Has the tour had a noticeable impact on HC album sales?

jonski43

Guest superman
And I agree with you... The MOTHERFUCKERS from her record company should release "The Beat Goes On" as a single ASAP to not cool down... especially after all TVs only showing this song and "Candy Shop".

i agree, 3rd single is a must and ASAP while the album still hot and not to cool down. THe Beat Goes on - is the answer!! not Miles Away.

Guest superman
Warner music Netherland officially confirms Miles Away as third single! :thumbsup:

its gonna be another mistake, who wants boring song like Miles Away? as many people insist BGO in the survey though still hoping for u.s release is BGO , its not confirmed yet, and yes, in europe but no confirmation here in north america.

• 2 weeks later...

A few days after the Athens concert HARD CANDY has shot back to #1 and GI2M is now #1 in Itunes-Greece. Plus 3 more HC songs are in Top10. I heard similar things happening in Montenegro after the concert. So yes, the tour does have an impact on sales... :thumbsup:

Edited by Madonna-Greece

• 2 weeks later...

oh LOL ......it could end upyo-yoing up and down very badly then. iwont be surprised if it wil be atno 190 next week witha sales increase of about 300

The album has a good chance of benefitting slightly from the Xmas Rush. Very slightly.

But only 201 more copies sold than the previous week :chuckle:

30 places up = 200 + copies sold... the music industry is really fucked.

They showed the final Ugly Betty in the UK on Friday and it was just full of HC songs! I even liked Candy Store when Naomi Campbell came on at the baseball.

However, I am not sure people would really realise what they were hearing. Shame as it was great PR.

i think madge has a distinct enough voice for people to know that it's her, don't you? my other half did and he has never heard any of the album.

Guest nothingfails0603

it is funny how times have changed. In 1987, her first two albums re-entered the album charts and True Blue went back into the top 40 as a result of the WTG tour. Granted, TIC seems to have supplanted the earlier albums when it comes to smaller fans, but still... funny that people who would see her 20 years ago would run out and buy the albums they didn't yet have after seeing her and now it might boost her albums by ten copies.

it is funny how times have changed. In 1987, her first two albums re-entered the album charts and True Blue went back into the top 40 as a result of the WTG tour. Granted, TIC seems to have supplanted the earlier albums when it comes to smaller fans, but still... funny that people who would see her 20 years ago would run out and buy the albums they didn't yet have after seeing her and now it might boost her albums by ten copies.

well...nobody, nearly nobody is running out to buy an album

Well it's a lot easier to spread the love when you've only got 3 albums to your name with 14 hit singles between the 3 of them versus at this point 20+ albums and your latest is hovering around gold.

I don't understand why some people don't get Madonna is NOT touring to sell her cd ...THE TOUR is what she's selling that's where the money is coming from.. Hard Candy is just the new batch of sons to add to the live show. If HC somehow added a million copies in the US to equal Confessions that would barely make ANY difference finanicially .. I bet is anyone asked her would she rather sell 3 million units US or sell out a week at MSG in NYC ... i'll bet she would choose the shows.

I don't understand why some people don't get Madonna is NOT touring to sell her cd ...THE TOUR is what she's selling that's where the money is coming from.. Hard Candy is just the new batch of sons to add to the live show. If HC somehow added a million copies in the US to equal Confessions that would barely make ANY difference finanicially .. I bet is anyone asked her would she rather sell 3 million units US or sell out a week at MSG in NYC ... i'll bet she would choose the shows.

:thumbsup:

MTV is gone. Most CD stores are gone. Over the next few years artists who can't bring in an audience, at $20 or $500, will be out of work. Madonna ended up at the top of her game.

:thumbsup:

MTV is gone. Most CD stores are gone. Over the next few years artists who can't bring in an audience, at $20 or $500, will be out of work. Madonna ended up at the top of her game.

I agree. Madonna was smart enough to know where the industry was going and there is nothing to be made in CD sales anymore (though I still wish she promoted Hard Candy more. :p ) And yes, MTV is all but dead. Look how artists are not evening premiering their new videos on MTV anymore. They are doing it on talkshows like Ellen and 20/20 or whatever show Britney premired her new video on.

At least one thing can be said about Madonna. With CD sales in the crapper it looks like the chances of Madonna being dethroned as the top selling female of all time are slim to none.

Poor Moo Moo. She wont even have CD sales and her tours flop. How will the pig ever pay her food bill from now on?

i think madge has a distinct enough voice for people to know that it's her, don't you? my other half did and he has never heard any of the album.

Actually, no. Certainly not in the clips shown and Madonna is not known for distinctive voice in comparison to Whitney and Mooriah.

Guest Danny86

Exactly. Why still live in the past instead of accepting that nobody buys albums anymore and it's all about tours and digital singles. That's why I never got the "how could HC sell only as much as AL in the US when AL didn't have a huge hit like "4 Minutes". :snore: