What about... alternate vocals!

Bill

Thanks jonski, though those vocals sound a lot like Nikki & Donna! Makes me yearn for their return for the new album. Will have to relisten to the Playground versions on my cd single

Edited by brem

Guest bluejean

The UK Playground CD has a longer version than the album version, but then I think the version in the film is even longer?

Yes. Exactly. There's an extra verse on the extended version on the single.

The film version contains an extra verse again.

Guest bluejean

"We're not interested in putting out a single and losing money just to get a chart position."

Well we knew that but I never knew they admitted it. Imagine if they actually gave a shit about chart positions, Madonna would probably have waaay more #1 hits

Yes. Exactly. There's an extra verse on the extended version on the single.

The film version contains an extra verse again.

Yes, the movie version is just like the long version but at the end, when she sings variations of the chorus she sings one that says:

This used to be our playground (Used to be)

This used to be our great escape

This used to be the place we ran to

This used to be our secret hidden place

oh i didn't know that there was that "problem" with DCFMA. Back then, with no internet, i just stumbled with the 12" in the record shop and I bought it. I was so surprised when i heard the mix!!!!!

It's a pity that there wasn't an official relese Buenos Aires and remixes for Another Suitcase. Those cd singles from the Evita era are so boring.

There's also the "my body your body everybody wants to party" in the oakenfold mix of Celebration.

But I think someone said the vocals were a copy and paste job...

That part should've been in the album version. I love it. :)

That part should've been in the album version. I love it. :)

YAAAAASSS

If you listen to the original album instrumental, you'll notice how much they edited out, including this part :/

"Baby on your own" at 2:56. On the album version this part is sung by a man, possibly with Madonna's voice mixed in very very low. Here she's solo.

And although they aren't alternates, please note the glorious (almost acapella) second verse vocals :dramatic:

"Baby on your own" at 2:56. On the album version this part is sung by a man, possibly with Madonna's voice mixed in very very low. Here she's solo.

And although they aren't alternates, please note the glorious (almost acapella) second verse vocals :dramatic:

This is the Shep's Spressin' Himself Re-Remix from the B-side of Justify My Love.

• 2 weeks later...

Generally, I trust your word as the be all, end all, when it comes to Madonna facts, but I distinctly hear "Go"!! :lol:

I'm with Mattress, sorry, Bill! "your" :)

I was looking for the alternate music vocals where she says "Do you like to tango" or something like that, and stumble upon these ones

I love her comments at the beginning, plus the different vocals at 1:15, then at 2, with the "tango" bit