Sticky & Sweet tour rumours

LoveBoxx

Guest Danny86

So just because a few more details were revealed, now another supposed setlist is out. :rolleyes:

I think both fansites denied "Open Your Heart", by the way.

thank God ROL is out of ANOTHER fucking boring guitar section! she really cant get off this terrible idea :confused:

too bad about Spanish Lesson, i adore the song and if she is not performing it give us a FULL VERSION of Who's That Girl!!! NOT A DAMN COVER SONG since she has too much of her own to perform! :americanlife:

no wonder that Give It 2 Me is (almost) the same performance we've seen at Roseland... lazy bitch :doh::lol:

I QUITE AGREE

And my idea of her singing it on an armchair with the towel on her head peeling her mascara off and drinking wine :(

I QUITE AGREE

And my idea of her singing it on an armchair with the towel on her head peeling her mascara off and drinking wine :(

we wish :gross:

I QUITE AGREE

& a Steven Klein take on Warhol's Campell Soup replaced, by tins of Asda 'smart price' cat food on the video screens.

That would b so IRONIC :fag:

Maybe they are boring to you, but the crowd seems to like them.

the crowd likes because she usually performs a HUGE CLASSIC (like ROL, MG, BU, HU) but most of people thinks that Madonna on guitar is a joke

anyone would rather take a dance performance from her than a guitar one. go ask

the crowd likes because she usually performs a HUGE CLASSIC (like ROL, MG, BU, HU) but most of people thinks that Madonna on guitar is a joke

anyone would rather take a dance performance from her than a guitar one. go ask

Did you know that a lot of Pantera fans actually liked that she played the opening riffs to A New Level after Hung Up...? Yeah, they actually gained some newfound respect for her for that one alone. Not to mention you cant seriously say you didnt like the Secret performance on DWT... that was just awesome in so many ways. Also, she doesnt really play that bad, considering she sings at the same time. You cant compare her to someone like Eric Clapton or some other blues/lead guitarist. Rhythm guitarists are often reserved on stage and dont move around a lot. I mean most guitarists in your average day rock band nowaydays cant even play guitar at all, they play a riff or two and its over. I dont see why she would need to go Hendrix for people to think she could play a few songs live...

Did you know that a lot of Pantera fans actually liked that she played the opening riffs to A New Level after Hung Up...? Yeah, they actually gained some newfound respect for her for that one alone. Not to mention you cant seriously say you didnt like the Secret performance on DWT... that was just awesome in so many ways. Also, she doesnt really play that bad, considering she sings at the same time. You cant compare her to someone like Eric Clapton or some other blues/lead guitarist. Rhythm guitarists are often reserved on stage and dont move around a lot. I mean most guitarists in your average day rock band nowaydays cant even play guitar at all, they play a riff or two and its over. I dont see why she would need to go Hendrix for people to think she could play a few songs live...

who cares about Pantera fans?? :confused:

i loved her Paradise version from CT and also she was very good for I Deserve It and Secret at DWT but oooh you dont see the crowd go wild for these ones right... mind you these are not Madonna hits that general public remember and also i was talking about her attempt in rock & roll guitar style which is usually lame

for accoustic she is good, a bit boring but good enough to do it on talk shows or one performance per tour. NOT a whole guitar section :manson:

who cares about Pantera fans?? :confused:

i loved her Paradise version from CT and also she was very good for I Deserve It and Secret at DWT but oooh you dont see the crowd go wild for these ones right... mind you these are not Madonna hits that general public remember and also i was talking about her attempt in rock & roll guitar style which is usually lame

for accoustic she is good, a bit boring but good enough to do it on talk shows or one performance per tour. NOT a whole guitar section :manson:

Well then I seriously dount they would go wild over them no matter what she does. She could probably do a dance number out of I Deserve It and the audience would probably be just as confused... also, the DWT version of La Isla Bonita tops the CT version in every way. The CT version was tiresome, and too god damn fast. Now Im sure you "know people" that didnt think so but whatever, real instruments always triumph over eletronic beats in the end, how many techno songs from the 90's do people still listen to...?

