EAST RUTHERFORD - October 4 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

FreeMySoul

Guest sherry213

I just got back from the show, it was amazing, however the lamest crowd ive ever seen at a concert, it was weird... I wonder if anyone else will agree with me

I just got back from the show, it was amazing, however the lamest crowd ive ever seen at a concert, it was weird... I wonder if anyone else will agree with me

Booo.

but YEAh to open your heart! :dramatic:

What do you expect from NJ?

Well was the AC on? was it hot? Did confetti fall? tell us about the show.

Overall great show.

Open Your heart worked great at the request section. Great surprise!

She trashed Sarah Palin twice. The first time she said "This is my show. Not a Sarah Palin show. She will never be into my show" or something to that extent. And then before the Hung Up guital solo she said this is how it sounds when Sarah Palin talks and she did the solo. I thought it was cool.

The Gypsy section was good but I thought it went on for too long. What was the point of the second gypsy song after the La Isla Bonita mash up? It was awkward. After You Must Love Me she kind of lost the crowd. It was weird indeed. I was expecting a better response to Like A Prayer and Ray Of Light. But her vocals were bad in both songs or maybe the sound wasn't good? Couldn't hear what she was singing.

She got the crowd back with Hung Up.

The first part of Give It 2 Me didn't work. I'm not sure that Jody Broeder (whatever his name is) remix was the right one for the concert. And But then when she stopped and asked the crowd to sing Give it 2 me it worked better. I loved how she left the stage and ended the concert.

It was a real fun show. More concert-y and less theatrical than confessions. She interacted a lot with the audience or at least more that usual. She sung live most of it and danced a lot. My favorite was "Heartbeat". It is one of my favorite songs from HC and she performed quite nicely I should say. It also fit perfectly in that section with her odler hits and She's Not Me.

Edited by dimfanis

wow i'm surprised she remembered the verse to "open your heart." i figured that she would just sing the chorus.

i wonder if she knew ahead of time that she would be singing it. even i would have had to think for a little bit about how that song starts without hearing the music first.

wow i'm surprised she remembered the verse to "open your heart." i figured that she would just sing the chorus.

i wonder if she knew ahead of time that she would be singing it. even i would have had to think for a little bit about how that song starts without hearing the music first.

Some fans of Mfanzine flyered the parking lot with those OYH signs. :thumbsup:

Rosie O'Donnell was seated one row right in front of me. We were right in front of the catwalk stage. There must've been at least 50 people on the floor holding up those sheets for Open Your Heart. When Rosie saw those sheets before the show, she remarked that she was very doubtful that Madonna would sing it. When Madonna obliged to sing some of OYH later that night, Rosie turned around and went "OMG she's doing it!".