Chicago shows: October 26th and 27th

mrlover

Guest moboy

The issue is if you go to stubhub.com or ebay.com there are all these tickets for sale, but nearly double or triple the original price. I'm tired of nonfans buying tickets and then selling them on ebay, etc.

I can't even get two tickets for Chicago, yet I have bought about 20 copies of Hard Candy.

Guest boytoyville

^ Hopefully another show will go on sale. I am hoping that if it does it will go on sale tomorrow as I have the day off of work & can check the computer periodically to get a second set of tickets.

I cant believe some of you who LOST RESPECT for M because of her business dealings.

She is NOT here to be charitable to her fans. Were fans because we choose to be.

Any =so called= fan @@e x p e c t i n g@@ charity...go see MC

tickets for her are less than 2 dollars.

I can see the anger , truly , but the facts are M is in this game to make $.

She is NOT here to please our fancy. HER WORK AND HER ART SHOULD BE ENOUGH>

Im grateful Im even living during this ICONs years!

Guest boytoyville
I cant believe some of you who LOST RESPECT for M because of her business dealings.

She is NOT here to be charitable to her fans. Were fans because we choose to be.

:thumbsup:

It can be very difficult getting tickets but that just makes it feel even better once you get your hands on some!

She's not a good example. I spent $400 on decent Mariah tickets. Good Mariah tickets are hard to get also. Those lambs buy them up, its the nosebleed tickets that are easy to buy at Mariah concerts.

This has nothing to do with being charitable. She is purely ripping fans off with this tour.

And of course she is here to please her FANS and people in general. People won't buy something they don't like. No matter who it is. If she was so deluded in thinking that she is making "ART" for "ART" sake then she should have released the album online as a FREE download. If she is going to charge people, and charge them the prices she is, she better fucking hope she is pleasing the fans.

Gawd another insane fan like Carta. Madonna is ripping fans off left right and centre and here you are demanding that we respect her for it.

I'm afraid so. And while there are a lot of pissed ICONERS there are still many nutjobs who think Madonna can do no wrong and think we should stop complaining and accept the seats we get. LOL!! I just imagine many of them are walked all over daily since they can't take truthful criticism of a woman we all wish to walk on water. :electropop:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

================================================

I AGREE...IN A RECENT INTERVIEW IN THE "CANDYSTORE" ..MADONNA SAID SHE WAS VERY

PLEASED THAT HER NEW DEAL WITH LIVE NATION IS 50% OF ALL SALES AS OPPOSED THE 25% THAT WARNER HAVE HER. I THOUGHT TO MYSELF...WHAT THE HELL DIFFERENCE IS IT TO HER ANYWAY? WHTEHR SHE GETS 8 MILLION BUX IN SALES OR 16 MILLION BUX IN SALES. AT THE END OF THE DAY..SHES STILL FILTHY RICH..EITHER WAY......ITS JUST A DROP IN THE BUCKET OF HER 300+ MILLIONS.

I THINK WHEN U STRIP IT ALL AWAY.....SHE IS A VERY GREEDY ($$$) WOMAN ( note to madonna>>>you are no linger a "girl">>> you are a woman now)

IM REALLY PISSED ABOUT THESE OUTRAGEOUS PRICES...AND NOW I HEAR MADONNA MIGHT HAVE A STAKE IN

THE WHOLE SCALPER SIDE AS WELL..THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF ...ALTHO..IM STILL GONNA

FIGHT FOR TKTS....WINK WINK .......................

LONG LIVE HER MADGE.

====================

:thumbsdown::thumbsup::thumbsdown::thumbsup::thumbsdown::thumbsup::thumbsdown::thumbsup:

Gawd another insane fan like Carta. Madonna is ripping fans off left right and centre and here you are demanding that we respect her for it.

Why on Earth would you mention me in this thread? There are thousands of members on this board and you choose to reference me in a thread that I haven't even posted in. Do you really have that much of a problem with me, Mad_On_Her?

Guest boytoyville
Crazy talk in this thread. The way these tickets were put on sale is EXACTLY the same as DWT, RIT and CT. There is absolutely no difference. ZERO.

:thumbsup: SO TRUE!!!

I can't believe they haven't added another Chicago date yet. I thought for sure they would today. Maybe she is only going to do one show there. Hmm...

I tried and could not get tickets for TCT... well I decided not to get tickets on the back as those were the only ones I was getting (for London show)... and so I didn't make it... It's hard to pay this money as it's really hard to work for it and to earn it but going to Madonna concert it's a UNIQUE experience! I only went to DWT in Paris (2 concerts) and RIT in Lisbon (2 concerts too) and I can tell you that being hard to get the money to go outside to a Madonna concert I would do it again if I just could get good tickets...

By the way... all those tickets are very good... I was at the middle of Bercy at the DWT in Paris... was the best I could get...

Madonna royalty rate is 50 percent?

and her warner rate was 25 percent?

so that is why she got that 20 million 3-4 album deal in 2000 because her royalty rate went up higher.

