ATHENS - September 27 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

Guest bulgar

Just got in. Show was massive naturally. She did Express Yourself (twice) in the request section and wore the black jacket for the 80s segment. I can't say she was in great spirits, i think maybe she was a bit tired. Minor technical glitches like her not being able to take off her jacket for BGO and a screen not working for the first half of music. All in all amazing show as was to be expected but the end was a bit of a letdown.

On the non-Madonna related side, I vow to NEVER do a stadium show again. I was something like 10 feet from the edge of the catwalk but it was unbeliavebly, inhumanely exhausting. And who ever said you can see the bottom of the gay barrel at a Madonna show was right. I was embarrassed for them. Sry.

On the non-Madonna related side, I vow to NEVER do a stadium show again. I was something like 10 feet from the edge of the catwalk but it was unbeliavebly, inhumanely exhausting. And who ever said you can see the bottom of the gay barrel at a Madonna show was right. I was embarrassed for them. Sry.

What do you mean? Were people really rude or something? Or just hysterical?

Both. People shoving and pushing and being rude and referring to each other as females and wearing COWBOY HATS. I mean REALLY. But I dont want to dwell on that. Madonna was great and she really is breathtakingly beautiful in person. And I really enjoyed her guitar playing oddly bar HU. Borderline was a huge hughlight for me as was Human Nature.

OH OH Guy Oseary was working the barricade talking to the HOT TICKETS people and I saw him get up and leave during GI2M so he probably watched the show from there.

He does that eveytime.He went before the show when I talked to him and then I saw him walking backstage during ROL, but he wasn't there watching the show.

I just came back. There are no words! Just no words! You cannot compare what I saw today with the London show.

The crowd was impressive! She couldn't even start singing You must Love me because everyone was screaming her name!!Just an example..

She was amazing. SO beautiful and happy! Much more than London. She was impressed by the crowd! She really enjoyed the request part because everyone was crazy!

She said what a fucking amazing crowd that we are! Or something like that. I'm not sure. I didn't hear

So nice.. She really had a lot of fun! Before Doli Doli, when she is drinking a bit, she had two drinks!!Because the crowd was screaming! She said, another one for you or something like that!

I was shocked about how good Ray of Light worked with the audience and the whole thing!

She's Not Me and Like a Prayer just magnificent. The best for me!!!

Let the american fans enjoy now! And not only!

And some pics

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01429.jpg

And me waiting! lol I guess you can see a guy with cowboy hat behind me that GimmeSomeMO mentioned above! Don't be so strict with the people GimmeSomeMo! Just the fact that some people acted as you said above means nothing. You are in a Madonna show! I have seen way worse things in other Madonna concerts abroad! I bet you are so frustrated because it was so exhausting! To wait so much! And the stadium had almost no plan about how to let the crowd in!! Everyone was running like crazy!It was funny but a bit unfair! Videos tomorrow or later!

DSC01431.jpg

The hat again!lol

DSC01427.jpg

Edit: From Madonnatribe

Which is the "request song" Madonna has done tonight in Athens? It's 11 pm local time and our team member Vincy from cold and windy Athens reports the Queen Of Pop made the public sing the Express Yourself chorus and bridge as usual but... she made them sing it TWICE tonight! The public is very hot and Madonna is very happy, energetic and in a great mood tonight.

Yes the crowd was amazing and she did like the chanting her name part. And after she did EY the first time she said TO GET WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE YOU NEED TO EXPRESS YOURSELF or something to that effect and made us sing it again. My main issue with the way we got in was that they just basically let everyone in at the same time and everyone started running hysterically and then after we got there people were continually pushing me to take my place. I just sit down and rest for a second someone tried to muscle their way ahead of me. I don't know maybe I'm not used to stadium shows. LAP rocked the house as did ROL as you said and also people knew all the words to the HC material and responded very well to Heartbeat and She's Not Me.

Oh also she put the guitar in her crotch for HN like Prince did at the Superbowl and that was awesome also it was really something to see Madonna jump double dutch esp when she had to take a second to think before she jumped in. That was sweet. Oh and before SNM she said have you ever had a friend that does everything like you like FUCK your boyfriend and SUCK your boyfriend and FUCK your boyfriend :chuckle: That was cool too.

