Madonna tour date in Lisbon - Sept. 14 [official]

Guest boytoyville

Guest boytoyville

Official: Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour to stop in Lisbon.

Category: Live Performances & Tours.

Portuguese promoter Ritmos & Blues confirms that Madonna´s Sticky & Sweet Tour will stop in Portugal.

Ritmos & Blues reveals that Madonna will perform at Estadio Alvalade in Lisbon on September 28 and it will be the last European show.

Thanks to Fernando Oliveira.

Nice to see she is hitting a lot of different markets this time around. I'm thrilled for the Portugese fans!

Official: Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour to stop in Lisbon.

Portuguese promoter Ritmos & Blues confirms that Madonna´s Sticky & Sweet Tour will stop in Portugal.

Ritmos & Blues reveals that Madonna will perform at Estadio Alvalade in Lisbon on September 28 and it will be the last European show.

Thanks to Fernando Oliveira.

Nice to see she is hitting a lot of different markets this time around. I'm thrilled for the Portugese fans!

So I guess that Spain fans can go to Portugal... but hopefully they will have a date in Madrid or Alicante!

Guest boytoyville

^ I think that one in Alicante is pretty much a for sure deal but we will have to wait & see.

It's on the Portuguese newspapers covers TODAY!!!

28 September is said to be the date... though it's not official yet and Ritmos and Blues didn't confirmed yet.

Today it's a national holiday so let's just hope there are news tomorrow!!!

OH MY GOD!!!! ALVALAXIA here I go!!! ;)

http://dn.sapo.pt/2008/05/22/artes/madonna...a_este_ano.html

It seems that Ritmos & Blues denied they are going to bring Madonna to Portugal :(

It's official!

Madonna is coming to Lisbon again, on 14 September. Ticket (only) prices €62!

Parque da Bela Vista 75.000 people.

tv station SIC is the oficial network of the concert and they just reported it!

:clap:

Edited by PJ:

[bREAKING NEWS] OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED: Sticky & Sweet Tour to stop in Lisbon.

BREAKING NEWS - Last week DrownedMadonna.com and Madonnalicious.com reported about a Portuguese promoter claiming that Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour would have stopped in Lisbon.

Today, the Lisbon concert has been finally added to Madonna.com Tour Dates. The date has changed now: September 14. Also the final promoter is different: Everything Is New.

The show will take place at Parque da Bela Vista. The venue should have a capacity of 75.000 people. Tickets are RUMOURED to be just one price tip, about 60-62€.

Additional thanks to our community member Haku-San.

Guest northernlad

Poor London #2, they could've just done the 2nd show cheaper. I hope they fit in two more shows before Paris then.

Sticky & Sweet Tour: Latest news on Lisbon, Montreal and Toronto.

From Madonna.com/Icon newsletter:

A show at Lisbon’s Parque Bela Vista on September 14 was just added to the ’Sticky & Sweet’ Tour itinerary. The Icon presale for this show will begin Thursday, May 29. Tickets will go on sale to Legacy Platinum Icon members only at 10 AM LOCAL TIME. Platinum Icon members will be able to access the presale at Noon LOCAL TIME.

The Lisbon show will be general admission and will have a single priced general admission pitch area.

Also, a second Montreal (October 23, 2008) date and a Toronto (October 19, 2008) date were added to the tour itinerary yesterday. Icon has secured a small amount tickets for those shows, which will be available through a devoted Icon post sale starting May 29 at 10 AM LOCAL TIME for legacy members and at Noon LOCAL TIME for Platinum members.

100 tickets for each show will be made available to Icon members and we expect them to sell out quickly.

The Icon postsale will start on Thursday, May 29 at 10 AM LOCAL TIME for Legacy Platinum members and at Noon LOCAL TIME for Platinum members.

Visit the Madonna.com tickets page to buy tickets.

Glad I got my Wembley ticket for the 11th.

The promoters TOTALLY misjudged London. Charging £160/£100 to sit at the back the stadium is a RIP OFF.