Janet and the rest should have signed a deal like that.

and this is the case i tried to make to alot of clowns around here

I think Janet's deal was quoted at a 28% royalty rate.

Guest boytoyville

I am VERY suprised that a 2nd Chicago date has not been added. I thought for sure it would have been added by today but perhaps they want to continue to see how the other markets in the US do before they add more shows.

I am VERY suprised that a 2nd Chicago date has not been added. I thought for sure it would have been added by today but perhaps they want to continue to see how the other markets in the US do before they add more shows.

Don't you hate when they take forever to add another show? I went through this in 2006 with the Confessions Tour.She scheduled one show in my city,it sold out,but she didn't announce a second show until a few weeks later.I like to get all my tickets on the same day,at the same time.

Chicago is a major market for Madonna.I know she could easily sellout three nights there.I wonder what's taking so long?

Madonna royalty rate is 50 percent?

and her warner rate was 25 percent?

so that is why she got that 20 million 3-4 album deal in 2000 because her royalty rate went up higher.

Janet and the rest should have signed a deal like that.

and this is the case i tried to make to alot of clowns around here

I'm not so sure her royalty rate is now 50% - she simply said it was a 50-50 partnership and that could mean anything. For example, she now gets 90% of her concert revenue (under the new Live Nation deal) and 50% of any licensing profit. She also received $50 million in cash and stock in their company - which makes her a major shareholder and therefore a "partner" of sorts.

In fact, as a major shareholder, she could be making money off of Janet Jackson's tour this fall since Janet splits her tour profit with Live Nation.

See, she's a smart cookie. :thumbsup:

Let Mariah have her paltry profit margins on her albums.

I think Janet's deal was quoted at a 28% royalty rate.

Not quite...

This is from the Los Angeles Times (January 12, 1996) when Janet signed her last big deal with Virgin. I don't think Island Records gave her more for Discipline after coming off the bombs of Damita Jo and 20 Y.O.

But sources said Jackson will be paid a $35-million advance upon signing and guaranteed an estimated $5-million advance per album plus a 24% royalty on the retail price of each record sold--about $2.50 per record.

Jackson's new deal covers four albums of new material plus a greatest hits compilation. Under the terms of the contract, ownership of the masters to those albums will revert to Jackson seven years after the contract ends.

Sources said the agreement also requires Virgin to allocate about $25 million in video production, marketing and promotion costs--a huge amount by industry standards. Virgin will deduct all cash advances from Jackson's portion of the royalties until they are paid off.

Sources at Virgin said the company plans to dramatically expand Jackson's presence on the international front, where compact disc sales are still booming.

:lol: at that last part.

My apologies for getting off-topic in this thread.

Guest boytoyville
Don't you hate when they take forever to add another show? I went through this in 2006 with the Confessions Tour.She scheduled one show in my city,it sold out,but she didn't announce a second show until a few weeks later.I like to get all my tickets on the same day,at the same time.

Chicago is a major market for Madonna.I know she could easily sellout three nights there.I wonder what's taking so long?

I though they would for sure add it after the auction was over on ticket master for the action tix but perhaps they are going to wait some more. You can't even get a single ticket through ticket master for the Chicago show at this point.

Crazy talk in this thread. The way these tickets were put on sale is EXACTLY the same as DWT, RIT and CT. There is absolutely no difference. ZERO.

Big Difference,, Seats that I had last time around @ MSG were 165.00 ,, now they are 364.00 ! so the There is absolutely no difference. ZERO statement is complete bullshit !

Guest boytoyville

The Chicago show sold out almost instantly! Where is the second date? I want to hit up two shows while I am there! :dramatic:

The Chicago show sold out almost instantly! Where is the second date? I want to hit up two shows while I am there! :dramatic:
Judging by the tour dates so far, I'm sure she'll add Monday, Oct. 27 for Chicago.

OK my friend in Chicago just called and said it's in the news(or was it newspaper) that Madonna added second Chicago date: October 27th. Goes on sale June 2nd.

Guest boytoyville

^Chicago is the most fun city out of all of those choices IMO. I'm annoyed that the show is going on sale June second as I will be really busy at work that morning & not able to check ticketmaster. Argh...I might have to just kind of wait on the second Chicago date & see what they have for sale close to the show date.

^Chicago is the most fun city out of all of those choices IMO. I'm annoyed that the show is going on sale June second as I will be really busy at work that morning & not able to check ticketmaster. Argh...I might have to just kind of wait on the second Chicago date & see what they have for sale close to the show date.
Kinda like what happened to me the first presale. My meeting ran to 10 minutes after 10 am. Then I have another meeting at 10:30 am. I only had like 15 minutes to work with and grabbed the best seats I can during that time period. Don't they know that us fans actually have to work to pay for her expensive tix?

Guest (V)oices

I saw Madonna's Confessions tour in Chicago twice in 2006 and it was amazing. Chicago is a must. I'm also going to see her in Atlanta!