Madonna ignores her Aussie legions

Camacho

But if the tour flops and Madonna gets a reality check she may realize its worth touring Australia and other countries. I have requested Melbourne radio stations not to play her songs, every fan in Australia should do the same, we keep giving her #1's and she's screwed us again. Most relationships end with vindictiveness, and 25 years of admiration is alot to let go, l am pissed not just disappointed.

But if the tour flops and Madonna gets a reality check she may realize its worth touring Australia and other countries. I have requested Melbourne radio stations not to play her songs, every fan in Australia should do the same, we keep giving her #1's and she's screwed us again. Most relationships end with vindictiveness, and 25 years of admiration is alot to let go, l am pissed not just disappointed.

I agree I think fans should do the same. Madonna doesn't deserve a number 1 album and song in Australia ever again. I don't think fans in Europe and America have ANY understanding of how shitty and upsetting it is for us. Lovely people like Suedehead saying that Madonna should never tour here again finding it funny. What an asshole!

OK, look at it this way, then. If Madonna stops selling albums and singles in Australia, she's not going to come here on her next tour, is she? She'd probably think, "Oh well, I left it too long and they've abandoned me...whoops!" rather than, "Hmmm....my music isn't selling in Australia any more, but I'm sure they'll still be willing to pay a lot of money to see me play songs they don't know because no one there bought my latest album and radio didn't play the singles...!"

No sales and no airplay in Australia means no Madonna in Australia, ever. If that's what you really want, then you probably should stop complaining about her not touring here.....

OK, look at it this way, then. If Madonna stops selling albums and singles in Australia, she's not going to come here on her next tour, is she? She'd probably think, "Oh well, I left it too long and they've abandoned me...whoops!" rather than, "Hmmm....my music isn't selling in Australia any more, but I'm sure they'll still be willing to pay a lot of money to see me play songs they don't know because no one there bought my latest album and radio didn't play the singles...!"

No sales and no airplay in Australia means no Madonna in Australia, ever. If that's what you really want, then you probably should stop complaining about her not touring here.....

Yes she will know the tour demand is still there but l dont expect she ever plans to come anyway. After all the years of sales support and radio requests and moving her albums to the front of store displays l have the right to complain all l want.

Edited by roma

I know you are upset - and I don't blame you - but this kind of reaction is really quite juvenile. I mean, don't you buy the music because you like it? Because it brings you some joy or some kind of happiness to your life? I never buy her records with the intent of luring her to Seattle. I support her because I think she deserves my support.

She's brought a great deal of entertainment and inspiration to me - and if she never toured the U.S. I would be disappointed but not vindictive.

To be honest, I'm not going to stop buying her music if she doesn't come to Australia. And I'm certainly not going to call up radio stations and request that they don't play her songs, LOL. I like her because I like HER - it's not based on how often she visits Australia. On the other hand, it does really piss me off that she won't tour here and has reneged on promises to come. But if I'm honest that will not stop me buying her music. It may well stop others though, and I do think this will hurt her career here, especially when it comes to more casual fans.

Guest bluejean

This is true. But the reality is, while some fans may be claiming they will boycott her, the reality is 99% of her fans won't do this. And the other 1% will cave and buy her stuff. And really, not buying her stuff is a waste of time. Sales in Australia represent a very small percentage of her worldwide sales. Madonna is not going to care. If she's not caring now, she won't ever care.

Madonna couldn't give a shit whether or not she sells here or not if she did she would tour here plain and simple. Whether or not Madonna is #1 or #50 it doesn't matter to her so why the hell should we support her if she obviously doesn't give a shit. It's not juvenile at all we deserve a tour just as much as Europe and America. I'm not buying anything more of Madonna's because I've bought everything up until Confessions On A Dancefloor and still no tour in 15 years so no more.

I know you are upset - and I don't blame you - but this kind of reaction is really quite juvenile. I mean, don't you buy the music because you like it? Because it brings you some joy or some kind of happiness to your life? I never buy her records with the intent of luring her to Seattle. I support her because I think she deserves my support.

She's brought a great deal of entertainment and inspiration to me - and if she never toured the U.S. I would be disappointed but not vindictive.

Yes it is, do l need to be mature about it? my entire Madonna fandom for the past 25 years has been quite juvenile. I think its easy to say things from the USA but from here it is impacting how l view her as a person and an artist and she really needs a kick in the arse. Mabye the layers have been peeled away but l see nothing in her recent work worthy of being called art and l do not want her to distroy her legacy with greed and trash work.

Yes it is, do l need to be mature about it? my entire Madonna fandom for the past 25 years has been quite juvenile. I think its easy to say things from the USA but from here it is impacting how l view her as a person and an artist and she really needs a kick in the arse. Mabye the layers have been peeled away but l see nothing in her recent work worthy of being called art and l do not want her to distroy her legacy with greed and trash work.

If you don't like her current work, why are you so upset? Do you really want to see her perform 10 songs from HC live if you don't think much of them?

People have every right to be disappointed, angry, annoyed etc. and I think most people understand that. The boycott talk is a different story, though. As ipex and others have said, you buy her music because you like it, not because you hope it will result in seeing her live. If every CD you buy has that sort of expectation attached to it, that's fine - no one can tell you how to feel, but people also need to understand that for some, it's more about the music than the live spectacle. Stop buying her music if you like, but do it because you don't like her music, not because you want to "punish" her. If you still like the music, keep buying it and don't deny yourself the pleasure :)

Guest bluejean
Yes it is, do l need to be mature about it? my entire Madonna fandom for the past 25 years has been quite juvenile.