Guest SuperPop

just got back...totally knackered...

another amazing night for the Queen....zillion times better than the Wembley gig, mainly because she was on a great form and mood..she was constantly laughing (especially at the end of 'You must love me' the way she giggled because the crowd singed her last words before her was amazing)

the highlight of the night was ofcourse LAP where she brought down the house and the crowd was transported with joy...

this time also she was very interactive in the request part which was quite long (she asked from us to say 'ooh-ooh' in everything she asks us..but most people were confused and they were responding with a yes..so half of the stadium was screaming yes, the other half 'ooh-ooh'..it was hilarious..)

she also said what a beautiful city is Athens and she 'hugged' everyone in the GI2M finale before she leaves the stage...

Guest SuperPop

in more detail..

Candy Shop - her most unispiring entrance...at least it was classy and not that bad as in the promo gigs

Beat goes on - very cool and impressive (especially the ending with the car)

Human Nature - very meh..although I love the song, this perfomance was boring...the fact that she singed it badly enough (both in Athens and Wembley) didnt help.

Vogue - the first great perfomance of the night...although the 4M sample worked nicely in the beginning of the song , the crowd went wild when the original house beat entered towards the very end...

Die Another Day [interlude] - the best interlude of the night

Into the groove - she really enjoys this perfomance which is FUN all the way...really great...

Heartbeat - nothing special...not bad not great...

Borderline - LOVED it ..this new version of the song is fantastic...although in Athens most people didnt knew it, because it wasnt a big hit over here...

She's not me - despite the fact that in Wembley I wasnt impressed - as many fans had said it is one of the show's highlights - tonight in Athens I totally loved it...the end is very remiscent of the CT's 'Let It Will Be' perfomance but it is still fantastic...

Music - good perfomance but she has done much better perfomances of that song..and she will never top the CT version..it was also the first song with which the crowd went really wild...

Rain/Here Comes the Rain Again [interlude] - terrible..as others have previously mentioned ,why we need to hear a Eurythmics song in a Madonna concert?..she should have sticked with 'Rain' only..

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You - absolutely GRAND..the most classy and theatrical perfomance of the night...fantastic

Spanish Lesson - and now the most tedious perfomance of the night...disastrous choice of a song...she should have performed 'Voices' instead which would perfectly fit with the whole 'enigmatic black hood' style...

Miles Away - like in Wembley tonight this song got the most enthousiastic reception out of all the HC tracks from the crowd (bar ofcourse the 2 singles) and deservedly..I loved the part in the end...

La Isla Bonita/Lela Pala Tute - I simply ADORE this version..although I've seen it also in Live Earth it was still an amazing perfomance and as always a crowd pleaser...

You Must Love Me - :clap: :clap: GORGEOUs....so simple but yet so beautiful...one of the highlights of the night and the most emotional part of the show..

Get Stupid [interlude] - or in other words 'Sorry (Remix) - Interlude' part 2

4 Minutes - hmm I forgot about this..this must be the worst perfomance of the night (considering also that it is such a big hit)...she seemed extremely bored singing it..and she sounded HORRIBLE..

Like a prayer - :bow: :bow: :bow: FLAWLESS...the best moment of the whole night and one of her best perfomances of her career...only for that you need to see the whole show...the song works amazingly with the Felix sample and the result is divine...the crowd went nuts over that perfomance...this should have been the closing song..what a wasted opportunity (it could have been her best closing EVER)

Ray of Light - it is amazing how well this version of the song works with the crowd...although it was copy-pasted from the CT it was still fantastic and rocked the whole stadium..

Hung Up - much much better than the abysmal version of the promo gigs but still it was miles away from the brilliance of the original version...also one of the biggest crowd pleasers of the night..

Give it 2 Me - I loved it...this new version gives the extra 'oomph' that the original lacked (I am talking about the house/dance beat that is added in the new version...)...great perfomance although LAP would have been the perfect finale...

OVERALL: another excellent tour from the Queen...I find my self lucky that I have the privilege too see her live..she is definitely the biggest star alive..a phenomenon for her age...this new tour is all about FUN FUN FUN...it is not as good as CT (which was flawless) due to its dud moments (Spanish Lesson, 4M, Human Nature) but it is still one of the best fucking shows you will ever witness ...

My main issue with the way we got in was that they just basically let everyone in at the same time and everyone started running hysterically and then after we got there people were continually pushing me to take my place. I just sit down and rest for a second someone tried to muscle their way ahead of me. I don't know maybe I'm not used to stadium shows.

U should have told me u needed some preparation :fag:

Sounds like a great concert. I'm just worried now that the organization will be the same way for all her stadium dates. Will I have to continually fight for my spot so some asshole won't muscle his way in front of me? :confused: