4 Minutes/Hard Candy at US iTunes (part 2)

Guest Bad Robot

it shows in the homepage... i wonder how long this LEONA surge last... the Idol gives back performances didn't last that long...

it probably experienced a big surge because MADONNA was still leading by a wide margin before falling to #2...

it shows in the homepage... i wonder how long this LEONA surge last... the Idol gives back performances didn't last that long...

but im wondering bout by how large is the gap?

Chris Brown's new song is #4 after 2 days of release... It may jump over Madonna too...

Still there is a chance for next week for strong sales because of the album release....

we need PROMO!

an Idol performance would be AMAZING next week :(

Guest iMisto

The iTunes home page shows Leona ahead... but when I click, to see the bars and such, it shows 4M ahead.

Either way... this is mighty troubling. I'm so over 4M making it to #1. It's impossible when the artist is lazy. :dramatic:

The iTunes home page shows Leona ahead... but when I click, to see the bars and such, it shows 4M ahead.

i think they update the homepage more often than the TOP100 window...

Guest iMisto
i think they update the homepage more often than the TOP100 window...

Ohh.. than the world is over. 4M has slipped to #2. :thumbsdown:

Either way... this is mighty troubling. I'm so over 4M making it to #1. It's impossible when the artist is lazy. :dramatic:

STOP THE MADNESS!

Madonna is NOT lazy. That's the one thing you can't call her.

G. A. L. (get a life) girl.

Guest marsha

;)

Guest marsha
STOP THE MADNESS!

Madonna is NOT lazy. That's the one thing you can't call her.

G. A. L. (get a life) girl.

papa don't preach

Guest Danny86
Actually she kinda is...

if she believe the album will promote itself... she is INDEED lazy!

She has a LIFE and other priorities, unlike Mariah Carey whose only goal is to score #1s.

Madonna is already focusing on the Malawi documentary and the tour. She can't be bothered to go to every single tv show (including AI) to promote her record. I think she only promoted Ray Of Light & American Life properly in the USA during the album launch anyway.

She can't be bothered to go to every single tv show (including AI) to promote her record. I think she only promoted Ray Of Light & American Life properly in the USA during the album launch anyway.

but that's the thing, she hasn't done any yet, the only one she has scheduled is a morning show... guesting on tv shows are scheduled in advance, so why no info even until now and the album is about to drop in 5 days... it's a pity if she doesn't do one or two really popular TV program during the album release...

She has a LIFE and other priorities, unlike Mariah Carey whose only goal is to score #1s.

Madonna is already focusing on the Malawi documentary and the tour. She can't be bothered to go to every single tv show (including AI) to promote her record. I think she only promoted Ray Of Light & American Life properly in the USA during the album launch anyway.

Offcourse she has a life!

duh...

that's not my point... and she should not go and promote on every single show there is either...

but she has a product and she should promote it... its as simple as that...

other people who are 50 and have kids works 9-5 every mon-fri! She works in terms and now she has to work for a couple of weeks doing promo... for her product... is that wierd?

if a salesperson didn't promote their products... they would have been kicked out of the company...

now why shouldn't Madonna work some for her product?

And the Malawi documentary... if that would have been more important then she could have just released that instead of a new album if that is her priority...

So you mean because she has a life she shouldn't work for her products just like everyone else would have to do? Like other hard working 50yos with kids aren't worthy or something? So she should just kick back and relax and see what will happen to this new product of hers?

LEONA also HAS GAINED HUGE AIRPLAY in few days...must sell more becuase of that tpoo.

Actually she is breaking records on the POP format.. She has more than 70m impressions only from POP/top40!

Guest Danny86
but she has a product and she should promote it... its as simple as that...

other people who are 50 and have kids works 9-5 every mon-fri! She works in terms and now she has to work for a couple of weeks doing promo... for her product... is that wierd?

if a salesperson didn't promote their products... they would have been kicked out of the company...

now why shouldn't Madonna work some for her product?

And the Malawi documentary... if that would have been more important then she could have just released that instead of a new album if that is her priority...

So you mean because she has a life she shouldn't work for her products just like everyone else would have to do? Like other hard working 50yos with kids aren't worthy or something? So she should just kick back and relax and see what will happen to this new product of hers?

Sorry but that's way off. Madonna does not need to promote her products like anyone who works 9-5 every day. She has a record contract, she is (well was, coz it was the last album) obliged to record and release an album in every 2,5 years and to make videos, maybe some photoshoots, but it's not her responsibility to go and promote it on every show. That's up to her management or her label. Madonna knows her music promotes itself to a certain extent, and she probably does not care to challenge with Mariah or anyone else on the charts.

She already signed a new contract, so we'll have at least 3 more albums, but it was her choice to keep on making music. She gets money in many different ways already, that it's not her priority to get some more extra bucks from album sales that are caused by some tv promo.

No matter how many copies Hard Candy is gonna sell, she's going to get a hell lot of more money from her next tour. So no, she certainly does not sit back and watch. She's gonna release more singles, and will promote the album on tour.

