UK Charts - Nov 11 - Midweeks

Guest Hafo

Virgin/EMI will be in panic mode over both Kylie and the Spice Girls this week. James Masterson in his UK chart commentary is all but labelling both singles flops, even going as far as speculating that "Headlines" might miss the Top 10 completely (unlikely, given the promotion coming up). He doesn't give Kylie any chance of reaching #1 (a fair call) and this in itself must be worrying for everyone concerned, given the major promotional push. Kylie has already tried the indie genre and the UK wasn't listening, giving her the least successful singles of her career a decade ago. "2 Hearts" is more like the Kylie of "Impossible Princess" than "Fever", although some of the tracks from X that have surfaced seem more likely of achieving massive success.

In Australia, "2 Hearts" reached #1 at iTunes after four days in the store, but it's now been knocked off the top spot by Timbaland's "Apologize". It debuted at #4 on the digital chart after a full week of sales and should have debuted at #10 on the overall chart, but Warners Australia decided not to request that it be included in the chart (my guess is that they're hoping for a #1 debut next week, which obviously is much better for PR than a #10 debut based on digital sales alone).

Happy to see Robert Plant and Alison Krauss holding at a respectable 5th position.

And vow... Amy goes up to the 6th place despite 2 new entries in the top 5 and her De Luxe version of Back to black charting UNFAIRLY separately

White christmas...yes... but Whitney seems to be Ok, with Bobby kicked out and a new Top 3 smash album, she may be fit for fight to crowned UK´s SECOND best selling woman...? Or is it Celine? Mariah? :vanitybonet:

Since Madonna is WAAAAAY ahead in UK. :scared:

Anyway... I´m really happy for Whitney´s sake, God knows she needs it after the living hell these past years have become. :thumbsup:

I bet they send single number 2 to radio in early December with a release in January, when there's zilch competition for it. :rotfl:

I was just thinking the same thing. There's no way they'll leave it til next year before the next single goes to radio! Watch "2 Hearts" plummet in airplay also, now that is has the whiff of "flop" about it!

I think the Kylie album will do well following the promotion of it on her TV show at the weekend.

There again, it might not. Body Language wasn't helped by the hour long ITV special a few years back.

Do you know what it's up against that week?

Album release schedule the week before X's release:

19th Nov

Alicia Keys – As I Am

Bonnie Prince Billy - Ask Forgiveness

Daft Punk – Alive 2007

Dan Deacon - Spiderman Of The Rings

Duran Duran – Red Carpet Massacre

Frightened Rabbit – Sing The Greys

Fron Male Voice Choir – Voices of the Valley Encore

Girls Aloud – Tangled Up

Goo Goo Dolls - Greatest Hits: Vol. 1 - The Singles

Gorillaz – D-Sides

Joan Jett & The Blackhearts – Sinner

Katherine Jenkins – Rejoice

Kid Rock - Rock N Roll Jesus

Laura Critchley – Sometimes I

Lee Mead – Lee Mead

Los Campesinos! - Sticking Fingers Into Sockets

Mattafix – Rhythm & Hymns

Mitchell Brothers - Dressed For The Occasion

NOFX – They’ve Actually Gotten Worse Live

Powderfinger – Dream Days At The Hotel Experience

Queensryche - Take Cover

Ryan Adams - Everybody Knows (EP)

Soulja Boy – Tell 'Em

Tarja [Nightwish] – My Winter Storm

Zoe Mace - Once Upon A Time

NOW 68

And the week of X's release:

26th Nov

All Angels – Into Paradise

Billy Talent – 666

Connie Talbot – Over The Rainbow

Damien Rice - Live From The Union Chapel

Genesis – Live Over Europe 2007

Jean-Michael Jarre – Oxygene [30th Anniversary Edition]

Jim Bob – A Humpty Dumpty Thing

Kylie Minogue – X

Nine Inch Nails - Y34rz3r0r3mix3d (Year Zero Remixed)

Richard Fleeshman – Neon

Russell Watson – Outside In

The Shaky Hands – The Shaky Hands

Shayne Ward – Breathless

Teatro – Teatro

Whitest Boy Alive - Dreams

Wyclef Jean – The Carnival II: Memoirs Of An Immigrant

Live Earth (1CD + 2CD versions)

I believe 'Body Language' sold 70,000 copies in its first week, which should see her in the top 3...tho album sales are bound to be bigger by the end of november so who knows? I would imagine it's a cert Leona will still be the top album in 2 weeks' time.

I believe 'Body Language' sold 70,000 copies in its first week, which should see her in the top 3...tho album sales are bound to be bigger by the end of november so who knows?

So you're assuming that the 70,000 people who bought "Body Language" will come back for seconds?

DOUBTFUL.

I have a feeling she will be number one with the album. And I have a feeling that the physical singles are going to sell very good.

By the way, people from UK, do you think that your charts are a bit weird nowadays? I am shocked at songs like Umbrella or this Leona one selling so much and being such hits. They are not that good.

I have a feeling she will be number one with the album. And I have a feeling that the physical singles are going to sell very good.

By the way, people from UK, do you think that your charts are a bit weird nowadays? I am shocked at songs like Umbrella or this Leona one selling so much and being such hits. They are not that good.

Umbrella was a massive hit ALL AROUND THE WORLD, not just the UK. It fully deserved its success too. It's an incredibly catchy, strong track. :rolleyes:

The Leona song is a real grower, and hardly surprising it's such a hit given the exposure.

Oh Karby. Whatever are we to do with you? You seem to be making less and less sense every day!