Should We Declare HARD CANDY Dead Already?

Cherish

I agree the days of Madonna having triple platinum albums in the U.S are over, but you might have thought HC would be doing better on the charts. Where did they go wrong? GITM was a poor choice for the 2nd single, or U.S radio won't play Madonna unless she's the backup vocal for Justin Timberlake & Timberland?

I've little faith MILES AWAY will do much better than GITM!

The best we can hope for is Madonna has a successful tour, and the first project she does for Live Nation is something far more innovative than generic R&B stuff.

I agree the days of Madonna having triple platinum albums in the U.S are over, but you might have thought HC would be doing better on the charts. Where did they go wrong? GITM was a poor choice for the 2nd single, or U.S radio won't play Madonna unless she's the backup vocal for Justin Timberlake & Timberland?

I've little faith MILES AWAY will do much better than GITM!

The best we can hope for is Madonna has a successful tour, and the first project she does for Live Nation is something far more innovative than generic R&B stuff.

if MADGE wants radio play in US : release a song featurign KANYE...its that simple.

*** PS. i cant say fro where i got this info..but i know that M will be releasing candysop

as a single with a special rap bit from 50 cents..........remembah....i told ya so. wink. :nocomment:

*** PS. i cant say fro where i got this info..but i know that M will be releasing candysop

as a single with a special rap bit from 50 cents..........remembah....i told ya so. wink. :nocomment:

The radio won't play 50 either. The las G unit album was a FLOP.

Yes.

She planned this tour way before the launch of the album as always, and when the tour details surfaced she forgets about promotion, etc.

I agree.. she shot the project in the head way too soon. Unfortunately she released the album to support the tour and not the other way around.

Guest jamesshot

My big question is the upcoming compilation spanning her 25 years with WBR. Shouldn't we be hearing something about it by now? Some rumors at least?

I wonder how well the compilation will do. Obviously WBR is more concerned with promoting it than HC.

OF COURSE "Miles Away" won't do anything on the USA charts. Goes without saying.

I would say that the bulk of HC sales have taken place- it's possible it could stabilize a little when the tour hits the USA. But, yah, it's not gonna seell a heap of a lot more. And, not many albums in general reach triple platinum status any longer, with album sales down as they are- just a handful. it seems.

USA radio is not very open to a solo Madonna single these days.

Guest Nichu94

Not dead yet... In USA is almost dead, not in the rest of the world

Still in top 10 in Europe

Still in top 20 world

Still in top 100 USA

Not dead, but sales are so low in summer as there are very few new releases....

The tour may help European sales but Miles Away I dont think it will. It is a wrong choice again. TBGO ahould have been chosen instead to support the tour, not because West, but just cause it is a better track

Guest Danny86
I agree.. she shot the project in the head way too soon. Unfortunately she released the album to support the tour and not the other way around.

That's Madonna-Live Nation for you. Get used to it.

Guest Nichu94
Not dead, but sales are so low in summer as there are very few new releases....

The tour may help European sales but Miles Away I dont think it will. It is a wrong choice again. TBGO ahould have been chosen instead to support the tour, not because West, but just cause it is a better track

Agree, BGO is so much better than MA...

Maybe with a great high budget video (That she's not going to do) MA could have some chances to become a moderate hit...

Actually HC is the third album most sold during the release of 2008 and nr 5 on the overall chart.

The era is not ending cause another 2 singles ( at least one with physical release and another only radio and digital ) ,and the tour all around the globe. Probably in US Hard candy will finished around 700.000 copies before the end of the year but in the rest of the world HC has the chance to stay in top 20/30 for a long time thanks to the tour.

For sure , and for a 1000 reasons , this is not Coadf era but this isn't a flop era.