Well then I seriously dount they would go wild over them no matter what she does. She could probably do a dance number out of I Deserve It and the audience would probably be just as confused... also, the DWT version of La Isla Bonita tops the CT version in every way. The CT version was tiresome, and too god damn fast. Now Im sure you "know people" that didnt think so but whatever, real instruments always triumph over eletronic beats in the end, how many techno songs from the 90's do people still listen to...?

i do agree that the raw instruments are much better than the eletronic beeps whem she is not playing them! it worked great at the GS and she didnt play anything. that band was her best EVER! i surely hope she has a brand new band for this tour

it was cute back in 2000 whem she was learning to play a guitar and showed it on that talk show, but now she takes it too serious. no fun

i do agree that the raw instruments are much better than the eletronic beeps whem she is not playing them! it worked great at the GS and she didnt play anything. that band was her best EVER! i surely hope she has a brand new band for this tour

it was cute back in 2000 whem she was learning to play a guitar and showed it on that talk show, but now she takes it too serious. no fun

Totally OT, but I still cant decide whos style I like better, Paul Pescos or Monte Pittmans... as for the rest of the band, judging by the promo tour the drummer is pretty good, but where the hell was the bass on the songs Pittman played guitar on? Or does she just not use a bass player anymore now that Stuart split...?

Oh well, either way, I much prefer her to play guitar than just stand there doing absolutely nothing ala Frozen on RIT. :confused:

Okay wait, her lead guitar player on WTG, now I liked him but who the hell was he....?

Totally OT, but I still cant decide whos style I like better, Paul Pescos or Monte Pittmans... as for the rest of the band, judging by the promo tour the drummer is pretty good, but where the hell was the bass on the songs Pittman played guitar on? Or does she just not use a bass player anymore now that Stuart split...?

Oh well, either way, I much prefer her to play guitar than just stand there doing absolutely nothing ala Frozen on RIT. :confused:

Frozen was totally out of place :wacko:

she could do a live performance of Miles Away kinda like Gone at DWT or WIFLFAG at Brixton... she didnt play anything and all her concentration was into her voice full of emotion

anyway i bet she will do a guitar version of Miles Away identical of the promo tour :gross:

Okay wait, her lead guitar player on WTG, now I liked him but who the hell was he....?

yeah that one was so great! i do miss this type of band... her band at Roseland was kinda back to her old style mixed with some eletronic tech. for me nothing tops the GS

Guest Danny86
i surely hope she has a brand new band for this tour

The press release announced a brand new band, which is obviously the one from the promo tour.

Frozen was totally out of place :wacko:

she could do a live performance of Miles Away kinda like Gone at DWT or WIFLFAG at Brixton... she didnt play anything and all her concentration was into her voice full of emotion

anyway i bet she will do a guitar version of Miles Away identical of the promo tour :gross:

Well sure the tour versions will be indentical to the promo tour, or at least mostly. Nothing wrong with Miles Away the way it was, I just dont see the problem if she sings alright (ala Secret on DWT) and plays at the same time then its all good. You could argue that Bono and Mick Jagger have no business playing guitar on stage either but still, why not. Jimmy Page (a.k.a. God) played practically every note wrong on Stairway to Heaven during those Arms concerts in the early 80's so Im going to let Madonnas playing slide... :dramatic:

***MADONNA - STICKY & SWEET TOUR 2008***

ENTREE:

CANDYSHOP

DANCE 2NIGHT

OPEN YOUR HEART

HEARTBEAT

MAIN COURSE:

MUSIC/DON'T TELL ME/WALK THIS WAY (MEDLEY)

EVERYBODY

GIVE IT 2 ME

VOGUE

DRESS YOU UP

DEVIL WOULDN'T RECOGNISE YOU

FROZEN

VOICES

DESSERT:

SPANISH LESSON/WHO'S THAT GIRL

SHE'S NOT ME

TRUE BLUE

JUSTIFY MY LOVE/EROTICA/JE T'AIME...MOI NON PLUS (MEDLEY)

HUMAN NATURE

SECOND HELPINGS:

BEAT GOES ON

NOTHING REALLY MATTERS

SECRET

MILES AWAY

HUNG UP

4 MINUTES

how Orgasmic! :dramatic:

yeah that one was so great! i do miss this type of band...

Thats the only performance of Holiday I like actually, that opening guitar riff pulls you right in and doesnt let up. Well the BAT one was okay, but that hussle routine was a little... well, I dont know.

