"The Beat Goes On" USA Airplay

iasonas

^Are you on crack?

I Deserve It, I'm So Stupid, Push and Intervention should have been singles?

I cant see any of them having done any better than the chosen singles

I think that "Miles Away" is perfect for Europe. I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think "Beat Goes On" is a wise move for the next European single. In the U.S., on the other hand, I think that "Beat Goes On" is the obvious 3rd single. After all, a handful of stations are already playing it. Save "Miles Away" for the 4th U.S. single.

Guest superman

Breaking News!! MadonnaTribe.com annouced officially the 3rd single is - fuckin Miles Away!! suck this!! in EUROPE that is.

Now, this could be mean in U.S as well???? no doubt right!!!

^Are you on crack?

Do you listen to the radio????

No i'm not (on crack)

and yes i'm listening to radio from time to time

Releasing SORRY, GET TOGETHER & GI2M as US singles... that IS being on crack though!

As for I Deserve It, I'm So Stupid and Intervention I think they all have the grower potential or sleeping hit potential.

next.

Guest superman
^Are you on crack?

Do you listen to the radio????

why u always rude? can we have a little politeness.. how about you?? are u on pills? it seems you have mood disorder.. did u forgot your medication? you just attacked people!! behave yourself and go home eat a lot of comfort food.

why u always rude? can we have a little politeness.. how about you?? are u on pills? it seems you have mood disorder.. did u forgot your medication? you just attacked people!! behave yourself and go home eat a lot of comfort food.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Instead of coming up with something constructive it's just about attacking.

I tried to explain my point of view and what I believe would have been better choice, and this person doesn't even try to do that himself so.

Thats just your own perosnal opinion - theres no guarantee what will be a hit what wont be. But one trend is emerging the 2nd, 3rd, 4th singles from any M album in future will at most be minor hits.

No point incrying over split milk I guess. I'd rather listen to good quality M music that bubbles under than dire music like TBGO with crappy Kanye on.

But yea the the gaps are too long and some songs are underpromoted. But she dont give a fuck so why should we?

When it comes to single releases WB have been fucking up since Music.

None of the album since Music reached its total potential because of bad single choices and timing.

There have always been two much gap between singles and wrong choices.

If we start with Music...

Music

Singles:

Music (August '00)

DTM (EU: Nov '00, US: Jan '01)

WIFLFAG (Apr '01)

should have been:

Music (August '00)

DTM (Nov '00)

I Deserve It (Feb '01)

Amazing (Jun '01)

American Life

Singles:

[DAD (Oct '02)]

American Life (Apr '03)

Hollywood (Jul '03)

Love Profusion (EU: Dec '03, US: Mar: '04)

should have been:

[DAD (Oct '02)]

Hollywood (Apr '03)

I'm So Stupid (US: Jul '03) / Nobody Knows Me (EU: Jul '03)

Nothing Fails (Oct '03)

Intervention (Feb '04)

COADF

Singles:

Hung Up (Oct '05)

Sorry (Feb '06)

Get Together (Jun '06)

Jump (Nov '06)

should have been:

Hung Up (Oct '05)

Push (US: Dec '05) / Sorry (EU: Feb '06)

Like it Or Not (US: Mar '06) / Push (EU: Jun '06)

Like it Or Not (EU: Oct '06)

Hard Candy

Singles:

4 Minutes (Mar '08)

GI2M (Jun '08)

Miles Away? (Oct '08?)

should have been/be:

4 Minutes (Mar '08)

BGO (Jun '08)

DWRY (Oct '08)

Heartbeat (EU: Jan '09)

Guest superman

1st week of October releasing Miles Away in Europe. Fingers crossed we can hear anytime now about U.S. 3rd single release and hoping BGO is the final choice. Its perfect timing for North America Concert tour next month October.

None of the album since Music reached its total potential because of bad single choices and timing.

Music

Singles:

Music (August '00)

WIFLFAG (Apr '01)

should have been:

Music (August '00)

DTM (Nov '00)

I Deserve It (Feb '01)

Amazing (Jun '01)

American Life

Singles:

[DAD (Oct '02)]

American Life (Apr '03)

Hollywood (Jul '03)

should have been:

[DAD (Oct '02)]

Hollywood (Apr '03)

Nothing Fails (Oct '03)

Intervention (Feb '04)

COADF

Singles:

Hung Up (Oct '05)

Sorry (Feb '06)

Get Together (Jun '06)

Jump (Nov '06)

should have been:

Hung Up (Oct '05)

Hard Candy

Singles:

4 Minutes (Mar '08)

GI2M (Jun '08)

Miles Away? (Oct '08?)

should have been/be:

4 Minutes (Mar '08)

BGO (Jun '08)

DWRY (Oct '08)

Vow, it those were the singles, the albums would have sold even less

I deserve it??? Cmon, thats prob the worse song of the album. Impressive Instant would have been a better choice than WIFLFAG, or even Paradise (for which a video was shot and could have been used once the tour finished)

Push and Im so Stupid are also very weak songs.

There was no much choice in AL, but Easy Ride, without being single material is IMO one of her best ballads

COADF singles were all good and successful in Europe. Maybe a 5th single: Isaac (to promote the CT) or Forbidden Love would have been great

I think also for Madonna there is a possibility for a " first time " , if The beat goes on has a little chance to receive more attentions than Miles away in US it will be smart to release at least as radio single ( without any kind of physical support ) and for the rest of the world release Miles away with the usual support.

