4 Minutes/Hard Candy at US iTunes (part 2)

Guest Bad Robot

Guest ercos
Ok, Leona, it's time to fall.... your sh***ty song has lasted too much :voodoo:

+++++++++++++++1. cant understand the greatness / popularity of this song (BL)... :vogue:

Guest marsha
iTunesUS56.jpg

iTunesUS57.jpg

iTunesUS58.jpg

iTunesUS59.jpg

O it's time for Better time. think it's a 3 day roll system, BL climbed so quickly with Idol, it could explain the huge gap. we'll see tomorrow. the song has to fall now! Move your big ass into the south.

I can see No Air falling! Is there any chance for 4 Minutes to peak at no2 on the hot100 finally? Usher&Mariah are losing is sales and airplay more day by day, No Air is losing is sales. Leona of course is huge, so bye bye no1

Guest marsha
it seems itunes is frozen again

I try to understand the pop bars and itunes system. I presume it's 3 day roll, so it could explain the sudden huge jump after a song is available, a video premiered, an Idol's performance..., and the gap remaining steady for a few days

example with song X (1 is a unit sold). ok, seems complicated but it's not ;-)

Week 1 Mon/Wed (0 unit + 1+ 2), Thu/Sat (3+ 4+ 5), Sun (6)

Week 2 Mon/Wed (5 + 4 + 3)

TOTAL (at the end of the day)

Week1: Wed: 3 (0+1+2) Thu: 6 Fri: 9 Sat: 12 Sun: 15

Week 2 Mon: 16 Tue: 2 Wed: 15 Wed: 12 ...

So, with Leona on Idol Wed 23, could have given somethin' like that

***hypothesis, of course***

1 = 1 sale/ these figures just to give an order of ideas

Previous week: Thu/Sat (2 + 2+ 2), Sun (2)

This week Mon/Wed (2 + 2 + 4), Thu/Sat (6 + 5 + 4), Sun (3)

TOTAL: Mon: 6 Tue: 6 Wed: 8 Thu: 12 Fri: 15 Sat: 15 Sun: 12

4M (with steady sales)

Previous week: Thu/Sat (3 + 3 + 3), Sun (3)

This week Mon/Wed (3 + 3 + 3), Thu/Sat ( 3 + 3 + 3), Sun (3)

TOTAL: Mon: 9 Tue: 9 Wed: 9 Thu: 9 Fri: 9 Sat: 9 Sun: 9

4M vs BL

Mon

4M - 9

BL - 6

Tue

4M - 9

BL - 6

Wed

4M 9

BL 8

Thu

BL -12

4M - 9

Fri

BL - 15

4M - 9

Sat

BL - 15

4M - 9

Sun

BL - 12

4M - 9

Idol's effect.

So, the gap should decrease tomorrow, how much depends on Idol's effect longevity. And, with HC in stores and promo, 4M could reclaim Top spot midweek, then lead with a large advance at the end of next week. so everything is possible. popularity bars are depressing right now but don't reflect real time situation. if 4M sales remain steady and Idol's impact is short, 4M could reverse the situation soon, and we'll be able to measure the gap next friday. it will depend on HC's promo. #1 is still possible. now it's up to Madgic!

my theory: 4M'll reclaim top spot on itunes thursday or friday (maybe as soon as Wed) and it'll be Hot 100 #1 next week or week after. yes, I'm crazy;-)

my theory: 4M'll reclaim top spot on itunes thursday or friday (maybe as soon as Wed) and it'll be Hot 100 #1 next week or week after. yes, I'm crazy;-)

Yes, you are :smile:

Guest marsha

want to understand this system. don't want computers rule the world and let us ignorants! Never ;-)

the 3 days thing is not so complicated. I'm quite sure about a 3 days rolling or a 4 days and 3. it's not a one hour system (close to real time), because ranks would change more significantly. songs will cimb and drop all the time. it's quite stable, except for new song or after TV shows, promo.

not a 7 days neither, because a song could not climb and enter top 10 so quickly (no song can sell 100k in one day). Definitely, it's a chart counting sales for 3/4 days, that's why, I guess, a song can climb faster than it would do with a weekly system. then, can remain steady for 3/4 days.

concerning Leonas BL, the unknown parameter is how steady is Idol's effect. few hours, few days, difficult to say. with a one hour system we'd know.