Well sure the tour versions will be indentical to the promo tour, or at least mostly. Nothing wrong with Miles Away the way it was, I just dont see the problem if she sings alright (ala Secret on DWT) and plays at the same time then its all good. You could argue that Bono and Mick Jagger have no business playing guitar on stage either but still, why not. Jimmy Page (a.k.a. God) played practically every note wrong on Stairway to Heaven during those Arms concerts in the early 80's so Im going to let Madonnas playing slide... :dramatic:

i dont care about what other artists do at their shows, im a Madonna fan i dont give a shit about Bono or Mick Jagger. The true is that if she plays a guitar part of her concentration goes for it, so she doesnt sing at her best and you can pretty much garantee she will stand there crumbling to not make a mistake :nervous:

i dont care about what other artists do at their shows, im a Madonna fan i dont give a shit about Bono or Mick Jagger. The true is that if she plays a guitar part of her concentration goes for it, so she doesnt sing at her best and you can pretty much garantee she will stand there crumbling to not make a mistake :nervous:

Well Candy Shop on the promo tour sounded like shit, naturally because of the dancing. Also let us not forget ROL VMA 1998... didnt play guitar then either. There are so many things that can fuck up your voice.

Also, if she didnt play guitar on some tracks she would now have to get another guitar player since Stuart is out and Pittman cant play two guitars at once... or maybe she already has got one for the new tour, surely some tracks would need two guitars without her involvement. Either way, to use prerecorded instruments is just lame in my opinion. If I wanted to see prerecorded live music Id watch the ESC... :demonic:

Guitar section = Dick Tracy section on BAT = time for the loo or a beer :blink:

That new set list looks great but very odd as Spanish Lesson is supposedly shelved. The medleys also seem suspicious like the Physical Attraction one that came out recently. And no mention of Buenos Aires.

But I would be happy if she performed this. Candy Shop makes sense to open with - after all, the song is about welcoming people. A good remix is needed though to really lift the start of the show.

Well Candy Shop on the promo tour sounded like shit, naturally because of the dancing. Also let us not forget ROL VMA 1998... didnt play guitar then either. There are so many things that can fuck up your voice.

Also, if she didnt play guitar on some tracks she would now have to get another guitar player since Stuart is out and Pittman cant play two guitars at once... or maybe she already has got one for the new tour, surely some tracks would need two guitars without her involvement. Either way, to use prerecorded instruments is just lame in my opinion. If I wanted to see prerecorded live music Id watch the ESC... :demonic:

i would have ditched Pittman already anyway LOL

her CT band was a joke

nowadays her voice goes shit no matter what she does because she is older! thats why she mimed most of Give It 2 Me and i pray to GOD that she will mime "my sugar is raw" part of CS at her tour :scared: it was terrible enough at Roseland...

she can:

1) dance HARD and lipsynch

2) dance less and sing decent

3) no dance and sing at her best

4) crumbles to play a guitar and sings ok

did i forget something?

i would have ditched Pittman already anyway LOL

her CT band was a joke

nowadays her voice goes shit no matter what she does because she is older! thats why she mimed most of Give It 2 Me and i pray to GOD that she will mime "my sugar is raw" part of CS at her tour :scared: it was terrible enough at Roseland...

she can:

1) dance HARD and lipsynch

2) dance less and sing decent

3) no dance and sing at her best

4) crumbles to play a guitar and sings ok

did i forget something?

Nothing wrong with Pittman, he plays just fine. But I dont get it when you say her guitar playing interferes with her voice. She sounded just fine on Miles Away, Secret, La Isla Bonita, Burning Up, well, just about any of the songs shes done... more so fine than when she was dancing. So I fail to see the problem.

Nothing wrong with Pittman, he plays just fine. But I dont get it when you say her guitar playing interferes with her voice. She sounded just fine on Miles Away, Secret, La Isla Bonita, Burning Up, well, just about any of the songs shes done... more so fine than when she was dancing. So I fail to see the problem.

she sounded ok but for this slow songs she could sing much better if she wasnt playing the guitar. take the DW at CT for exemple, she sang it great just like Gone at DWT and WIFLFAG at Brixton

also there is her theatrical side and her emotion that goes free whem she is only concentrating at her voice

anyway, i was talking about the rock & roll guitar playing

as i said before she is good for acoustic playing, her voice sounds ok for most of it and sometimes great like the Paradise version of CT