"Miles Away" Worldwide Chart Thread

Ugly Hecty

Yesterday finally I got a copy of the picture disc of Miles away, I got also a blue vynil called White Heat with inside tracks from True blue album but with the remixed version , not a official release , printed in mexico.

Last week I got Virgin material in green vynil with track from Like a Virgin album but with the remixed version , also in this case from mexico.

On Billboard's 7-station (sometimes 8) Dance Airplay chart, "Miles Away" debuts at No. 15 this week. it's also No. 2 on Dance Sales and No. 6 on Singles Sales (though those charts are less relevant than Dance Airplay, even).

Though with the 550 or so sold on Singles Sales, that means it had 9,400+ in sales.

Billboard has a Euro Radio Airplay chart, but not online (from what I can see). Last week, MA was around No. 13, I think.

Guest heartmadonna.

'Miles Away' is the singer's first ever single not to crack the UK Top 20

Dec 19, 2008

Madonna's latest single 'Miles Away' has given the singer her lowest chart placing the in UK singles chart since 1984.

The song, taken from the star's recent 'Hard Candy' album, entered the UK singles chart at Number 39 on November 30, selling 5,643 copies, reports The Daily Telegraph.

The following week it slid to Number 68, before dropping out of the chart altogether last Sunday (December 14).

'Miles Away' is Madonna's lowest charting single since 1984's 'Borderline', which reached Number 56.

The singer's previous lowest entry was a re-issue of her 1989 song 'Oh Father', which reached Number 16 in 1996.

Since releasing her debut UK single 'Holiday' in 1983, Madonna has scored 13 Number One hits, the last of which was 'Hard Candy''s lead single, '4 Minutes'.

The Justin Timberlake-featuring song reached the top spot in March 2008

Digital Spy

New Madonna single 'worst-selling ever'

Saturday, December 20 2008, 07:22 GMT

By Michael Thornton

Rex Features

Madonna's latest single has become her worst-performing release ever.

'Miles Away', from the singer's album Hard Candy, has entered the UK chart at number 39, making it the least successful in her 24-year career.

The song is said to address her relationship with Guy Ritchie, which one lyric claiming: "I guess we're at our best when we're miles away."

Madonna's previous UK chart low was in 1996, when 'Oh Father' made it to number 16. 'Borderline' peaked at 56 in 1984, but a 1986 re-release saw it reach number two.

Yahoo!Music

Madonna flops

(Friday December 19, 2008 04:19 PM)

Madonna's last single was her least successful in almost 25 years, it has been revealed.

"Miles Away", the third track to be lifted from "Hard Candy", entered the charts at number 39 last month.

It then dropped to 68, before falling out of the pop rundown completely, shifting just 5,643 copies in total.

The last time the pop icon experienced just a lowly chart placing was with "Borderline" in 1984, which reached number 56 when first released.

Down 1 position to #29 on the European 100.

Up to #23 in Netherlands.

Down to #36 in Austria and #42 in Switzerland.

Off the Canadian Hot 100.

Italy sales charts ( Musica & Dischi )

Miles away singles chart : Re entry at 47

Miles away airplay chart : Nr 6 (+4)

FIMI charts not yet update

Media Traffic singles world chart

Miles away come back in the chart at 38 with 75000 points

It's up one place to #37 on that chart this week = 71,000 points.

"Miles Away" also hits a new peak on Denmark's airplay chart = #10 (+5)