Madonna Instagram thread continued: the queen continues to defy social media rules

Apples388

Why are we giving these z list writers attention. I have never heard or read any of their bullshit! Like I said the General public don't care!

Yeah I know but when we are reading about them on these threads, they are so stupid and annoying that we end up commenting on how pathetic they are.

Exactly If Taylor or Lardy did the same shit, the media would do Jackshit

Because their opinion is irrelevant. Madonna is an opinion leader, her words matter.

Is The View on Monday?? I hope Rosie says something.

Looks like it because Rosie tweeted something about her last day of vacation

Check out this cunt's article:

Madonna's Racist Instagram Posts Prove She's Still 'Hung Up' On Cultural Appropriation
http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fpmbucket By Elizabeth Plank January 2, 2015

Sorry Madge, no amount of Photoshop will put you on equal footing with Nelson Mandela.

As part of her "Unapologetic Bitch" tour and the launch of her album Rebel Heart, the superstar posted a series of photos in which she manipulated iconic photos of civil rights leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. and Nelson Mandela into the odd, BDSM-inspired chords that bedecked her own visage on the album.

Here's the original:

Here's a manipulated image of King in the Madonna get-up:

They say there's no such thing as bad publicity, and Madonna is no stranger to it. But these pictures are offensive, especially given the national conversations we've been having about the need for racial equality.

As Jezebel's Julianne Escobedo Shepherd wrote, Madonna's track record when it comes to tone-deaf statements on race is horrible, especially from someone with such an impressive platform: "Unfortunately, historically Madonna's non-apologies are complicated by the fact that she is often racially insensitive and a longtime cultural appropriator, and her latest Instagram photos are no exception."

Indeed, the aging "Like a Virgin" diva has been criticized for stealing "voguing" from black drags, appropriating parts of Indian cultures in music videos and her invocation of Arabic while wearing a stylized niqab in several Istagram posts.

To add insult to injury, it's only been a little while since she apologized for using the N-word to describe her son. Has she not learned anything?

If you're a rich white celebrity, comparing yourself to a black icon is never a good idea. Doing it in a transparent attempt to boost record sales is even worse. In an effort to stay relevant, Madonna has just shown how out of touch she really is.

h/t Jezebel

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK:
http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fpmbucket
Elizabeth Plank
Elizabeth is a Senior Editor at Mic. She has a Masters degree from the London School of Economics and has experience in the field of behavioural science and women's advocacy.

chandler-shut-up-friends-matthew-perry.g

But...

I like the suggestion of calling it the Unapologetic Bitch Tour or even better, the Bitch, I'm Madonna Tour

Another white woman accusing another white woman of cultural appropriation when she speaks in the name of black people and stealing their voice for her own benefit and to exist.

Amen!

And this fucking cultural appropriation thing ! That's what culture is all about and how cultures were born in the first place, did they really go to college or only passed the exams ? Especially american culture which is a total mix of various cultures, is it appropriation ? Even tribes in Africa and in the middle east had their local cultures built on traveling and travelers, it's called nomadism. Stupid people. And voguing again ? Do they know where it comes from FIRST ? Are we gonna accuse the black communities from Harlem in the 40's of stealing the poses and clothes of actresses and actors in movies or in the pages of Vogue magazine they tried to emulate ? Before talking about something educate yourself.

It'd be nice if people got this riled up over the things our politicians do. Everyone loves to hunt down a celebrity though - after all, they have what the average joe wants. And Madonna's been considered at the top of it all, a huge target now, not only amongst the general public, but her peers, newspapers, and a couple from the new music generation. This is such a ridiculous thing to get outraged about. There are people out there killing others. There are REAL racist people deciding our country's laws, and there are rights constantly being stripped away from a general public that grows more idiotic year by year, and would rather vote with the like button instead of going to the polls.

I mean, where are these people when REAL issues need to be addressed? I get Madonna apologizing, because if the American lynch mob gets out of control, she'll be branded a racist, even though she's the farthest thing from it. It's really weird/disgusting. And like when are we all gonna stop getting offended over things? Because getting offended all the time doesn't solve the problem of racism - it just makes everyone feel like they have to walk on eggshells all the time. I'm gay, and when someone hates gay people - I KNOW IT. I don't have to read into every little thing they say or joke they make. If someone makes a joke, I know if they're on my side or the other side. If they're on mine, I laugh along, and if they're on the other side, they don't get a minute of my time.

Friend and lover, no one can say shit about posting him as #rebelheart !