I swear I will find what's behind your carcass iTerminatunes! ;-)

Guest marsha
marsha

iTunes bar shows 3 days of sales

if 4 Minutes will be #1 again on Thursday then it means that 4 Minutes is #1 according to sales Monday - Wednesday

O thanks Sniper!! :angel: if felt so lonely;-) so it's a 3 days, cool. Can't wait for thursday. I hope Leona sold tons wednesday night an thursday only then slowed dow. move leona!

Guest Nothing_Really_Fails

BL is a good song, glad it made it to #1 but, it's time for 4m to at least get 1 week at #1. but #3 is an accomplishment on its own. cheers Madonna/Timberland/JT kudos

BL is a good song, glad it made it to #1 but, it's time for 4m to at least get 1 week at #1. but #3 is an accomplishment on its own. cheers Madonna/Timberland/JT kudos

Leone should do some promo for her next single. BL is already a hit, but it's uncertain what will happen then

LL was really good on idol but they did use a backing track on some of the song

but she killed it. she has a incredible voice.

i love her cd.

best AI performance by far was Kelly Clarkson with Reba McEntire

followed by Dolly Parton's appearance!

Guest marsha
People are guessing what the rolling amount of days is on the iTunes chart, since no one at iTunes has said or will say what it is.

if I pay, they say; it's all about money ;-)

this is good, fans won't be forced to buy the whole album... most will buy separately...

unlike that strategy they used for the previous digital EPs where there are album only tracks, it reduced counting of sales...

hardcandyuk.jpg

where is the HARD CANDY iTunes World charts?

anyways, GERMANY and FRANCE have HC Deluxe and Standard at #1 and #2...

note that the 4 MINUTES single is already far #1

then add the ones that are bought separately in the Deluxe Version (3 versions)... plus 1 in the Standard version

WOW, we'll see staggering points for 4MINUTES in the United World Chart...

the three separate version being bought in HC Deluxe is happening worldwide mind you...

I hope they fix the US iTunes now, it hasn't changed again

Is Mariah and her team hacking iTunes USA now??

I can't see any commercial for HC and it's not in the top.10's allthough being released soon...

last week, iTunes fixed it around morning of TUESDAY...

Will all those versions of 4M that are available for download with the album count towards the sales of the 4M single? If that is true then it is very probable that 4M will sell about 240-250k this week, making a #1 in the Hot100 look very possible!

Will all those versions of 4M that are available for download with the album count towards the sales of the 4M single? If that is true then it is very probable that 4M will sell about 240-250k this week, making a #1 in the Hot100 look very possible!

everything is possible...

Right now for US iTunes, 4 Minutes have tons of versions that will count as separate scan if bought separately...

HC Deluxe - 3 versions (the track#2 is the #2 over-all version of the Deluxe Album version)

Standard - 1

Remixes - 6

Remix Edits - 4

4 Minutes EP - 1

the CD-MAXI is also out now in the US

and the Picture Disc May 5...

everything is possible...

Right now for US iTunes, 4 Minutes have tons of versions that will count as separate scan if bought separately...

HC Deluxe - 3 versions (the track#2 is the #2 over-all version of the Deluxe Album version)

Standard - 1

Remixes - 6

Remix Edits - 4

4 Minutes EP - 1

the CD-MAXI is also out now in the US

and the Picture Disc May 5...

mtzlplk

could you create stand-alone thread?

something like "the last chance for #1"

and post

1. all possible links to buy 4 Minutes on iTunes and Amazon

2. streaming links

3. support links for Z100, KIIS, ...

It's our last chance! We will build the chart history better!