I am glad the demand for a 2nd London show isn't there. I am pleased that fans in Lisbon get a chance to see the

show. However I doubt the Lisbon show would have happened had a 2nd London show been added.

Portuguese press is also stating the 18th of September as Barcelona Official date!!! (Montjuic)

Thanks God there is a Lisbon SHOW!!!!

Tickets go on sale on Saturday morning and I'm there to buy them! Last time (Re-Inventation) the cheapest tickets were 65 euros and the most expensive 156 euros... so lot's of people were not able to go... though the two 17.000 people show was sold out (Minimum salary was 370 euros/month in Portugal at the time). Now with tickets at 60 euros (and minimum salary at 420 euros/month) the 75.000 will surely be sold out as EVERYBODY out there wants to go to the Queen of Pop show! She is a living legend and everybody wants to see her :D

The promoters TOTALLY misjudged London. Charging £160/£100 to sit at the back the stadium is a RIP OFF.

I am glad the demand for a 2nd London show isn't there. I am pleased that fans in Lisbon get a chance to see the

show. However I doubt the Lisbon show would have happened had a 2nd London show been added.

You speak the truth.

14th September Lisbon - Parque da Belavista

Hot Ticket

* Guaranteed front barricade access

* Standing floor ticket to see Madonna live in concert

* Official Sticky and Sweet tour gift

* Commemorative VIP laminate

Hot Ticket Package €199.00

Please note the face value of this ticket is €60.00. Subject to booking fees.

Your Hot Ticket Package is €199.00

Lisbon was on the cards, just later but yes, I'm in total agreement about the Wembley dates - I also think Cardiff was a mistake - they're too close.

The fact that she's now added Barcelona on the 18th looks like it's just 2 UK dates this time out.

Guest northernlad

The irony is had they priced more conservatively - say 60-65 quid for average ticket price they could've milked $35-$45m from London with 4 or 5 shows... now they'll get a fraction of that for the 1. Hopefully a learning lesson for the next tour.

The irony is had they priced more conservatively - say 60-65 quid for average ticket price they could've milked $35-$45m from London with 4 or 5 shows... now they'll get a fraction of that for the 1. Hopefully a learning lesson for the next tour.

To charge a £160/£110 to sit a the back of Wembley is nothing less than SHEER GREED. They thought they could get away

with ripping fans ofF in one of her major markets. I am glad it backfired. Madonna really needs a reality check.

And to think back in 1993 when her career was on the skids she sold out 2 Wembley dates for the Girlie Show.

Does reading her Zohar teach her to charge extortionate prices to some of her most loyal fans?

The extortionate prices were always a mistake - she alienated a load of new fans who'd come on board with ROL and Music when she was charging £85 a ticket for the DWT - you could see the point as it was an areana show but FFS - stadiums bring in MORE.

I bet it'll kill her playing Portugal when she realises she's making a fraction of what she could have made in London. :chuckle:

Guest AntiVirgin
Does reading her Zohar teach her to charge extortionate prices to some of her most loyal fans?

:lmao:

I think its her Kaballah leader who decides the prices, madge is just the poor pawn

The extortionate prices were always a mistake - she alienated a load of new fans who'd come on board with ROL and Music when she was charging £85 a ticket for the DWT - you could see the point as it was an areana show but FFS - stadiums bring in MORE.

I bet it'll kill her playing Portugal when she realises she's making a fraction of what she could have made in London. :chuckle:

I would have love to have seen her face when she was told her London show hasn't sold out and the other SCHEDULED date has been scrapped.

I would have love to have seen her face when she was told her London show hasn't sold out and the other SCHEDULED date has been scrapped.

They probably told her the reason for this, and the under performance of her album, was due to the credit crunch.

They probably told her the reason for this, and the under performance of her album, was due to the credit crunch.

Poor M, STRUGGLING to pass 200K sales with HC and only 1 London show.