

The philly show took place during the world series i believe? I remember a lot going on that night.

Guest Pud Whacker

er_110.jpg

ok, there i am in the blue lense/white rim glasses and tank top - FRONT ROW CATWALK!!!!!.

let me say - madonna is, of course, EVERYTHING. jersey, on hte other hand, is not. what a bunch of duds!!! at one point, i had to turn around and say - THIS IS JERESY??? - CMON JERSEY!!!!!

THE SHOW WAS GREAT, SHES TEENY TINY LIKE A LITTLE MOUSE., i loved it all. SO MANY personal special moments that arent up to be trivialized. madonna - gorgoeus, unbelieveable, top of her game. jersey = get a B-12 shot, youre tired.

:rotfl:

er_110.jpg

ok, there i am in the blue lense/white rim glasses and tank top - FRONT ROW CATWALK!!!!!.

let me say - madonna is, of course, EVERYTHING. jersey, on hte other hand, is not. what a bunch of duds!!! at one point, i had to turn around and say - THIS IS JERESY??? - CMON JERSEY!!!!!

THE SHOW WAS GREAT, SHES TEENY TINY LIKE A LITTLE MOUSE., i loved it all. SO MANY personal special moments that arent up to be trivialized. madonna - gorgoeus, unbelieveable, top of her game. jersey = get a B-12 shot, youre tired.

:rotfl:

u were there! i would've loved to meet u.