Sorry but that's way off. Madonna does not need to promote her products like anyone who works 9-5 every day. She has a record contract, she is (well was, coz it was the last album) obliged to record and release an album in every 2,5 years and to make videos, maybe some photoshoots, but it's not her responsibility to go and promote it on every show. That's up to her management or her label. Madonna knows her music promotes itself to a certain extent, and she probably does not care to challenge with Mariah or anyone else on the charts.

She already signed a new contract, so we'll have at least 3 more albums, but it was her choice to keep on making music. She gets money in many different ways already, that it's not her priority to get some more extra bucks from album sales that are caused by some tv promo.

No matter how many copies Hard Candy is gonna sell, she's going to get a hell lot of more money from her next tour. So no, she certainly does not sit back and watch. She's gonna release more singles, and will promote the album on tour.

Well it would take her maximum 2 weeks to promote it... all she has to do really is to go to a couple of major tv shows...

so I don't get your point really... it's not "hard" work... tour offcourse is... but that's another story...

So you basically saying that promote your product is not needed?

well I think if someone doesn't care for their products that much than why bother even releasing the stuff?

I know she has her contract and I know she gets cash anyway... but really it should be in HER interest to make people interested in what she has to offer? If I would have been an artist I would want the masses to KNOW about my new product... it's not that wierd when you think about it... offcourse it should be in her interest if she FEELS for her product that as many people as possible will know about this new product of hers...

if not it's like she's just doing this because she has to.. or to make some extra cash but doesn't really care to spread the word about it so to speak...

if she did care for her product she would promote it... now it's like whatever... so does she really like this new album? does she want people to know about it? I dunno...

Actually she is breaking records on the POP format.. She has more than 70m impressions only from POP/top40!

there were songs that reached the 70M level before in POP...

Guest Danny86
Well it would take her maximum 2 weeks to promote it... all she has to do really is to go to a couple of major tv shows...

so I don't get your point really... it's not "hard" work... tour offcourse is... but that's another story...

So you basically saying that promote your product is not needed?

well I think if someone doesn't care for their products that much than why bother even releasing the stuff?

I know she has her contract and I know she gets cash anyway... but really it should be in HER interest to make people interested in what she has to offer? If I would have been an artist I would want the masses to KNOW about my new product... it's not that wierd when you think about it... offcourse it should be in her interest if she FEELS for her product that as many people as possible will know about this new product of hers...

if not it's like she's just doing this because she has to.. or to make some extra cash but doesn't really care to spread the word about it so to speak...

if she did care for her product she would promote it... now it's like whatever... so does she really like this new album? does she want people to know about it? I dunno...

But it's not like Hard Candy has no promo at all! You act like Madonna put out Hard Candy into shops without any notification. The digital sales of "4 Minutes" alone contradict that! She already made sure that MANY people know about it!

There is online promo, there are the promo gigs, Sunsilk commercial, all the mag covers... And I think Madonna actually uses the tour to make people hear her new music, and she probably considers that as a better "work" than going to American Idol.

If Madonna went to every big tv show on the week of April 28th and May 5th, she'd obviously have bigger opening weeks, but then fans would start complaining that "Why did Madonna stop promoting the album?!" or "Why isn't Madonna performing "Miles Away", the 3rd single on Oprah?!"...

there were songs that reached the 70M level before in POP...

Do we know which song or which songs have reached the highest level ever? I guess it's around 75? It's impressing though that even that she reached 70M BL is still the song with the biggest increase of spins

But it's not like Hard Candy has no promo at all! You act like Madonna put out Hard Candy into shops without any notification. The digital sales of "4 Minutes" alone contradict that! She already made sure that MANY people know about it!

There is online promo, there are the promo gigs, Sunsilk commercial, all the mag covers... And I think Madonna actually uses the tour to make people hear her new music, and she probably considers that as a better "work" than going to American Idol.

If Madonna went to every big tv show on the week of April 28th and May 5th, she'd obviously have bigger opening weeks, but then fans would start complaining that "Why did Madonna stop promoting the album?!" or "Why isn't Madonna performing "Miles Away", the 3rd single on Oprah?!"...

eh?

Yes... the promo has been truly amazing... her promo effort has been amazing... your first sentence basically tells us that everyone except for HER promotes her song...

and the promo gigs are more of a fan treatment than actuall promo for the masses...

and yes everyone is watching this Sunslik commercial and these mag covers...

plz... stop deluding yourself

and your last sentence is just stupid... so I won't even comment on that...

if you think that she's been doing good promo... good for you...

but NO... she hasn't!

It takes away from her ICON status a bit if she's on Oprah and AI every other month like she's some fly-by-night American Idol winner or Mariah Carey.

Can we stop this promotion crap?

She's MADONNA.

Every human on earth who likes her is aware she has an album coming out.

I thought artists wanted new fanbase too? and wanted to reach out to more people just than the regular fanbase?...

and nope... not everyone who likes her (except for the more hardcore fans) knows she has an album out...