Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

well, I like it better than Medellin.. but.. even though this is supposed to be an album full of latin, Portuguese and other influences, I mostly hear an American sound which isn't my cup of tea.. surprising since I assume Mirwais produced? but.. songs always need to grow on me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Nikki said:

well, I like it better than Medellin.. but.. even though this is supposed to be an album full of latin, Portuguese and other influences, I mostly hear an American sound which isn't my cup of tea.. surprising since I assume Mirwais produced? but.. songs always need to grow on me.

I heard only the snippet robster posted, but I feel the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Andra said:

Nope no robotic voice, I'm listening to it with my headphones!!!

I'll try it on my speakers when I'll be home......!
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Full lyrics from the clip so far:

I Rise,
Up above it
Up above it
I Rise
I Rise
I Rise
Up above it all

There's nothing you can do to me that hasn't been done
Not pull or push it, not to run from a gun
River of tears ran dry, let 'm run
No game that you can play with me, I ain't one

Cause I'm going through …
I know you see the tragic in it
Just hold on to the little bit of magic in it
I can't break down now
I can't take that now

Died a thousand times
But managed to survive
I can’t break down now
I can’t take that, I can’t take it

I Rise
I Rise
I Rise
Up above it
Up above it
I Rise
I Rise
I Rise
Up above it all

The minute you survive

Freedom’s what you choose to do with what…

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robster said:
full lyrics from the clip so far:
 

I Rise,
Up above it
Up above it
I Rise
I Rise
I Rise
Up above it all

There's nothing you can do to me that hasn't been done
Not pull or push it, not to run from a gun
River of tears ran dry, let 'm run
No game that you can play with me, I ain't one

Cause I'm going through …
I know you see the tragic in it
Just hold on to the little bit of magic in it
I can't break down now
I can't take that now

Died a thousand times
But managed to survive
I can’t break down now
I can’t take that, I can’t take it

I Rise
I Rise
I Rise
Up above it
Up above it
I Rise
I Rise
I Rise
Up above it all

The minute you survive

Freedom’s what you choose to do with what…

 

Do you know the name of the song they filmed in LA with the queens?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bat-Fan said:

Do you know the name of the song they filmed in LA with the queens?

Crave, as far as I know!

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, robster said:

For those who were disappointed with her vocal delivery in Medellin, this one should restore your faith. 

Who could be disappointed with her vocals in Medellín that their faith would need to be restored?? Wtf? Lol I’m just a bit surprised, because she sounds so suave, sexy and chill in Medellín, and her voice is pretty clear and beautiful. In fact, her voice is the best part in that song! I just can’t with some people.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, robster said:

Crave, as far as I know!

Uou, nice! So probably next week we ll have the song (and the video?) and then it will be performed on Eurovision?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Katypatra said:

Who could be disappointed with her vocals in Medellín that their faith would need to be restored?? Wtf? Lol I’m just a bit surprised, because she sounds so suave, sexy and chill in Medellín, and her voice is pretty clear and beautiful. In fact, her voice is the best part in that song! I just can’t with some people.  

Yes, great vocals on Medellin. I thought she sounded a lot like ROL and that's one of her best vocal moments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, elijah said:

I heard only the snippet robster posted, but I feel the same.

yeah I just expected more organic sounds I guess? more of a raw feel? but this is just a teaser of a second song, so we'll see for the whole album... but hey, it's way better than Medellin imo so im glad

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, elijah said:

Yes, great vocals on Medellin. I thought she sounded a lot like ROL and that's one of her best vocal moments.

Yes! Exactly! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I‘m on the train listening to the chorus again and I just gasped out loud! Couldn‘t contain my excitement :laugh:

Now I have my seat neighbours staring at me :sneaky:

I would love to take out my headphones and blast this out so everyone gets to hear it! :crazy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, robster said:

Crave, as far as I know!

Omg I’m so happy that she will perform the crave in Eurovision!!!🤪😍❤️

Edited by Sideris
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nikki said:

yeah I just expected more organic sounds I guess? more of a raw feel? but this is just a teaser of a second song, so we'll see. 

And its a closing track. As a whole she seems to choose the weirdest track (or rather the departure from the whole album) as the closing track. Maybe it is the least "worldly" track on the album? Plus its not on the regular album AND we haven't heard all of it (at least I haven't). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, elijah said:

And its a closing track. As a whole she seems to choose the weirdest track (or rather the departure from the whole album) as the closing track. Maybe it is the least "worldly" track on the album? Plus its not on the regular album AND we haven't heard all of it (at least I haven't). 

oh.. 😞 well that's sad because it sounds worthy enough to be on the standard. I can't stop listening to it

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, elijah said:

And its a closing track. As a whole she seems to choose the weirdest track (or rather the departure from the whole album) as the closing track. Maybe it is the least "worldly" track on the album? Plus its not on the regular album AND we haven't heard all of it (at least I haven't). 

It´s the closing song on all editions.

The chorus is gorgeous

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

yeah I just expected more organic sounds I guess? more of a raw feel? but this is just a teaser of a second song, so we'll see for the whole album... but hey, it's way better than Medellin imo so im glad

Yes, but do you or do you not like Medellin?... you haven't made that clear yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Musicinferno said:

It´s the closing song on all editions.

The chorus is gorgeous

Oh, my mistake. I was always fixated on the Deluxe and assumed since its the last song there, it wont be on the regular album.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It s amazing...damnWoman thanks for still being da soundtrack of my life

Link to post
Share on other sites

The full track is awesome! The intro has a bit of the speech from that girl who demonstrated against the school shootings I think. The ending is gorgeous with increasing vocodered layered efftecs having the track build to a big finish with the lyrics "yes we can, we can get it together" Stunning vocals, nothing overly processed in the verses and chorus!

Link to post
Share on other sites

the clip sounds very promising, the lyrics are great....can`t wait for the whole song........

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, robster said:

The full track is awesome! The intro has a bit of the speech from that girl who demonstrated against the school shootings I think. The ending is gorgeous with increasing vocodered layered efftecs having the track build to a big finish with the lyrics "yes we can, we can get it together" Stunning vocals, nothing overly processed in the verses and chorus!

😍

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robster said:

The full track is awesome! The intro has a bit of the speech from that girl who demonstrated against the school shootings I think. The ending is gorgeous with increasing vocodered layered efftecs having the track build to a big finish with the lyrics "yes we can, we can get it together" Stunning vocals, nothing overly processed in the verses and chorus!

Do u think she will perform it at Eurovision?? or the 2nd single?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...