1966706_10152999964274402_52220567780303

"Basquiat! Yes anoher #rebelheart !! Another person i look up to and admire. None of these #rebelhearts are perfect they are human and come from all walks of life but all have one thing in common. All Freedom Fighters! All Brave! And all have inspired me as an Artist and a Human. #revolutionoflove #artforfreedom #livingforlove #rebelheart"

10394019_10152999971184402_8014960664919

"Yes Princess Diana was. #rebelheart! Anyone who fights for freedom is a #rebelheart"

It'd be nice if people got this riled up over the things our politicians do. Everyone loves to hunt down a celebrity though - after all, they have what the average joe wants. And Madonna's been considered at the top of it all, a huge target now, not only amongst the general public, but her peers, newspapers, and a couple from the new music generation. This is such a ridiculous thing to get outraged about. There are people out there killing others. There are REAL racist people deciding our country's laws, and there are rights constantly being stripped away from a general public that grows more idiotic year by year, and would rather vote with the like button instead of going to the polls.

I mean, where are these people when REAL issues need to be addressed? I get Madonna apologizing, because if the American lynch mob gets out of control, she'll be branded a racist, even though she's the farthest thing from it. It's really weird/disgusting. And like when are we all gonna stop getting offended over things? Because getting offended all the time doesn't solve the problem of racism - it just makes everyone feel like they have to walk on eggshells all the time. I'm gay, and when someone hates gay people - I KNOW IT. I don't have to read into every little thing they say or joke they make. If someone makes a joke, I know if they're on my side or the other side. If they're on mine, I laugh along, and if they're on the other side, they don't get a minute of my time.

:headbang:

Guest Pud Whacker

I hate all this hate! its so sad!

I do, too. You should have heard my friends today saying how desperate she is behaving. Everything I was saying was getting shot down. My friend kept reiterating that it's getting harder and harder to defend her.

These were one time big fans who have dismissed her last two albums. Went to the extent to calling the last one 'completely unlistenable'.

Guest Pud Whacker

After the past couple of turbulent days, hope she pisses off and offends more people! :yes:

I don't. I like when people love madonna.

Google: "Mother Theresa Christopher Hitchens".

The Missionary Position: Mother Theresa- I thought I was going to piss myself when I read his book title :) cannot stop laughing :)

Cheers

And whoever did that Diana pic, sweet Jesus!

I do, too. You should have heard my friends today saying how desperate she is behaving. Everything I was saying was getting shot down. My friend kept reiterating that it's getting harder and harder to defend her.

These were one time big fans who have dismissed her last two albums. Went to the extent to calling the last one 'completely unlistenable'.

I love you, but your friends are assholes. :)

I've gotten into arguments with a few friends over her, not this current flap, but how she "behaves."

Sorry, world. Madonna will not throw on sweat pants and drive the kids to soccer practice because you're a bunch of ageist fucks.

I don't understand this whole cultural appropriation thing. What's wrong with appreciating the culture of another ethnic group or race? How is that racist? It would be more racist if you have no interest in other people's cultures or customs. I happen to love Indian, Vietnamese, Thai and Korean food more than American food. Am I culturally appropriating their food?

That certainly makes you a reverse racist! You should stick to things you know like white hot dogs and fries ( not of the French variety )

Guest Pud Whacker

I love you, but your friends are assholes. :)

I've gotten into arguments with a few friends over her, not this current flap, but how she "behaves."

Sorry, world. Madonna will not throw on sweat pants and drive the kids to soccer practice because you're a bunch of ageist fucks.

:lol:

They were being honest about their current feelings regarding her.

I wouldn't say they're assholes but it's a good way to take the temperature of people in real life and especially people who at one time were big fans.

Good note: they love Living For Love.

I wouldn't say they're assholes but it's a good way to take the temperature of people in real life and especially people who at one time were big fans.

I hear you and I appreciate that honesty. I had a friend who could not get over how she dressed at the Billboard awards a few years ago. My only point was that she's not your auntie and if my body is in half as good of shape as hers is in my 50s, fuck I will be showing off a lot more.

Not everyone has to like her, how could they, but jesus, she exposes a lot of hangups in some of her haters. This whole RH flap proves it.

Guest ditaluver

I never will understand those so disappointed by her! Each album is special in its own way. Ive always found something I love on each album.

Social media has given too many idiots a voice and sadly after all these years, she's reading it and she's clearly affected

Here's an article I found on a website that I've never seen before. It's written by Lisa Fogarty at Cafemom.This will make you feel good. I can't copy the article for some reason, but here's a link: http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/181115/madonna_martin_luther_king_instagram

I don't. I like when people love madonna.

I very much miss those days of love for M too, but her age, perceived white privilege, and longevity will be used as a weapon by the media and trolls. Several journalists today have expressed being offended and select moral outrage toward her (most of them are educated whites).

She has completely turned it around before, but the PC police who dominate the media are very unforgiving and love to tear down people they accuse of cultural appropriation or racism. I'm sure the LGBT media will be ripping her to shreds over these "insensitive" posts.