Hard Candy is a good album and at least it deserves to make an attempt in the US , this is only my opinion and a personal hope.

but again kinda impossible to happen, its always been releasing same single/song in all countries, dont you guys think?

Well they did do it with Love Profusion/Nothing Fails, but im not going to make this another comparision with the AL era

Music

Singles:

Music (August '00)

WIFLFAG (Apr '01)

should have been:

Music (August '00)

DTM (Nov '00)

I Deserve It (Feb '01)

Amazing (Jun '01)

American Life

Singles:

[DAD (Oct '02)]

American Life (Apr '03)

Hollywood (Jul '03)

should have been:

[DAD (Oct '02)]

Hollywood (Apr '03)

Nothing Fails (Oct '03)

Intervention (Feb '04)

COADF

Singles:

Hung Up (Oct '05)

Sorry (Feb '06)

Get Together (Jun '06)

Jump (Nov '06)

should have been:

Hung Up (Oct '05)

Hard Candy

Singles:

4 Minutes (Mar '08)

GI2M (Jun '08)

Miles Away? (Oct '08?)

should have been/be:

4 Minutes (Mar '08)

BGO (Jun '08)

DWRY (Oct '08)

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

And by the way, in the U.S., Don't Tell Me was released phyiscally in January 2001, but Warner Brothers had been promoting the single to radio since November 2000. It wasn't just thrown out of nowhere in January '01, they were building it up.

Guest superman

oh, boy Miles Away is just like Love Profusion to me, nothing is new.. it can't be in the top 10 hits and by October, November and December, there will be new more hot singles coming out from different artist. Its gonna be difficult for Madonna to get back her song in the top 10.

Vow, it those were the singles, the albums would have sold even less

I deserve it??? Cmon, thats prob the worse song of the album. Impressive Instant would have been a better choice than WIFLFAG, or even Paradise (for which a video was shot and could have been used once the tour finished)

Push and Im so Stupid are also very weak songs.

There was no much choice in AL, but Easy Ride, without being single material is IMO one of her best ballads

COADF singles were all good and successful in Europe. Maybe a 5th single: Isaac (to promote the CT) or Forbidden Love would have been great

Most people I know OUTSIDE the whole Madonna fan zone likes "I Deserve It", Yes I believe it could have been a nice little spring radio hit.

As for "Impressive Instant", I honestly think it's one of those fan favorites that wouldn't have gone as far with the general public as the fans believe, just like "Get Together" and "GI2M".

"Paradise" is a great song but radio friendly? I guess "Nobody's Perfect" would fit better then.

"Easy Ride" is also great so it could be either way but I just thought what could fit for the particular season too.

"Push" is hated by the fans but there weren't many "US-friendly" songs on COADF at all and that was one of the few, and again, what the fans like aren't always an indicator of what would be hit-potential, usually it's the opposite i'd say.

I know that "I'm So Stupid" maybe is weird, but I honestly think that song had more potential to it. It's kinda raw in a way and I guess that was what she wanted to point out with the AL album itself. Also it would be a surprise to the public I think. It wouldn't maybe have been the safest card but for some reason it kinda remind me when they released "Don't Tell Me" from Music as the 2nd single, I NEVER thought that would have any potential as a single but it was a radio grower, and usually those kinda songs are good choices because they grow and then they stick for long.

Guest superman

THIS WHOLE THING IS RIDICULOUS!! U.S radio keep playing the song BGO but yet MILES AWAY - is the next one to release, what a shit!! U.S is expressing their interest with BGO as a next single. but WB prefer to release MA.

THIS WHOLE THING IS RIDICULOUS!! U.S radio keep playing the song BGO but yet MILES AWAY - is the next one to release, what a shit!! U.S is expressing their interest with BGO as a next single. but WB prefer to release MA.

but is MA also released in the US? I thought it was only for europe!

Guest superman

very obvious Miles Away Simultaneously!! as other fans already celebrated/excited her upcoming single Miles Away. Too bad a split of Madonna fans - but BGO is majority choice but WB dos not care!! in the U.S that is.

Guest beachboi-69

Total Travisty!

Following Madonna's career for years this will easily be one of the biggest singles botch ever. IMO

The lyrics are fantastic, it's not crazy dance nor bland ballad. If radio is gonna play anything left on this album this is the track.

Why not send "MA" to ac and this to pop during the tour... Multiformat adds ... who cares if the singles go nowhere at least they both have a chance.

I have my fingers crossed that this is the next single in the USA.. No official information has been released at this time. I know Miles Away was a planned third single.. however in North America this is the way to go.

Mediabase update 23 september 2008

The Beat goes on audience 0,093 Million - total audience since the first day of radio release 19,337 M

Give it to me audience 0,430 Million - total audience since the first day of radio release 71,105 M

4 Minutes audience 3,059 Million - total audience since the first day of radio release 1.133,484 M

Miles away audience 0,021 Million - total audience since the first day of radio release 1,000 M

Guest superman
Total Travisty!

Following Madonna's career for years this will easily be one of the biggest singles botch ever. IMO

The lyrics are fantastic, it's not crazy dance nor bland ballad. If radio is gonna play anything left on this album this is the track.

Why not send "MA" to ac and this to pop during the tour... Multiformat adds ... who cares if the singles go nowhere at least they both have a chance.

I have my fingers crossed that this is the next single in the USA.. No official information has been released at this time. I know Miles Away was a planned third single.. however in North America this is the way to go.

No official information for the 3rd single? okey, i keep my fingers crossed here. Gosh let it be BGO!!