:lol:

That is so funny because it's so true. Idolising a pop singer is completely juvenile to begin with :lol:

Well guys I went and seen a travel agent today. Hopefully I'll be booked and paid for by the end of next week! Four weeks in the US where I'll hopefully get to see her in LA and Vegas!

Well guys I went and seen a travel agent today. Hopefully I'll be booked and paid for by the end of next week! Four weeks in the US where I'll hopefully get to see her in LA and Vegas!

Don't take offence to this but it makes me feel sad that fans are folking out thousands to see Madonna. I hope you have a great trip and enjoy the concert. Make sure you take an Aussie flag with you..

Madonna doesn't give a fuck about her Australian fans

She will still have hits in Australia and I will still buy her stuff as always, this is the 4th time she has ignored her Aussie fans after all.

I hope the tour is a huge success.

To those who said they hope M never tours Australia and they are "over" hearing Aussie fans complain - fuck you.

To everyone else, those of you going, enjoy the show, Madonna gets better with every tour and this one is set to be amazing.

Don't take offence to this but it makes me feel sad that fans are folking out thousands to see Madonna. I hope you have a great trip and enjoy the concert. Make sure you take an Aussie flag with you..

Well I was planning at the end of last year to go on holiday in around August/September this year to the US due to the strong dollar and stuff but I changed my mind because I was unsure. The tour has just given me another reason to go. I'm definitely not going just for her. LA and Vegas were on my list originally so that's where I thought would be the best place to see her. But as I said I'll be going for 4 weeks so I'm making the most of it. In addition to seeing M I will also be going places like New Orleans, Orlando, D.C and New York! The only down side is I'll be going on my own because all my friends have booked holidays this year to other places already.

The only down side is I'll be going on my own because all my friends have booked holidays this year to other places already.

Travelling by yourself is awesome because you can do what you want when you want and you don't have to worry about fitting in with anyone else :) You'll have a fantastic time!!!!

Well I was planning at the end of last year to go on holiday in around August/September this year to the US due to the strong dollar and stuff but I changed my mind because I was unsure. The tour has just given me another reason to go. I'm definitely not going just for her. LA and Vegas were on my list originally so that's where I thought would be the best place to see her. But as I said I'll be going for 4 weeks so I'm making the most of it. In addition to seeing M I will also be going places like New Orleans, Orlando, D.C and New York! The only down side is I'll be going on my own because all my friends have booked holidays this year to other places already.

Oh you're going to have so much fun what month are you going? I travelled to America in August 06 on my own I had so much fun. American's are very friendly in general inparticular in New York and San Francisco. New York was amazing I was going to go back this year but have postponed it to next to get my finances under control.

Travelling on your own can be fun as well. You can do whatever you want! And you will be obligated to make new friends in the states! :)

Yep, travelling by yourself can be great fun! Good luck to anyone who can go O/S to see the show! I wish I could, but I have a mortgage etc. that gets in the way. Why can't that bitch just come here for once? Or, more correctly, for twice. :tongue:

i've decided that I'm going to travel to Miami to see her. I have already started saving but I will only be able to stay in America for a week or two due to my money situation.

it really is unfair that she has ignored us for 15 years and that I have to spend nearly $4000 AUS to see her for one night.

i've decided that I'm going to travel to Miami to see her. I have already started saving but I will only be able to stay in America for a week or two due to my money situation.

it really is unfair that she has ignored us for 15 years and that I have to spend nearly $4000 AUS to see her for one night.

Is it really worth forking out thousands of $$$ just to see a concert?? I would only do it if I was combining it with a holiday I was able to enjoy don't kill yourself to see the bitch honestly..

Is it really worth forking out thousands of $$$ just to see a concert?? I would only do it if I was combining it with a holiday I was able to enjoy don't kill yourself to see the bitch honestly..

If he really wants to, though, shouldn't he be able to without people questioning whether it's worth it? Obviously he's put a lot of thought into it and wants to go, even if it means sacrificing something else. In any case, "a week or two" constitutes a holiday - it's not like he's flying over there, going to the concert, then getting on the plane the next morning and coming home :)

Good for you, musique! If it's what you really want, then go for it and have an absolute ball!!! You won't regret it :thumbsup:

I kinda am almost goin there for the concert than coming back when u look at the hours it takes to travel, but I have to do this for myself because I really don't want to miss out on seeing this tour! to me, it is worth very lil cent!

I kinda am almost goin there for the concert than coming back when u look at the hours it takes to travel, but I have to do this for myself because I really don't want to miss out on seeing this tour! to me, it is worth very lil cent!

And that's all that matters :thumbsup:

If you go for two weeks, you'll have at least 10 days there (it's about a 32 hour trip from the east coast of Australia to the east coast of the US). If you're away for a full week, with the time difference, you'll have five days there before you have to fly home.

Enjoy every second!!!!

Spending thousands on a concert isn't worth it IMO. You need at LEAST a month in America to enjoy yourself. I would get to NYC and San Francisco if you can make it much worthwhile if the concert is shit you are going to be very disappointed.